Author Topic: Suggestions on my Engagement.  (Read 4611 times)

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
Suggestions on my Engagement.
« on: June 23, 2009, 12:49:43 pm »
So since I have been dormant for awhile you have not been informed about that Xu Le and I are unofficially engaged.  I was all worried that her parents and other family would have a hard time accepting my tattoos.  Well I must have some kind of charm then.  I have won the hearts of both her parents and the other friends and family.  I think I met all 13,000 of them on msn.  Even the two Schnauzers.  I was welcomed into the family.  Xu Le without asking told me that she will marry me and move to be with me.  I have bought the ring.  How do you guys think I should formally propose?  I wanted to do it on the great wall, but i thought that might not be romantic for her since its like in her back yard.  I also know I will be marrying the family too.  I know the will have a huge family gathering while I am there and I should wait and present the ring in front of the family.  Well if you guys have any input and suggestion i would appreciate it.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline China Shark

RE: Suggestions on my Engagement.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 03:07:06 pm »
Josh let me be the first to congratulate the both of you. Make the brotherhood proud. Told you if she loved you the tattoos wouldn't mean much.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 05:01:47 pm »
Congrats Josh!!!
Ask her in the best place and with whom you think would make her happy and give her great face.
Soon we will have to welcome you to the married mens part of the brotherhood :icon_cheesygrin:, just let us know when you will be wearing one of those funny hats and we will sign you up:icon_biggrin:
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 06:36:40 pm »
Yeah I heard about the secret handshakes and what not amongst the married brothers. I heard the head guy is a nut from New Mexico and insists on a bizarre initiation ceremony, be afraid Josh, be very afraid!

Oh and congrats of course :D
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Ed W

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 08:55:43 pm »
That's great news Josh!! Congratulations!!!
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline Norb Smith

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 09:24:06 pm »
Lets see Josh whats the best time to officially propose, your in a cold sweat, your eyes are bludging, your tongue is fatter than your mouth, you knees are weak, the only sound you can make is Duh Duh, you cant swallow, you cant spite and each one of your fingers are as big as your thighs, that will be the right time, LMAO..just kidding you, you will know when it feels right.....Congradulations and hope all the best for the both of you
To have good neighbors, you need to be a good neighbor

Offline maxx

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 12:41:38 am »
Josh congradulations you will know when the right time is.It will just sneak up on you.And be like a slap in the face.

Dont listen to the Irish guy he's just crazy he ran out of beer the other day.So he started drinking lighter fluid.To get that warm fuzzy feeling.And it completly fried that little pea brain of his.

Arnold

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 12:48:22 am »
Josh , first Congrat's from Me also .
Second , I have the perfect way to Pop the Question . Take her out to a nice ( maybe HER favorite ) Restaurant and as you Eat , make sure you both order Rice this time . As you see her bowl of rice get low , refill it for her and include the Ring with it , without Her seeing it of course . You know Rice / China what better place is there ? :huh:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 12:49:25 am by Arnold »

Offline Joshua Smith

• Eastern Scorpion
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 01:06:48 pm »
The way I want to propose to Jessie is;

Take her out to a nice restaurant....maybe with a few of her family. Excuse yourself to use the restroom and find an English speaking waiter, get him to find you a flower, any flower will do....but preferably a rose...maybe one of those elegant blue roses that was talked about in these forums....after that, take the ring out of the box and slip it up the stem so the ring rests over the leaves. Make sure the leaves are sturdy enough to hold the ring, of course. After this is done, ask the waiter to bring the flower and a bottle of wine(I don't drink, the wine would be for the rest of the family) to the table, setting the flower directly in front of your lady. As she notices it, get on your knee and tell her how much she means to you in front of her (And soon to be your) family. Remove the ring from the flower stem and place it on her finger as she smiles at you with her eyes and lips, as she says "yes". And then KISS her! haha  I wrote that as if this idea was for you, Josh.....but I give you permission to use it. Just don't tell your lady or mine. :icon_rolleyes: If you think it's good enough, please let me know if you use it and how it went. :icon_biggrin:
I wrote this a long long time ago. If you want to use this on your lady, go for it. But don't claim credit for writing it. It's simple prose and maybe even a little cheesy, but I'm sure your lady will like it.

