Expats in Asia > Housing and Food in Asia

Our 2nd Home

<< < (2/6) > >>

Pineau:
It does look nice. I like the pool. It is clean ! Most of the pools in GZ turn green not long after they fill them. Sound like you found the good life. Inside living room looks  large. How big is your new place?

Willy The Londoner:

--- Quote from: Pineau on October 16, 2014, 10:55:08 am ---It does look nice. I like the pool. It is clean ! Most of the pools in GZ turn green not long after they fill them. Sound like you found the good life. Inside living room looks  large. How big is your new place?

--- End quote ---
Gerry - This one is 135 square metres which is about 1450 square feet.   It is twice the size of our original one.

Kenny - we are over 1250 Miles from Shenyang so our winters are mild. Very, very mild compared to up North.  Some winters I do not put any heating on and I still do not sit at home in my outdoor clothes! ;D

It looks as if it is going to be Christmas before it it finished, hopefully sooner.

Willy

Willy The Londoner:
Just on one months since we took over the keys for the new home.  As well as registering the purchase with the local council authorities,(and paying the tax to them) there were lots of other paperwork in that time.

It was our responsibility to ensure that the the electric, gas, telephone and water companies were contacted and contracts signed for them to arrange service to the place.   We have paid the deposit to the building company doing the interior work and go through and approved the plans we spent days compiling together.

The developer of the property has turned down our application to make a major change to the kitchen by knocking down a wall and doorway but the builders are preparing a new way of achieving the bigger kitchen

Yesterday we spent four hours there with the builder sorting where we wanted sockets for electric etc and where we wanted water to flow.  The builder marked out the places for each and the channels that will have to be cut into the concrete to take these services.

As for the work, there was a huge pile of sand that had appeared in the living area but maybe it will not be long before real work gets under way.

In the meantime I am beginning to wish that I had bought a place that was pre-lived in and already fitted out! :'(

Willy

PS. The railings protecting the windows in the living area are definately going.

Willy The Londoner:
Just to add to the woes my wife is now going through the menopause. 

Having read all about it then we could be in for a trying time over the next year or two although several symptoms are now well into being.

Its probably one of those things that men do not talk about. :-X   A bit like death I suppose. :'(

Willy

David E:

--- Quote from: Willy The Londoner on October 28, 2014, 08:52:40 pm ---Just to add to the woes my wife is now going through the menopause. 

Having read all about it then we could be in for a trying time over the next year or two although several symptoms are now well into being.

Its probably one of those things that men do not talk about. :-X   A bit like death I suppose. :'(

Willy

--- End quote ---

Haha Willy...you have my deepest sympathy...although I expect that particular monster to rear its ugly head sometime in the next couple of years.

From my past life, the Menopause experience is a bit like walking around all day holding a stick of dynamite with the fuse lit...you never can quite know when the bang will happen...but the bloody thing is stuck firmly to your hand and you cant let go  ;D ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version