Author Topic: Waiting time  (Read 33954 times)

Offline Gus

Re: Waiting time
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2019, 12:47:38 pm »
The official Green Card has FINALLY arrived. Yay!!! 7.5 months from entry/payment to delivery!!!! Wow.

Offline Gus

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2019, 12:32:30 pm »
Okay guys,

Why did no one tell me that 07 August is Chinese Valentines Day? More flowers to buy for Lihong ... LOL. Hope all is well with everyone here. Just FYI it is 25 August 2020 for next year, if anyone else is in the dog house with me. ;)

Gus

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
  • the less traveled road has made all the difference
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2019, 04:50:22 am »

Gus,
this site is asleep.. so, your patience is respected.

put it this way. think every month, there is a Chinese holiday of some sorts.
then again, each Chinese holiday is based on "moon time"... as you are aware
of China's 'floating' Valentine's Day (& do not forget 14Feb.. that Western holiday
also must be observed).
I am in China for a bunch of days now. the Mid- Autumn Festival began on the 13th this year.
Think Moon Cakes! Family! Eating!
Again, every year the Mid- Autumn holiday is a different date.
I think we get a date reprieve on 1Oct, China's National Day. That kicks off the "National Day
Golden Week holiday" the following week.

be advised, Christmas comes into play too.. Chinese do like our celebrations that have a lot of
festivities with lighting displays, & gift giving... remember the tradition of giving Red Envelopes?
Money is what lights up the Chinese psyche.

China has lots & lots of holidays as you must be now aware & as an added bonus they have adopted
a lot of Western holidays and traditions too.

all this is meant to confuse alot of American husbands who live on the eastern seasboard
of the U.S.  ???

so, every year you must be observant, celebrate & pay.
or make it easy.. give your wife your debit card. :'(

Offline Gus

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2019, 07:27:33 pm »
LOL... the debit card!
Yes, I am trying to stay ahead of the curve on the holidays. For me, it is wonderfully fascinating to know so much more of the wonderful Chinese traditions and culture. Lihong and I are teaching each other each day. Thanks for the heads up and reply John, I appreciate it. So far Lihong does not LIKE most US holidays, except for every holiday the husband must give a gift, or red envelope, but she says the holidays are too short, and we don't get enough time off for holidays.  Have a wonderful safe journey.