Author Topic: Wife returning to china  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Agarn

Wife returning to china
« on: June 21, 2009, 03:13:59 am »
Hi.  Talking to a lady the other day about moving accross the world to live and she rightly expressed concerns about missing her family and being homesick, i spoke about setting her family up with computer, yahoo messenger with cam and chat and explained that allowing for time difference she could talk to family each day if she wished to, also i explained that i would expect to visit china at least once a year for a month at the minimum [in the future more] this brought a favourable responce as she stated she would hope to visit 1 or 2 times a year when home sick.
Some of you guys are engaged, married and in the process of getting your women to your various countries, so i was wondering what you and your wives were planning to do about this in the future.

I understand in the current financial climate travel budgets may well be cut, but a happy wife should lead to a happy marriage, i hope!

Offline Peter

RE: Wife returning to china
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 04:10:45 am »
We have also talked about this. I read about someone that sent his wife to China at least once a year so she can connect with her family and friends. As you know the family is very important in China so even if she starts a new family with you the bonds with Chins is very strong. It is a part of face too.
Our plan is to get a new flat in China as soon as possible. In about 6 years time I will have half time pension so hopefully I will work 3 weeks and be free 3 weeks. Since she still will have her old work through a distance we will live in China a part of the year. We could be there for 9 weeks in a row if I take a 3 weeks holiday. Hopefully this could be real in a couple of years..
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 08:00:39 am »
Okay, well here is what we do, my wife has  been calling her friends and family once a day and she can see them on the webcam also, we go home twice a year, once is for the whole family to go for 2 to 4 weeks and the second time my wife goes alone for 4 weeks, this keeps her very happy and when Zhou is happy we are all happy :icon_biggrin:, Zhou has been here for 5 years and there are times that she is so very home sick still, that is when I know it's time for her to go home and see every one, she sometimes gets there and after 2 weeks will ask me to bring here family to her, she will start missing us, this is when I tell her that she is there for her to spend time with her friends and her brother and Father and she agrees.
This is the best way for her and I, you Agarn my friend will have to find out what it will take to make her happy, they are all different women right.
Good luck and best wishes
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline maxx

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 08:55:15 am »
Agarn My wife talks to her friends all the time on the computer.And talks to her family every Monday night for about 2 hours.We go to China at least once a year and spend a little over 2 weaks there.

Offline Agarn

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 02:57:07 pm »
Well I`m nowhere near marriage at the moment but these things need to be talked about to understand a womans expectations for the future.
Peter,  the idea of a long stay sounds great, good luck with that.
Michael,  that sounds like a good idea,if your not there she can devote all her time to her family, yes they are different and time will tell.
Mike,  with yahoo etc its so easy to talk for hours, im sure this will ease the strain of being apart.
Most of these women live in huge cities and are used to the mahem that goes with this life, I on the other hand live on a small island, so I will have to give this a lot of thought if or when the time comes.

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 03:35:14 pm »
we have discussed this in detail a few times.  We have an agreement to return to china every year.  But we decided that we will buy her an open ended return ticket home.  That way she can stay and visit her family till she misses me and she will come home.  I know talking over the phone and on messangers just dont cut it when you really want to be with someone.  All I want to do is my my future wife happy in the end.  This idea is the best possible way for us.  Unless I win the lottery and buy my own jet.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline Ed W

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 09:19:53 pm »
My wife also had these reservations and I assured her we'd make every effort to call often and return at least once each year if not more. That seemed to quell her concerns but I also feel she's so commited to the relationship that she'll accept the possiblity that sometimes we may not be able to.

I really gathered that she just doesnt want to give up those people in her life that mean so much. Not that she wouldn't, but would you really want her to?
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china