Author Topic: Everyone wants more  (Read 767 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Everyone wants more
« on: November 18, 2014, 09:19:21 pm »
In the five years that I have been living here I have seen a notable increase in the living standards of those around me.

1,500,000 new cars go on the road in China every month. More and more homes are built and bought with the larger percentage of these being paid for in cash, aided by family savings, with no bank loan or mortgage. Where I was once on the edge of the City I am now moving further and further away from it!

In this same five years I have seen fewer and fewer kids carried around on the backs of mothers and grandmothers and more and more kids sitting in pushchairs (strollers). New restaurants are opening, in fact opposite our new apartment there is an are which has 20 new restaurant's with huge parking lot and they are packed every night.  In a few short years more than 300 million Chinese now buy products online.

That shows just how fast the country is moving towards becoming the the No1 economy in the World. This has all been achieved in a little over 30 years. I just wished that I had another 30 years left so I could see just what the next 30 years will bring. :'(

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,