Author Topic: Living in a new world  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Samurai_Honor

Living in a new world
« on: June 11, 2009, 11:50:47 pm »
Hello everyone, My name is David and I am 22. I am really glad there is a site like this because it gives reassurance to our pursuit of love. I joined Chnlove because Im fed up with American women, for the record yes....I do have something against them lol. Im just tired of how commercial America has become and how some women are about "what can you do for me" before they even get to know you. NE way...  I’m currently located in Virginia and I am in the US military. I am talking to a girl right now on Chnlove (where else right? Haha) and I was in the "getting to know her" stage. While finding out different info and throwing some at her I asked if she could see herself living in the US. Now!....by no means am I trying to NOT be considerate of her life in China, I’m just trying to be real with my situation. When she replied she told me yes she could but we could live in China also. Now like I said...with the job I have I could not possibly live in China......Impossible. My question is should I discontinue my relationship with her and keep searching for a girl that is willing to start a new life with me in the US? Do you think I should have stop talking to that girl because of that?. It’s kind of like starting over for them in a sense. Because not knowing English fluently will hinder any kind of career they could have in the US. This probably sounds like a dumb question but it kind of hard to word my thoughts.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 11:52:45 pm by Samurai_Honor »

Offline China Shark

RE: Living in a new world
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 12:57:15 am »
I would not be concerned about this for the simple fact is that I would imagine 90% or more pretty much know they will go to thier husband's native country eventually. Give the girl some slack and gradually broach this subject and give her space with this. It is a major undertaking for her to leave all her family and friends. The English fluency should not be an issue because she will pick it up quite quickly once she spends time with a westerner.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 03:42:58 am »
Chinese girls are clever with Engish, as long as she's willing to move to the US you have no problems.
Can't fix stupid.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 06:06:38 am »
I think you should stop worring about this at this time, let nature take it's course for now, you can always brouch this subject again, it also sounds like she is willing and knows she will most likely live with her Lao Gong  in his country.
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Danny

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 06:18:38 am »
I agree about setting this aside. I once had a woman ask me after a couple of letters whether I was prepared to come and live with her and I answered as follows:

I think that the question of relocating is too far down the track for me at this stage. I don’t think that you will find anyone of any worth who would be willing to set aside their career, family and friends for a stranger. Think about it seriously. If I said that I was willing to relocate for someone who until a few weeks ago was a stranger to me, what would it say about my relationships to my work, colleagues, family and friends, and what would it say about me? Surely it would say that these things are worth very little to me, that I’m not someone you can rely and depend on, that I offer things that I am not really willing to give. My word is my bond. If I say something, I do it. If I tell you one day that I love you and I’m prepared to relocate for you, then you can believe it. But at this point in time, my dear, I'm not able to give you this commitment.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 06:22:02 am by Danny »

Offline Peter

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 10:08:18 am »
Danny
I think she got it right on the spot...
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Agarn

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 10:59:56 am »
Danny

What did she reply?????

Offline maxx

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 07:45:44 pm »
Mike and Danny I think you both got it right.Good Job Good posts.

Danny I also want to know what the women said.

Arnold

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 12:34:01 am »
Right Maxx , Mike and Danny could have not said it any better .
 The Lady reply'd ... you not come live at Me ... I will find other Man me .:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Joshua Smith

• Eastern Scorpion
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 09:26:48 pm »
lol Arnold

Yeah, I'd like to read how the lady replied as well. Please add it if it's not invading her privacy. Thanks.
"I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am."   ~ Homer Simpson ~
"Everything is something."   ~ Marge Simpson ~