Author Topic: Police report needed?  (Read 3875 times)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
Police report needed?
« on: June 27, 2009, 12:10:39 pm »
I read on the Marriage In China website that this is needed .
Is this for Americans only or is this needed by everyone. What exactly is needed on it, I can imagine the fun and games I'm gonna have getting something like this from the Irish police. Any EU members here have any advice?
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Ed W

RE: Police report needed?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 12:29:50 pm »
Thats bull crap. All i needed was my singles affidavit, but that is accompanied by my certified divorce decree, single status affidavit, and all certified by the state department and then uthorized by the chinese consulate general.

After our marriage, while in china, we had to visit the police department  few times to register the marrige, register her residence and some last trip I still to this day dont know what for. From anywhere in the city I could tell ya how to get to one police station since we had to do return visits to accomplish those three tasks. haha. The lady police got used to talking english to me and seem to find it a novelty. I did compliment the cleanliness of thier city so that might have gotten me some brownie points. hehe
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 12:41:57 pm »
I read this before? I thought if they asked for it I would get it. But I never heard of them asking from us? I know the US asks for it for the women. Besides I have a background check and fingerprint sheet in New York. (Gun owner) With a FBI check too. But it was in the mid 1980's? Even though I owned guns I passed the background check to be on Governor's Island with then Pres. Ronald Reagan. I did not get to see him, to guarded.  

Governor's Island: an island across from the Statue of Liberty. Always been a military base. Now Coast Guard base.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 12:47:00 pm »
Thanks Ed, I thought it seemed a bit extreme. I just know that trying to get something like this from the Irish police would be an uphill struggle to say the least - they don't even have a centralised fingerprint database yet as far as I am aware of!!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Ed W

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 12:49:16 pm »
The only time I've ever had to be finger printed and background checked was to teach "T-ball" to children and those reasons are obvious.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 02:34:07 pm »
Ronan, the police report is for her to get on herself and is mainly used for imigration.
When you joined Chnlove did you fill out a form with a bunch of personal questions?, if so that is all you needed to fill out, that gave the Chinese Goernment the clearance to do a back ground check on you with your local Govenment, you have met your lady so it seems you passed.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 02:34:51 pm by MLM »
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Ed W

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 02:43:36 pm »
Michael,
 Do you actually think the Chinese government would do a background check on you even before you arrive?

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 06:18:44 pm »
yes sir I know they do as well as our Government, they are not looking to see how many traffic tickets you have, they are looking to see what organizations you are affiliated with or any felonies you may have pending against you.( I used to date a woman that worked in thier Government )
Ed, they are trying to stop abuse, slavery, ( yes it does exist ) and any other such atrocities this world can provide.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 06:19:33 pm by MLM »

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 08:44:33 pm »
I just had Angel go to the police station this week and find out exactly what I needed. They told her that all I needed to get married was the single certificate and my passport.  That was all.  This was in Wuhan.  I have "heard" that different districts can have different procedures.  So that is why I had her go and check.  By the way, our wedding date is August 21st.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 02:56:58 am »
Congrats JIM !!!

Arnold

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 11:30:23 am »
Congratulation on your upcoming Wedding ! Jim and Angel , may your match be " Made in Heaven " .

Offline Chad

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 08:03:48 pm »
When I got married in China I had the single certificate with me that I got here in the US but I am not sure I really needed it. I went to the American Consulant in Chengdu and talked to them. They said I needed a paper from them and then I could get married. ($40 in cash as well) I had to have a certified copy of my last American divorce to prove I was indeed single. They attached the single certificate to the paper they provided. Then all we did was go to the place that registers the marriage and had our picture taken and signed a couple of papers and that was it.

Then three days latter of course we were back to the same place. I wonder what I will need to get married in China the next time? (Just kidding of course, maybe)

So if you have been married before I would make sure and get a certified copy of the final judgement from your courthouse and take it with you. Good luck!

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 10:10:17 am »
congrats Jim.......Hope your future is bright...

Offline JimB

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 02:03:11 pm »
Thanks everyone.  I have never felt this way before. Also she must be married in the city that is her home of permanent record.  As in Angels case she lives in Beijing but her home of record is in Wuhan.  That is one reason for getting married there.  That is something else to consider.

Let me just give an example of just one reason why I do this.  She asked me if it was ok if she got a perm for the wedding.  Of course I said no problem and then thanked her for asking.  She had no idea why I was thanking her.  She said "you are going to be my husband, why would I not ask for your decision?"  I thought decision really meant opinion.  But I will take it. lol  Coming from a marriage where I was not consulted about almost anything.  This is quite a turn around.  (I told my sister this and she said she cant wait to get her hands on Angel.  I told her if she did, she was no longer my sister. LOL.)

Offline JimB

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 03:26:29 pm »
Yes, there were only two things on the last trip that I didnt suggest, one was where to eat to meet her brother and when we went to the Zoo. Because Qingqing (Her daughter) wanted to go. (I had already been, on the last trip)   That was it.  The rest of the trip was all about me.  Even though I asked her many times, it was always whatever you want.

We got sort of sidetracked here.  Sorry Irish.
I had read about the police report before, but have never actually heard of anyone needing one.