General Discussion and Useful Links > Newbies Corner

Waiting time

(1/10) > >>

Gus:
Has anyone here, gotten married and then had to wait months and months for the I-130 (USA) period? What did you all do in the mean time? How many times did you travel to visit your bride in China? Did you meet somewhere halfway (if your wife has a passport and visa)? Lihong and I Wechat twice a day, but it is not the same. I know we have to wait for the slow government to take it's sweet time, but oh.... I am so anxious to be with Lihong. Do you experienced people have any suggestions that are better than Wechat? It is difficult to take time & finances to go visit every month or so, and even then it just feels rushed, and is a strain to have to meet in a MAJOR Chinese area, because the travel time is quicker? Maybe I'm just a cry baby, and impatient, or looking for good advice from my fellow China Romancers about your experiences, waits, and anything else you can shed light on. I love reading the insightful replies, the humor, and knowing some of what I may have to be on the look out for, or watch my step with.

as always, thanks in advance and be well.

Gus

Mark:
Pretend you've known each other for 7 years and go about your current daily lives. The time will pass quickly.

Mark

Gus:
I think I did something wrong on your post Mark... Sorry 'bout that.

Gus:
OK, another wait question:  Just read this on USCIS...
K-3/K-4 Nonimmigrant Visas

If you are a U.S. citizen and you filed a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative for your foreign spouse who is abroad, you can also file a Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). This is the first step for your spouse and his or her children to obtain a visa to come to the United States while you wait for USCIS to make a decision on the Form I-130. Historically, you and your family members might have been separated for some time while waiting for a decision on your Form I-130. Congress sought to resolve this problem by creating K-3 and K-4 nonimmigrant visas to shorten the time your family would need to spend apart. However, because USCIS now takes less time to adjudicate the Form I-130, the current need for K-3 and K-4 visas is rare.

My Form I-130 has been accepted, but the YSC service Center is still only processing applications received in April 2017. Mine did not get accepted until Oct 2017. Does this apply to me, so that Lihong may get to the USA sooner, while waiting for the I-130 to be processed? This is so confusing, and time consuming.

HELP, lol.

Robertt S:
Gus, just be patient! Currently the IR/CR1 visas currently have a total processing time of 13 months versus 16 months for the K-3. The IR/CR1 visa is cheaper and has more benefits including the ability to work and travel abroad without filing additional forms. Once you get your NOA2 from USCIS and NVC receives your case you can switch over to electronic processing which is way faster than traditional processing. Here is the current processing times for YSC as of today.

Regards, Robert

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version