Author Topic: Need some advice  (Read 5329 times)

Offline CypherDragon

Re: Need some advice
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 06:48:30 am »
Well, I did get a response back, but it didn't say anything new. I've sent her the ultimatum of QQ or nothing, and blocked her on chnlove...to be honest at this point I don't expect to hear anything more.

Thanks again for acting as a sounding board to a complete stranger, and helping me to see things as they really are. I'm going to go blow up some virtual spaceships and be depressed for a bit...

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 07:01:01 am »
Don't let it get you too down, it has happened to many others and will happen to many more. Feel free to come here and share some fellowship with us, we have helped each other cope with situations such as this before. Problems and the lack of good answers/advice is one of the main reasons this forum was started originally. We are here to assist you anytime so don't be a stranger since you have officially been indoctrinated for membership here by ChnLove! ???

Offline maxx

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 11:14:16 am »
CyberDragon You have gotten some good advice from Willy and Gerry and some of the other members here. If you are seriose about meeting the woman of your dreams. Get on a plane and just go stand on a street corner in China. If the woman of your dreams doesn't come along in a minute. Her friend will and she will introduce you to the woman of your dreams.

I like Zhuhai. Because it is warm year around and it isn't to difficult to get to from Hong Kong. Cheap hotels And plenty to do for a week. The other brothers will tell you that. They like other cities better. It doesn't matter what city you pick. You just need to get your feet on the ground in China.

I know this sounds crazy. but it has actually worked for me in Thailand, Japan, Taiwan, and China. And it has worked for other members in China. I know it sounds a little scary. The what if's will drive you nuts. But if you don't go you never know what could of ben. If this still doesn't sound like a solid idea.A Chinlove  agency is above the McDonalds in Zhuhai. They will be happy to introduce you to a lady. Just  walk through the front door of the agency. They will take care of you. Willy and I know ladies in and around Zhuhai. That would be a good match for you. And I'm sure the other brother's know a few ladies to.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 01:05:00 pm »
Cyberdragoon, are any of her pictures, does she mention any Calgary landmarks in the background? I live in Calgary so shouldn't be too hard to see if any location shots are from here. As for attending college/university, we would have only a few possible schools. Do you have any idea what her major area of studys are? But even with all this snooping, it feels like more a gathering of information to prove what you already feel deep in your gut.

Its a terrible sensation when doubt boils inside - best of luck.

Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline CypherDragon

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2014, 04:26:44 am »
Robert - Thanks, I'll probably stick around here for awhile. I've always been fascinated by Asian culture and history, and having some folks to talk about it with sounds fun. Do I get a badge or anything for surviving the indoctrination process? ;D

Maxx - Yeah, I need a vacation anyway. Been too long since I've gotten away and decompressed for a bit...just need to learn at least some of the basics for getting around in China, and I'll probably start plotting a trip over that way. It is scary to just jump in to something new and unknown, but there are a lot of places and things in quite a few countries over that way that are on my bucket list to see and visit. I've already crossed off a few big ones (Athens, Kusadasi/Ephesus, Rome) a couple years ago...it's beyond time to get a few more stamps in my passport.

Rhonald - Yes, she mentioned that the 2nd pic I posted (of her by the water) were taken in Banff, AB. I have a few others from a museum, but she didn't say which one. She said she was attending Calgary University with a major of children's education (or something similar...can't remember exactly). If you were thinking about checking if she's actually enrolled there, her full name is Juan Wang...

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2014, 04:56:40 am »
t...just need to learn at least some of the basics for getting around in China, and I'll probably start plotting a trip over that way. It is scary to just jump in to something new and unknown, but there are a lot of places and things in quite a few countries over that way that are on my bucket list to see and visit. I've already crossed off a few big ones (Athens, Kusadasi/Ephesus, Rome) a couple years ago...it's beyond time to get a few more stamps in my passport.

I had never given China any thought until a few months before I arrived here. I had a return ticket which enabled me to leave China 6 weeks later. However by then I had already taken an apartment and only went back to UK to get the rest of the belongings I wanted in China. Have not looked back since then but then I am not in my 30's  I did my travelling  and been to 35 or more countries some more than once but the one I am in now is probably going to be my last.   

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline CypherDragon

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2014, 05:37:14 am »
Heh, I wish it could be that easy for me to uproot and move. Unfortunately, I have my son to think about too...and I know my ex wouldn't fly him to another country to visit regardless of what the courts say. I'm glad that you were able to find happiness there though, gives me hope that it can be done! :)

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2014, 08:30:34 am »
Willy, I like the new avatar pic you use now. You look more relaxed and casual, I guess not having to make a visa dash every so often has it's advantages. ;D

• Board Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2014, 09:22:04 am »
Willy, I like the new avatar pic you use now. You look more relaxed and casual, I guess not having to make a visa dash every so often has it's advantages. ;D
Thanks Robert - actually it was last years Christmas party at the factory a month before I got the Residence Permit. ;)

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2014, 08:10:06 pm »
Sorry to get in here late, but this has SCAM written all over it. Read this forum, and see how many past members have almost gone to China, only to have a serious illness in her family prevent her from meeting the guy. Either Chinese women have really bad luck with family illness when they date a westerner, or, it's a scam. Look around this site for yourself...you will see what I am talking about.

That river shot could be the Bow River in Banff...but it could by anywhere else too. Hard to say. Get away from chnlove. Run, and don't look back. Roberts site is a great way to go, and don't forget that there are other asian countries that have less of a language and cultural barrier. I say this, as I am sitting in the southern Philippines right now, with my wife.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2014, 09:57:58 pm »
I say this, as I am sitting in the southern Philippines right now, with my wife.
Say did I miss something somewhere?  ???   That is a nice looking lady in the picture but just who is that handsome guy?

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline ChinaBound

• guilin bound
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2014, 12:58:58 am »
 This has scam written all over it. This I think is the same agency Frank had all the bad dealings with. He finally met his lady by coming here also. Now they are happy in France together.

This agency if it is the same has a reputation for scamming members. 8 months is far to long to be still doing what your doing. Drop her and move on. But I would also BEWARE of some of the OTHER Asian countries also. They make China look like a cake walk in comparison to scams.

Offline ChinaBound

• guilin bound
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2014, 01:05:05 am »
 Oh by the way  Stephanie, Myself and little Christina are doing well. I could not be happier on how everything has turned out. Didn't think for a long time that this was for me based on everything that happened, but everything turned out for the better.

Offline CypherDragon

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2014, 03:41:58 am »
Yeah, already taken the advice and ran. I did send her one last EMF just in case, but haven't heard anything since, so pretty much count me as a sucker. Oh well, learned my lesson there...as they say, a fool and his money are soon parted, but I am usually not fooled twice.

Martin - very nice pic of you two, you make a good-looking couple. :D I'm not one to deal with absolutes mostly, so nothing says that I *have* to find a lady in China. I'll keep my options open until I find the right one, where ever she may be.

ChinaBound - Mind providing more info about the other countries that you mention? I never figured that China had a monopoly on scammers, but more info is better, right? :)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2014, 05:47:48 am »
Thailand and the Philippines are both known for scammers. Ladyboys, women asking for money, stuff like that. Don't send money to anyone, and you can't get scammed. A woman who is really looking for a future husband will not be asking for money. Instead, she will be asking when you can come.