Author Topic: Cupid notes; no response..?  (Read 2908 times)

Offline Danax

Cupid notes; no response..?
« on: June 16, 2009, 04:21:27 pm »
Hi everybody,
I've had my profile hidden on ChnLve as I don't want a deluge of admirer letters. One woman's profile kept drawing me back and I finally sent her a Cupid Note. 3.5 days and no response....no biggie although she was the only one that interested me enough to make contact, but isn't a Cupid Note supposed to be responded to sooner than this, one way or another, if by no one else but the agency? The other question is am I right to understand that my profile will be visible to her once I've sent a Cupid Note despite its hidden status?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 04:22:58 pm by Danax »

Offline Joshua Smith

• Eastern Scorpion
RE: Cupid notes; no response..?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 05:38:00 pm »
Oh....hmmmm, yeah....I think you'll need one of the more experienced members to answer this one. I have no clue. Sorry I was no help. :-/
"I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am."   ~ Homer Simpson ~
"Everything is something."   ~ Marge Simpson ~

Offline Chong

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 06:04:35 pm »
Danax,

One cupid note response took 5 days to finally reply back to me ... and "yes", your profile will be visiible to her so she can read your profile details.

I too have also kept my profile 'hidden' always.

Out of curiousity, what are the first 3 numbers of that agency ?

Chong

Offline Danax

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 06:13:14 pm »
Quote from: 'Chong' pid='5796' dateline='1245189875'

Danax,

One cupid note response took 5 days to finally reply back to me ... and "yes", your profile will be visiible to her so she can read your profile details.

I too have also kept my profile 'hidden' always.

Out of curiousity, what are the first 3 numbers of that agency ?

Chong

Thanks for the quick reply, Chong. The agency # is 218, in Changsha. So now I'm thinking that a long time to respond might be more of a positive than a negative, as a "not interested" one would seem to be more likely sent quickly.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 06:16:30 pm by Danax »

Offline Norb Smith

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 06:38:12 pm »
Danex, from everything I have heard and I am getting acquainted with a lady there,its a good agency and I am sure live Vince said it could have been that the agency was closed, I have found they are very prompt with sending and receiving letters, ladies first name I am coreespo nding with is Min just incase you might be speaking to her also...lol...we have a plicy to hope we not write to same ladies in the brotherhood
To have good neighbors, you need to be a good neighbor

Offline Danax

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 07:53:35 pm »
Quote from: 'Norb Smith' pid='5802' dateline='1245191892'

Danex, from everything I have heard and I am getting acquainted with a lady there,its a good agency and I am sure live Vince said it could have been that the agency was closed, I have found they are very prompt with sending and receiving letters, ladies first name I am coreespo nding with is Min just incase you might be speaking to her also...lol...we have a plicy to hope we not write to same ladies in the brotherhood

It was Sunday over there when I sent it so it sounds like that agency will send some kind of response soon. And no Norb, that's not her name and I think that policy is an excellent one. I would imagine that situation has come up before....which has me wondering how many cupid notes an average woman might receive or how many favorites lists she's on. 5, 50..?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 11:18:10 pm by Danax »

Offline Chong

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 09:39:09 pm »
Danex,

Beside 'Vegas Boy / Elvis Wannabee' Norb ... Peter K. from Sweden also uses that agency P218. I heard good things about them. Peter's getting married in Changsha this July 18th. You may want to send him a private email to get his opinion on the agency and maybe request his translator. Peter is a Cop/Detective/"I Spy" ... so they wouldn't dare mess with him.

All The Best,

Chong

Offline Danax

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 12:05:52 pm »
Quote from: 'Chong' pid='5817' dateline='1245202749'

Danex,

Beside 'Vegas Boy / Elvis Wannabee' Norb ... Peter K. from Sweden also uses that agency P218. I heard good things about them. Peter's getting married in Changsha this July 18th. You may want to send him a private email to get his opinion on the agency and maybe request his translator. Peter is a Cop/Detective/"I Spy" ... so they wouldn't dare mess with him.

All The Best,

Chong

Thanks for the info, Chong. I hadn't considered the possibility of requesting a specific translator but it's worth a try.

And I did get her response last night. It appears to be her standard first response, which is ok, and she also included a couple of pics that weren't on her profile but appear to be from the same photo session. I also noticed that she signed it with her last name only, which I assume was a mistake by the person who drafted the letter, or do Chinese women sometimes do that? :icon_cool:.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 12:06:54 pm by Danax »

Offline Danax

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 12:50:52 pm »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='5870' dateline='1245255674'

Danax, Because your new to us and don't take this personal. But I wondered if you are aware? Chinese last names are first? So she might have signed it with her first name?

No problem, it's a valid question but yes, I do know that and know too that CL reverses the names on the profile "western style", so, for example, if her name is listed as Lian Xu Li, and she signs, "Li", I'm thinking that's her last name.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 12:53:39 pm by Danax »

Offline Danax

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 05:30:11 pm »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='5881' dateline='1245265840'

Here comes the maybe's? Maybe the translator... forgot the name is switched in the profile? made a shorter name of her first name like Li to Lisa? Didn't complete the name and thought they did? (Left the "an" off)?

See what happens with the next signing?

I'm thinking the translator forgot the names were reversed as you mentioned, which makes me wonder if she even wrote the letter, since I would think she'd have signed it and the translator would've simply copied her name as she'd written it. This also makes me wonder if she written the rest, but it's hard to imagine that a translator would write about personality traits etc..

The other possibility you mentioned is doubtful since I made up that name above as a fictitious example. Her last name isn't even close to her first name and it's not an English name either.

It's not a red flag exactly at this point but it's something to notice, so I plan to attempt direct communication asap.....
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 05:33:44 pm by Danax »

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 03:56:56 am »
My girl's birthday is listed as Aug 26,1977 and shows her age as 32, but that date adds to 31.  I ain't complaining and I'm sure as heck not going to call her on it.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Neil

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 06:46:23 am »
Heck no!  It's not a concern at all.  As men, aren't we supposed to forget the 4 digit number in birth dates anyway?  And I'm telling you, these beautiful ladies look much younger than their real age anyway.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 01:09:55 pm »
Quote from: 'Neil' pid='5928' dateline='1245311816'

My girl's birthday is listed as Aug 26,1977 and shows her age as 32, but that date adds to 31.  I ain't complaining and I'm sure as heck not going to call her on it.

Neil, the Chinese custom is that they count newborn babies as already 1 year old. Thus the addition difference.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Neil

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 05:54:24 pm »
Ah, thanks for clearing that up.  So that makes me 40!  Ach!

Offline Ernest Wood

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 06:26:29 pm »
Quote from: 'Danax' pid='5790' dateline='1245183687'

Hi everybody,
I've had my profile hidden on ChnLve as I don't want a deluge of admirer letters. One woman's profile kept drawing me back and I finally sent her a Cupid Note. 3.5 days and no response....no biggie although she was the only one that interested me enough to make contact, but isn't a Cupid Note supposed to be responded to sooner than this, one way or another, if by no one else but the agency? The other question is am I right to understand that my profile will be visible to her once I've sent a Cupid Note despite its hidden status?

I sent a cupid note to a lady
 in November 2008 and they took six months to answer from the agency that she was not interested. others answer in 24 hours. But watch out, they simply reply with their profile.
Ernest Wood
Everyday a happy day[/i] :icon_biggrin: