Author Topic: Search Resumes for Missing Malaysian Airliner Flight 370  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
Search Resumes for Missing Malaysian Airliner Flight 370
« on: October 05, 2014, 09:51:23 pm »
SYDNEY –  The hunt for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 resumed Monday in a desolate stretch of the Indian Ocean, more than six months after the jet vanished.
The GO Phoenix, the first of three ships that will spend up to a year hunting for the wreckage far off Australia's west coast, is expected to spend 12 days hunting for the jet before heading to shore to refuel.
Crews will use sonar, video cameras and jet fuel sensors to scour the seabed for the Boeing 777, which vanished for reasons unknown on March 8 during a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 people on board.
The search has been on hold for four months so crews could map the seabed in the search zone, about 1,100 miles west of Australia. The 23,000-square mile search site lies along what is known as the "seventh arc" -- a stretch of ocean where investigators believe the aircraft ran out of fuel and crashed. Officials analyzed transmissions between the plane and a satellite to estimate where it entered the water.
Two other ships being provided by Dutch contractor Fugro are expected to join the Malaysian-contracted GO Phoenix later this month.
The ships will be dragging sonar devices called towfish through the water about 100 meters (330 feet) above the seabed to hunt for the wreckage. The towfish are also equipped with sensors that can detect the presence of jet fuel, and are expected to be able to cope with the dizzying depths of the search zone, which is 4 miles deep in places.
If anything of interest is spotted on the sonar, crews will attach a video camera to the towfish to film the seabed.
Australian Transport Safety Bureau Chief Commissioner Martin Dolan, whose agency is leading the search, has expressed cautious optimism that the plane will eventually be found.
"We're confident in the analysis and we're confident that the aircraft is close to the seventh arc," he said.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/10/05/underwater-search-for-malaysia-airlines-flight-370-resumes/?intcmp=latestnews

I certainly hope they locate the airplane this time because I know the family and friends have suffered a long time with not knowing what became of their loved ones. I think at this time the families are just looking for solid facts good or bad. In the end I do hope all the famlies will be able to realize some type of closure once this search is completed.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: Search Resumes for Missing Malaysian Airliner Flight 370
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 01:55:48 am »
Like many others I have my own theory about what happened with this flight.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 06:21:46 pm »
Sorry Willy....

You cant just post such a provocative statement without some more info !!!!!

What exactly is your theory about MH 370 ???

David  ;D ;D ;D

Offline JustJim

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 07:46:43 pm »
Like Willy says, I had my own theory at the beginning also.  I thought that the plan had been hijacked and flown to Pakistan.  And I thought that the mystery was part of the terrorism of the whole plot - only to be revealed in gruesome fashion at a later date.

However, I know think that they are finally looking in flight MH370's final resting place.  I think they have used all of their knowledge, even learning new techniques to pinpoint where the plane is.

And I think that if they ever do find out what happened that it is going to be some kind of traumatic malfunction that caused wide s[read system failures, and that the final arc of the course of the plane was the pilots last desperate act to set the plane on a return course.

Conspiracy theories are often wildly imaginative, and rarely hold up under logical scrutiny.  Lincoln, Kennedy, Landing on the moon, 9/11....  conspiracy theories exist about all of these events, and of course there are theories about MH370.

I think that these theories are simply humanity's attempts to bring order to something which seems so out of order.  I know that the theories themselves seem like they suggest that there is much disorder in the world, but it is my opinion that what is more disorderly  is to realize that at any moment the craziest thing can happen, and lives can be tragically lost.

The theories are an attempt to say that such tragic things can happen only through the coordinated effort of  many men.  It doesn't seem logical, but the conspiracy theorists are, in my opinion, simply trying to restore order to what they see as a world out of their control.

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 11:43:03 pm »
Sorry Willy....

You cant just post such a provocative statement without some more info !!!!!

What exactly is your theory about MH 370 ???

David  ;D ;D ;D
Maybe I have been watching too many Sci Fi  movies!  I think that there is something more sinister about this flight.  My initial suspicion was that they feared the plane had been hi jacked and it was shot down to avoid another 9/11.  If it was hijacked then I am sure that someone on board would have sent a cell phone message. If it was blown up then there surely would have been debris found by now or items from inside the plane.

I now think that this plane suffered massive decompression caused by either by an internal  or external force.  This force was not enough to cause the plane to break apart but it continued flying and finally landed on the water intact and slowly sank down and down. 

I think that more is known about this incident by various governments than they are saying. 

But then my conspiracy theories go back to the Mary Celeste!  Although that was just before my time. ;)

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 03:59:46 am »
A coupla issues to ponder ref. Mh 370......

An aircraft in deep trouble can be identified by the Captain/crew member pushing ONE button...Transponder code 7700

This alerts ATC that the plane is in an emergency condition and does not need any further input from the Crew.

If the plane sufferred a catastrophic failure at altitude there would have been no time to even do this simple act. But then there would be an implied mid-air break up with debris widely scattered (and visible)

If there was NO inflight catastrophe and NO inflight break-up, why was there no communication from the Crew ??

It is virtually impossible to land a jet liner in the Ocean without it breaking up on impact. It has only been done once..and that was on the calm Hudson River...not the Ocean.

The Boeing 777 has No history of failures...it is the safest plane in the air today.

My theory

It was destroyed by a bomb...and they are looking in the wrong place.

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 07:40:28 am »
I remember when Payne Stewart and the others in the private aircraft suffered from a severe inflight catastrophy and a military pilot could see all were dead inside the plane and it just flew on and on until it was out of fuel.

My initial theory was that the plane lost contact maybe for a similar reason and fearing it was high jacked it was shot down to prevent another 9/11 situation but were scared to admit it to China who had the most citizens on board.

Maybe the pilot made one effort to do what they are trained to do in such emergency that he tweaked the wrong button which sent the plane off course.

Probably we will never know. Unless they come up with an answer in 20 or 30 years then it will be me that will never know.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline CypherDragon

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 02:35:36 am »
There are really only a couple good theories that fit the facts that I've read/heard of:

1. A small bomb or hitting something in the air (couldn't imagine what though, especially at 30k feet) causing decompression and hypoxia...since hypoxia can cause confusion and disorientation among other things, that could be why the emergency transponder signal was never sent. One of the flight crew was disoriented and thought they hit the emergency button, but tweaked the autopilot instead. If it only affected the cockpit, then the passengers may not have noticed any problem for quite a long time.

2. The plane was hijacked by one of the pilots, and landed safely on some remote island somewhere outside communications range.

Either way we won't know for sure until either debris or the aircraft is found...

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 06:21:11 pm »
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 06:27:16 pm by Robertt S »

Offline shaun

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 07:14:16 pm »
Here is my theory.  If you look behind the 250,000 new caskets that Obama put on a farm in Madison, Georgia you will find the airplane from Flight 370. The people are not being trained as IRS collection agents but if they do real good then they become a member of ISIS.