Author Topic: Watching TV together  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Watching TV together
« on: June 21, 2009, 04:57:08 pm »
Well fellows, myself and Luo Li are into watching TV together.  Not unusual - well our seats are thousands of miles apart - she is in China and I am in London but I found on UK sky Tv I can get CCTV9 and she gets the same programme in China at the same time.

Not the same as sitting together but as we watch while we are both on the phone we can hear each others comments during the programmes.  Still that will all end next weekend when I am winging to Zhuhai and from then on we will be together not just for TV programmes.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Arnold

RE: Watching TV together
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 05:40:01 pm »
Willy , what I noticed with my Wife , she doesn't watch any TV at all , same goes for the Parent's . The Son ( 7 ) he watches his Cartoon's as any normal Kid , but what they do with free time is take walks in the evening instead , after Supper . I wish I could do that too . The walking part . TV .. I watch maybe 30 min. to an hour a day that's it , no time for more . Most of the time it is CCTV 9 , love that Station .
Anyway's , have a great trip and may the first meeting be grand .
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 05:41:26 pm by Arnold »

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 11:23:49 am »
Yes Xu Le never watches tv either.  She loves to spend time in the kitchen learning to cook from her mother.  Going to the gym.  Spending time with family and friends.  I got a girl who isnt the typical 25 y/o.  I think I have talked to her twice when she said she was watching a japanese cartoon (She likes Disney type stuff).  Other than that I dont think she does.  That will clash a little with me, I love sports.  But with her here I will be taking her to alot of sporting events instead of watching them on tv.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline Joshua Smith

• Eastern Scorpion
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 10:24:06 pm »
My Jessie downloads and watches Western movies all the time. I've been suggesting titles for her. She recently saw Ironman. Apparently Chinese women whom like Western movies tend to sway towards the Romantic movies or 'chick flicks' just like the women in North America. She downloads 'TV dramas' too. I found out she likes Jessica Biel's acting quite a bit soI went out and bought a couple of her movies for Jessie. We'll watch them together in Guangzhou. :icon_biggrin: If you're wondering which movies, they are; 'Next' with Nicolas Cage and 'The Illusionist' with Edward Norton. I also bought her a couple of 'chick flicks'; 'The Women' and 'The House bunny'.
"I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am."   ~ Homer Simpson ~
"Everything is something."   ~ Marge Simpson ~