Author Topic: Here we go, the melding of families  (Read 2701 times)

Offline quikcad

Here we go, the melding of families
« on: June 11, 2009, 07:08:14 pm »
Well it's finally here. My daughter and I will be leaving from Kansas City on Monday at about 9:30. Stop in Detroit for a few hours then a flight to Shanghai. Check through customs then get on our final leg to Shenzhen.

Not looking forward to the long flight, but hey I'll put up with anything to meet Wei. It's going to be quite the trip. Staying with Wei for two weeks at her place with her and her 11 yr old daughter Yixin. I'm going to be outnumbered three to one. What am I thinking!:icon_biggrin:

Really hoping the girls get along well. And more importantly how I and Yixin get along. I don't have a blog and I don't know how my access to the net is going to be. I'm going to be keeping a journal and I'll try and do some postings when I can. Wish us luck!

Kevin

Martin

RE: Here we go, the melding of families
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 08:14:09 pm »
Have a fantastic trip Kevin.  You are going to be blown away over there.  Keep us posted when you can.  The brotherhood will be thinking about you.

Offline China Shark

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 09:37:22 pm »
Kevin when you get to Shenzhen look me up and I can show you your daughter and you girl around. Private message me if you want to hang out. School is out in a week so should have a lot of free time in the mornings and afternoons.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline China Shark

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 09:59:17 pm »
That is honorable Mike and I think you would be the best man for the job. Chines men wonder why Chinese women despise them, go figure.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline quikcad

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 10:07:32 pm »
It's got to be more than coincedence. Yixin's father treats her in exactly the same way. Has stated that he wants no contact with her at all. Can't understand the men there. She's had no father figure at all in her life. I'm hoping once she can see me and my daughter and how we treat each other she may be more open to the idea of all of us becoming a family.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 10:22:39 pm »
While I was in the early stages of writing my wife through Chnlove, I sent her a picture taken of me and my son. This picture was taken in 1996 when I use to do shift work. I was lying on our sofa and was craddling my crying baby son on my chest. He soon stopped crying and I being tired fell asleep. My ex-wife took the picture so I guess I can thank her for this one blessing, because this picture made my wife fall in love with me. So for us Westerners, the Chinese men sure do not provide much competition. I have read others' stories of sending flowers that these woman have never experienced. So maybe the hen picking that the Western girls terrorise us with, gives us the ability to win our asian girls hearts.:heart:
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 03:07:15 am »
Have a wonderful trip and most importantly relax and enjoy yourself ^_^ The trip is not that bad, especially if you can sleep during the flight.  Both directions I went to sleep and woke up in a different country hehe.
Can't fix stupid.

Offline Peter

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 10:15:51 am »
Have a nice trip Kevin.. You will never regret it..
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Agarn

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 11:37:49 am »
Quikcad

No this is not a coincidence, i have heard of this also, it seems to be quite common for daughters to be treated like this, very sad!

But there are good men there, a lady im talking to has 5 sisters, father stayed and provided for them, cant imagine living in a house with 6 girls going through puberty, it got to age you!

Offline quikcad

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 08:34:54 pm »
Well, we're finally back. Didn't work out. Wei was too different than when we talked. Saw too many personality differences while we were there in person. Sorry Shenzhen guys but we had a terrible time while there. Could have been where we were in the city or even a little of the company, but had to get an out to get out of there. Had our friends we went over there with to call and say they needed help in Shanghai with a family move. They were moving, they just didn't need the help until the end of the week. We spent 4 days in Shanghai and 2 in Xuzhou visiting my friend's wifes family. Had a good time during that week at least. Think I'm going to take a long break from this. Take care of my girl as a priority. Take care guys, going to get some rest now.
Kevin

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 10:56:28 pm »
Sorry to hear about your results with Wei. Just too many trips lately ending with dissapointments. I am happy you enjoyed the last part of your trip. I hope your daughter had a good time. Take care.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances