Author Topic: renew passport but my chinese visa wasn't it....  (Read 7615 times)

Offline LP

• Kinder fun doing something someone say impossible
renew passport but my chinese visa wasn't it....
« on: December 29, 2019, 09:34:54 pm »
Have anyone everyone renew their passport and Chinese visa was not in it when you  got it back? I have a ten year visa, it wasn't exposed t o expire until 2025.... :-[ :-[ :-[
A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than money. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
Re: renew passport but my chinese visa wasn't it....
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 05:17:29 pm »
Carry your old passport with 10 year visa with you also. The visa is not transferred to a new passport.

Regards

The Chinese government has announced that they will allow U.S. citizens to carry their old expired or canceled passport with a valid Chinese visa along with their new valid passport as long as the vital personal data remains the same between the two passports. When renewing a U.S. passport your passport number, date of issue, and date of expiration do change whereas your name, sex, and date of birth would typically remain the same.  If any changes have been made to your personal data for any reason, e.g., change of name due to marriage, you will not be able to use the valid visa in the cancelled or expired passport rather you must reapply for a new Chinese visa in the currently valid passport and Traveldocs can assist you in this process.   Carrying two passports while you travel is not for you...?  You can also apply for a new visa to be issued and stamped into your new valid passport; however, the Chinese Government does not transfer the valid visa from the old passport to the new so you would receive a completely new visa. The old passport and visa must also be presented at the  time of application so the original visa can be officially canceled.
https://www.traveldocs.com/blog/Valid-10-Year-Chinese-Visa-in-Expired-U.S.-Passport-blogpost91
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 05:23:41 pm by Robertt S »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 11:10:13 pm »
I renewed my Passport with the British Embassy in China by courier.  Of course my current Residents Permit was not shown in it.

They also returned my expired one with the permit in it.

Since then my Residents Permit had to be renewed and that was carried out with no problem by my wife and I did no even have to attend the PSB for that to happen.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline LP

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 07:38:30 pm »
Thank guys! I hadn't been on this website for a long time but I knew someone here would have the answer I needed. By the way  Dec, 2018. Sent petition to USCIS but they sent it back saying that one of the form is out dated. They cashed the Money order
March 20 2019. Received receipt confirmation letter from USCIS.(I-797 notice of action)
March 20, 2020 Your Case Status: Initial Review Approval ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    She is worth far more than money. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.

Offline LP

Marriage Certificate
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 09:02:44 pm »
Ha!Robert is the marriage certificate the same as the red cheese book?

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 03:43:03 am »
If you are already married I am assuming this is what you need. If you are planning to get married then you need something else called an affidavit of marriageability.

Marriage Available
Fees: Varies. Normally RMB 200 - 300  (Notarization Fee: RMB 80 + Translation Fee: Non-standard)
Document Name: Notarial certificate (Gong Zheng Shu)
Issuing Authority: Local Notary Public Office (Gong Zheng Chu)
Special Seal(s) / Color / Format:

• There are two types of notarial marriage certificates: Notarial Certificate for Marriage and Notarial Marriage Certificate. Both are acceptable.
    • Notarial Certificate for Marriage: Certifies the authenticity and legality of the marriage. It indicates the couple’s names, and the date and place of marriage
    • Notarial Marriage Certificate: Certifies the authenticity of the original marriage certificate, and that the photocopy of the marriage certificate is in accordance with the original.

