Author Topic: Birthday presents - what will she love!  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
Birthday presents - what will she love!
« on: June 14, 2009, 08:35:43 pm »
i'm not sure if this should be here or not but here goes...

My ladies birthday is coming up in July. Its the first birthday in our relationship and I'm not sure what to get her. She loved the roses i got her a few weeks ago, and for her birthday I'll order her some more, but i'd like to send something a little more special.
Anyone have any birthday recommendations?, I'm totally rubbish at buying presents for ladies so am hoping a few of our members here can share some of their better ideas and I'll claim them as my own!!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
RE: Birthday presents - what will she love!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 08:54:02 pm »
Heh, i read that too about pearls, I know jade isnt good either as apparently only "old people" like it.
I'd like to get her something apart from the flowers that lasts a bit longer, Arnold you Lothario, you have any ideas?
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Arnold

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 09:28:49 pm »
Yes , leave it up to me ! First , I need to know .. if you sending it via the Post Office ( if there is enough time ) or through Chnlove ?

Do not send Jewelry through the Mail !!! First , it might not get there and second , I like to look into her Eyes when handing her something that Personal .

Through Chnlove the Cake's were a big hit with me . Think since you are going in August , tell her ..  her real birthday gift will come with me and she'll receive it then . Let her guess in the meanwhile what it could be . Hehe  Then , of course it could be any Jewelry you want to give .

Hope this help's some ?

Chet Sams

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 03:32:53 am »
Well since my ladies birthday is just 13 days away. I will be doing the 8 days of roses and flowers. I am not sure if the other gift will arrive in time though. But it will be a surprise entirely. I went and bought a new computer for her. So that way she does not have to take up too much time on her brothers computer and friends computer to talk with me. So she has her own quality time for us both and does not become restrained by using someone elses computer. I think i will hit a homerun with it.

Offline hellerjk

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 12:02:22 am »
I need some help guys.  The lady I am interested in (we have connected) casually mentioned that her electric fan had broken. The subject was raised very innocently.  He had bad sleep last night because it was hot & her fan had broken.

I want to send her a new fan, but has in general indicated she does not want to be a bother when it comes to gifts. This was discussed in an entirely seperate email.

How do I broach this?  I was thinking about sending a letter to the agency (for their eyes only) asking for guidance, but wanted to check with you.

Seperately we have discussed musical interests. I have downloaded some of her favorite songs (which moved her) and I am sending her some of my musical tastes (which are similar).  I said the goal is to help us connect deeper as music plays a large part in our lifes.  Very light protest on me sending this.

So... about the fan.  Advice?

Arnold

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 01:36:45 am »
Hellerjk , don't send her a Fan just yet , and don't send Money either . If she brings it up again , and hasn't bought one already , then go and send her one anyway . Maybe tell her .. if it's close to her B-day , make it an early Gift , with some Flower's and a nice message attached . Be careful if item's get bigger that keep breaking down . :-/

Offline hellerjk

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 08:52:46 am »
Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='5839' dateline='1245217005'

Hellerjk , don't send her a Fan just yet , and don't send Money either . If she brings it up again , and hasn't bought one already , then go and send her one anyway . Maybe tell her .. if it's close to her B-day , make it an early Gift , with some Flower's and a nice message attached . Be careful if item's get bigger that keep breaking down . :-/

Thanks.  You confirmed my instincts. For what it is worth, it was innocently mentioned by her 3 letters ago and never raised again.  She never asks for anything.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 08:52:50 am »
I will be in China at Christmas and what suprised me is that December 25th and December 26th is a public holiday in China.   Do they celebrate Christmas or is that just for the few Christians there.  Do I buy my lady, soon to be my wife, presents as I would in UK or save them for her birthday.
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Arnold

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 09:08:43 am »
Willy , my Wife's from Shanghai and there it is getting more and more Popular , in Public more so than in People's homes . They celebrate two X-mas day's like many European Country's . So we did exchange X-mas Gift's the two year's I have known her .

Vince G

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 09:50:11 am »
Heller, A fan is a nice gesture. Unless your ordering online in china? Sending one? There is an electrical difference. She can't be that low of an income that she couldn't buy one herself cheaper there? How about a photo frame with your pic in it? or some other gift she would use and see everyday? Or even some US logo Tee shirts?

Offline hellerjk

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 09:43:05 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='5857' dateline='1245246611'

Heller, A fan is a nice gesture. Unless your ordering online in china? Sending one? There is an electrical difference. She can't be that low of an income that she couldn't buy one herself cheaper there? How about a photo frame with your pic in it? or some other gift she would use and see everyday? Or even some US logo Tee shirts?

Thanks Vince.  I asked if she was able to replace her broken fan as I was concerned for her & she said "Dear, yes, I get a new fan, I went to bought the new one with my colleagues after my off duty yesterday, it is very cheap just 38RMB, because we bought 3 fans at the same time so the seller was given us some discount."

I am going to send her a few music CDs and send them with a nice designer bag (something fun).

Vince G

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 09:51:21 am »
38 RMB? That's like $5.00? Tell her to buy a truckload I'll sell them here? :icon_biggrin:

Offline Norb Smith

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 11:09:18 am »
LOL.........Vince if she buys a truck load she may even get a better price and you can make a killing..........LOL
To have good neighbors, you need to be a good neighbor

Arnold

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 11:52:22 pm »
Why bother shipping all those Fans to America , I buy them by the Truckload , change the sticker " Made in China " to made in " U.S.A. and sell them there for three times as much . They feel we make better things , so a win win situation .:idea:

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 09:47:25 am »
People are stealing my plans of dominating walmart............
Can't fix stupid.