Author Topic: Ebola comes to the USA!  (Read 1040 times)

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
Ebola comes to the USA!
« on: August 04, 2014, 07:02:12 pm »
Just when I thought my government had finally reached the bottom of the stupid pit, they prove me wrong again.

"ATLANTA -- Dr. Kent Brantly is said to be improving as doctors and nurses treat him for Ebola in an isolation unit at Emory University Hospital.
Samaritan's Purse, the aid organization Brantly was working in Liberia when he contracted the Ebola virus released a statement Sunday saying,
We praise God for the news that Kent's condition is improving. We can confirm that Kent was able to receive a dose of the experimental serum prior to leaving Liberia. Please continue to pray for Kent, the people of Liberia, and all those who are serving there in Jesus' Name.
There is no treatment for Ebola, only the symptoms.
Brantly's wife Amber released her own statement saying,
Our family is rejoicing over Kent's safe arrival, and we are confident that he is receiving the very best care. We are very grateful to the staff at Emory University Hospital, who have been so nice and welcoming to us. I was able to see Kent today. He is in good spirits. He thanked everyone for their prayers and asked for continued prayer for Nancy Writebol's safe return and full recovery.
Brantly and Writebol were working at the same hospital when both contracted the Ebola virus. Whitebol is due to be brought to Emory in 24 to 48 hours.
Just after noon on Saturday, 11Alive's helicopter showed Brantly, 33, walking slowly into Emory. The fact that he was able to walk on his own was surprising and encouraging for doctors who deal with infectious disease.
"I think it is absolutely remarkable. It bodes well for his progress. I was expecting him to be on life support or a stretcher or a gurney. To see him stand and walk is a good sign," said Dr. Mitchell Blass, Georgia Infectious Diseases."  http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/health/2014/08/04/ebola-patient-dr-kent-brantly-improving/13572903/

I thought removing AIDS from the list of diseases that bar immigration to the USA was really stupid, but I never expected them to start importing fatal infectious diseases straight from 3rd world countries. It is hard to believe that Africa does not have hospitals capable of treating his symptoms also instead of bringing the disease here. What makes it all the more worrying is the recent articles concerning failures in protocol at the some of the labs that deal with infectious diseases.   http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/16/health/cdc-anthrax-hearing/

Offline fivetrout

Re: Ebola comes to the USA!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 07:18:54 pm »
Maybe it's roots are with the New World Order's plan to depopulate the world? Just saying!

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 09:27:55 pm »
I thought that this dedicated Doctor was an American Citizen?

He was trying his best to do some good in the World.  Not for the big bucks that others in his profession charge for minor services in the USA but for next to nothing he was trying to make a difference.

The fear of Ebola was stirred up the same as was said about Aids but doctors like him was the reason that Aids is no longer the killer that it was twenty years ago.

Everyone was fearful of aids and Ebola is much the same in that it cannot be transferred from person to person other than by bodily fluids. 

By bringing him home to such a medical establishment there is going to give the world a far better opportunity to find a way to a cure than it ever could in the conditions that prevail in even the best hospitals in Africa.

The chances are 1 to 9 on that Ebola will kill him very soon, but for once I applaud the American Government, for taking him home.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 07:42:19 pm »
Sad to say, but there are several strains of Ebola. The most virulent of the strains...Ebola Mayinga has mutated to be transferrable by airborne droplets, much the same as 'flu.

If this beast ever gets out into the general population, then we will be just about de-popululated because it's kill rate is 99%

I personally think we should keep Ebola in all forms isolated where it began...we cant risk a general breakout on humanitarian grounds.

ps...As regards AIDS...there is NO cure, we have not yet found a cure for any virus based disease (with ONE exception....the herpes virus that causes the cold sore...and thats marginal anyway)
There is little likelyhood of any virus cure in the future as the activity pathway does not behave as a bacteria...ie a virus is effectively a dead chemical particle until it enters a living cell, so prior to infection...there is nothing to attack...it's already dead.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 11:35:45 am »

There is little likely-hood of any virus cure in the future as the activity pathway does not behave as a bacteria...ie a virus is effectively a dead chemical particle until it enters a living cell, so prior to infection...there is nothing to attack...it's already dead.

Adding to what you said David. There are many viruses that (although not really a cure) we have vaccines for them. Such as flu, small pox, shingles, chicken pox and more. All are either dead/inert virus or weakened strains of the virus in a host like chicken embryo. They trigger our immune system to remember them. In the case of Ebola they have not developed a version of the virus that is so weak that the vaccine will not kill you! lol. 
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE