Author Topic: Hong Kong  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Hong Kong
« on: November 30, 2014, 08:31:13 pm »
Stay safe in your trip via Hong Kong Rhonald.

I am watching the live pictures from there now where hundreds of police are moving in on the protesters who have blocked off part of Hong Kong Central for past two months.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
Re: Hong Kong
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 07:48:56 pm »
In shenzhen now and noticed A subdued quiet during my trip to the border Monday night. Should be your neck of the woods this coming Monday for two nights. I hope to survive the hells angel initiation rituals
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 12:39:17 am »
In shenzhen now and noticed A subdued quiet during my trip to the border Monday night. Should be your neck of the woods this coming Monday for two nights. I hope to survive the hells angel initiation rituals
Things are quieting down a bit in Hong Kong now.

If you want to ride my trike I need to see some tattoo's and a cut off demin jacket.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 04:33:36 am »
We picked up Rhonald and his wife yesterday and my wife never let me down with her driving skills!!! :-[

The first thing she did was to turn out of forecourt and then immediately was turning left against the flow of traffic in a one way street.  Having missed the oncoming buses and ignoring my shouting we eventually set off in the correct direction.

We then swiftly came to a crossroads controlled by traffic lights where we needed to turn right. A couple of vehicles were waiting at the red light. But true to Chinese driving 'rules' she immediately turn right and drove across the sidewalk, across a patch of scrubland and the across the other sidewalk and then carried on ahead of the vehicles that had been more patience at the lights.

At the next cross road she stopped in the left turn only lane, the lights changed to green and she went straight ahead causing the bus and vehicles behind to brake sharply as she moved over and took their place in their lane.

At that point I closed my eyes for the rest of the short journey and hope that either Rhonald or Cindy would not jump out of the car whilst travelling along.

I will say this that despite my shouting and ranting she has not actually hit anything or more importantly anyone for a full year now but my hair is certainly getting greyer every journey. :'(

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 05:26:12 am »
It was a good visit with you Willy, and yes your wife has some skills in driving you crazy. Hopefully her good fortune continues to steer clear.

For me, I am tied to my hotel room suffering from back spasms, so my wife has had to venture forth on her own. Luckily she can speak the language. For me its been watching HBO movies and trying to read the box on the Chinese medicine.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 08:04:17 pm »
It was a good visit with you Willy, and yes your wife has some skills in driving you crazy. Hopefully her good fortune continues to steer clear.

For me, I am tied to my hotel room suffering from back spasms, so my wife has had to venture forth on her own. Luckily she can speak the language. For me its been watching HBO movies and trying to read the box on the Chinese medicine.

We had a good time meeting up again. Sorry to hear about the back. I hope that it as not caused by your initiation into the Zhongshan Chapter of the Hells Angels.  Pity that your wife would not let you cut the arms off her demin jacket though.  Still the pics look good. 8)

But I admire Cindy's ride more than yours. At least her spontaneous drive off-road up amongst the rocks was very courageous for an initial ride.  ;D

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner