Author Topic: Total Darkness?  (Read 1364 times)

Offline shaun

Total Darkness?
« on: November 07, 2014, 09:22:43 pm »
I just read that the whole world will be plunged into total darkness for 6 days in December.

Here is my concern;  I'm wondering if I can stow away on a jet liner unnoticed to China since it will be dark.  The only real issue I see is how to make my way back to the US in darkness after a couple of months in China?

http://dailybuzzlive.com/alert-nasa-confirms-earth-will-go-dark-6-days-december-2014/#sthash.OvRRMfVB.GAEMVQEH.gbpl

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline maxx

Re: Total Darkness?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 05:10:25 pm »
I wonder how true this is? I'm thinking along the lines of y2k the end of days. that kind of thing. I think somebody has pushed the panic button.

If it true, Watch out for the riots and the looters.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 07:57:48 pm »
Thanks for the warning Shaun but it was a bit late for me! :'(

We have already booked a 7 day sunshine holiday for that week. 8)   So it looks like a week under the duvet then. ;D

Y2K Maxx, that was only 14 years ago! But going back a bit further I can remember when my colleagues were saying that having electricity in everyones home was going to fry their brains. But it never happened as we soon had other things to think of with the start of  WW1. ;)

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline maxx

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 12:36:42 am »
Shaun sorry buddy.  I did some research on this. it is a old Internet hoax from 2012.That was supposed to be the end of the world according to the old Mayan calendar. So somebody just rehashed this crap. For some reason.

Willy I remember  it was a shocking experience for the limey's. :P they were afraid it was going to set there tinfoil hats on fire ;D

Willy I just heard a cop in jolly old England just shot a little girl with his gun. She was on a field trip with her class to a police station when the Limey cop pulled his gun to show the class, when the weapon discharged striking the little girl in the mouth. The good thing was that the cop was a trained and certified firearms expert. You know of course that if the weapon would of discharged. A couple of more times and a couple of more kids would of ben hit. The U.S would of recruited this guy.  To work for the FBI CIA or the ABQ police department. Because the ABQ police department likes to shoot people. This guy would of fit right in.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 12:57:33 am »
guys, the daily buzz live is one of the biggest news satire org on the internet. 

They make this shit up all the time. Lok at some of their other outrageous stories.

Man To Be Eaten Alive On National Television?!?
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

• Board Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 03:01:04 am »
guys, the daily buzz live is one of the biggest news satire org on the internet. 

They make this shit up all the time. Lok at some of their other outrageous stories.

Man To Be Eaten Alive On National Television?!?

I thought everyone realised this! Hence the reason for my satirical reply concerning WW1 ;D ;D ;D

It is almost as funny as the UK Government saying they have done a good job in recent years.  ;)

Willy

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 03:10:47 am »

Willy I just heard a cop in jolly old England just shot a little girl with his gun. She was on a field trip with her class to a police station when the Limey cop pulled his gun to show the class, when the weapon discharged striking the little girl in the mouth. The good thing was that the cop was a trained and certified firearms expert. You know of course that if the weapon would of discharged. A couple of more times and a couple of more kids would of ben hit. The U.S would of recruited this guy.  To work for the FBI CIA or the ABQ police department. Because the ABQ police department likes to shoot people. This guy would of fit right in.

Not quite as bad as it sounded Maxx.  The cop fired a blank into the ground as a demo and the ejected cartridge flew out of the gun and caused a bruise to her lip.  Still it has not prevented him being removed from firearm duties at present.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 09:31:51 am »
Great! This is a perfect excuse to stay home and play catchup with my wife. ;)   I wonder if there will be a notable increase in birthrates around the world about 9-10 months in the future?  ::)    Of course I doubt this will happen but does make interesting reading while waiting in the checkout line at the supermarkets. :)

Offline maxx

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 10:57:54 am »
Gerry they convinced some wack job to put on a special suite. and let this big snake from south America eat him they have ben advertising this on TLC for a week now.

Willy Lol talk about manipulation by the media. The story I read said it was a live round and that the round ricoched off of the floor after the officer  discharged the weapon. hitting the girl in the mouth. after it bounced around the room.

Offline shaun

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 04:57:36 am »
A HOAX?   Gee, I'd better cancel my time off request at work.  :(

You mean you can't always trust what you read on the internet?   I know you can't trust what you hear on television or from a politicians mouth but the internet?  I thought Al Gore invented it.

Oops...  Sorry...   I'm getting political again.  :-[ :P