• A notarial marriage certificate normally contains a watermark, seal, and red stamp; except for the copies of the original marriage certificate. All notarial documents must have an English translation, and be attached to a certificate stating that the English translation is in conformity with the Chinese original.
Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Notary Public (Gong Zheng Yuan)
Registration Criteria:

• A National ID card and household registration (Hu Kou Bu).  If the applicant lives abroad, a copy of his or her passport is also required.
  • If the applicant is a foreign passport holder, or a Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau resident; the passport or the mainland travel permit is required.
  • Original marriage certificate.
  • Photographs - at least two.
  • A signed affidavit or authorization certificate from the applicant if someone other than the applicant applies for the certificate on his or her behalf. The authorized person also needs to provide his/her national ID card.
  • Other documents requested by the Notary Public (Gong Zheng Yuan).
  Procedure for Obtaining:

• Complete an application and submit all relevant documents to the Notary Public Office (Gong Zheng Chu).
  • The Notary Public then examines the documents.  If the application is accepted, the applicant pays all related notary fees.
  • Once the review of the submitted documents is completed, the notarial marriage certificate is issued.
Certified Copies Available: Certified Copies are not available.
Alternate Documents: There are no alternate documents.
Exceptions: None
 Comments: Applicants should check the website or contact their local Notary Public Office to obtain specific information regarding required fees and supporting documents. Same-sex marriage is not recognized in China.
If it is the affidavit of marriageability or single status that is obtained either at the embassy/consulate for her area or at the Chinese Consulate in the states, I got my affidavit of marriageability from the Chinese Consulate in New York.

As of April 1, 2019, two foreigners are not allowed to register their marriage at Civil Affairs offices in China (marriages between a foreigner and Chinese national are still permitted.)  This means that two foreigners can no longer obtain a Chinese marriage certificate.  This new regulation was published on March 29, 2019, and went into effect nationwide as of today.  The details of this announcement can be found here: http://www.mca.gov.cn/article/xw/tzgg/201903/20190300016006.shtml (in Chinese only)  or you can call the Civil Affairs hotline at 962200.
U.S. citizens contemplating marriage to a Chinese citizen in China should review the following information. This information is given for general background reference only.  You or your fiancée should check with local authorities for any changes that might have been made. Marriages in China are registered according to the laws of China.  U.S. diplomatic and consular officers do not have the authority to perform marriages and are not required to witness the marriages of U.S. citizens that take place overseas. Under the U.S. Constitution, the administration of civil affairs is one of the powers reserved for states.  Thus, as federal government employees, U.S. consular officers are prohibited from usurping this state role.
Marriages in China are administered by the marriage registration office of the local civil affairs bureau, (民政局Min Zheng Ju) in each jurisdiction.  People planning to marry should visit or call one of these offices for specific information. The appropriate civil affairs office will be the one in the jurisdiction in which the Chinese citizen is registered (the location of their 户口hukou).
While the minimum age for marriage is generally 20 for women and 22 for men, some civil affairs offices may have a higher minimum age.  Both parties must establish that they are single and free to marry.  If you have been previously married, you will be asked to submit original or certified copies of your final divorce or annulment decrees, or of death certificates, if widowed.  Note that at least one party of a marriage must be a Chinese citizen. The U.S. citizen will usually be asked by the local authorities to submit the following documentation in order to be married:

• A valid passport with a valid Chinese visa
  • An “affidavit of marriageability.” You can get this document  at the Embassy or Consulate by swearing or affirming before a Consul that you are legally free to marry. You must make an appointment for a notarial service to get this affidavit, and there is a $50 charge. If either party was previously married, bring a clear photocopy of either the divorce or annulment decree or the death certificate which shows how the marriage ended. If you present an original certified copy with the copy for their review, the Chinese authorities will usually accept the copy.  Hold on to your original documents, since they may be required if you later wish to file an immigrant visa petition for your spouse. Note: In order to complete your affidavit of marriageability correctly, you are highly recommended to bring a photocopy of your Chinese fiancé’s ID card (Shen Fen Zheng 身份证).”
  • Three photos of the couple, taken together
  • Registration fee
Questions regarding what documents the Chinese partner must submit should be directed to the local marriage registration office (Hun Yin Deng Ji Chu 婚姻登记处).
Marriage certificates are usually issued on the same day the registration takes place.  Marriages that are legal in the jurisdiction in which they were performed are legal in the United States.  It is not necessary to register your marriage at the Embassy, Consulate, or in the United States, nor do you need to re-marry in the United States

Regards, Robertt