YOU ARE MY EVERYTHING

If there were a day I could say the way i truly feel inside.
Then, that day could I say, having love, when separate minds collide?
Emotions are over coming when you love someone so loving.
Are these real? Will they last? I want to know, of course they will, they'll grow.

Is there another way I can tell you the way it is I feel?
Constant loving feelings, I miss you, want you, I love your appeal.
If there were a way you could stay, hold me then, all night and all day.
That's what I would like, for you to be here and never disappear.

I was looking for love, I found it. Happy I didn't give up.
You are my blood in my veins, sparkle in my eyes, light of my day.
You are my blind spot which I can not see, please remove it for me.
I want to see as much as I can, if not one hundred percent.

You are my everything, my love an offering, my diamond ring.
you are my reasoning, for loving anything, why I'm living.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 01:16:19 pm by Joshua Smith »
"I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am."   ~ Homer Simpson ~
"Everything is something."   ~ Marge Simpson ~

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 01:20:58 pm »
Quote from: 'maxx' pid='6405' dateline='1245818498'

Dont listen to the Irish guy he's just crazy he ran out of beer the other day.So he started drinking lighter fluid.To get that warm fuzzy feeling.And it completly fried that little pea brain of his.

Hahah! :icon_razz::icon_redface:
Raising my beer glass to ya!

Getting back on topic, I think if you reckon she's certain to say yes then doing it at a family gathering would be pretty cool.
You are making a statement to them that you want to be part of their family and are asking their daughter this very important thing with them as witness - gives them face big time.
I think you can do no wrong this way.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Carl

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 10:05:32 pm »
Congratulations Josh!  Thanks fantastic news.  I'm sure you will come up with a great time to pop the big question with your lady.  Be imaginitive and romantic ... but most of all... be yourself.

Offline Hajo

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 12:27:49 am »
Great Josh! I am very happy for you!

If you don't decide in time, Xu Le might propose to you :icon_cheesygrin:

Keep up the good work Josh! I wish you all the best!
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 12:56:39 pm »
Many congrats about that happy news, Josh ;)

Well, a big nice plate to celebrate it with her?
I think that, wherever it is in China, or anywhere else, it does not really matter. You can in fact, celebrate it at two different places, like the first one to "officialize" with the family, and the other one, like a "honeymoon's travel" ^^
 (just an advice : I'm not sure Iran is well recommanded those last days, so... you can choose any other destinations :icon_cheesygrin:)

And about the ring, yes, for sure, I think it would be nice to show it to the family :)
- Let's Rock -

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 07:50:19 pm »
Congrats brother, make it special and in front of the family, that will no doubt give her great face....:icon_biggrin:

The way I unofficially asked Keren, was by using the words of a song called 'I Swear' by a group called All 4 One.
The lyrics
I swear, by the moon and star in the skies
and I swear, like the shadow that's by your side...

I see the questions your eyes, I know what praying on your mind,
you can be sure, I know my heart...
cos I'll, stand beside you through the years, you'll only cry those happy tears
and tho I'll make mistakes, I'll never break your heart...

And I swear, by the moon and stars in the skies, I'll be there....
I swear, like the shadow that's by your side, I'll be there,
for better or worse, til death do us part
I'll love you with every beat of my heart, I swear....

I'll do everything I can, I'll build your dreams with these two hands
we'll have some memories of us
and when, just the two of us are there, you wont have to ask if I still care
cos at the times and the place, my love won't age at all, I swear...

Will you make me the happiest man in the UK please, will you marry me?
That was the way I asked my lady and of course she said yes :angel:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 08:24:21 pm by Scottish_Rob »

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 08:39:22 pm »
Rob, as Zhou calls guys that grow up in the citys you are a "Slicky man",  :icon_biggrin::icon_cheesygrin::fi_lone_ranger:
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS