Author Topic: Strange and SMELLY foods .  (Read 1829 times)

Arnold

Strange and SMELLY foods .
« on: June 27, 2009, 01:27:51 pm »
Now that Ed has started in the Potato business , how about letting your Lady try the good old fashion " Limburger Cheese " ?
I mean , if any of us can try Stinky Tofu and other Bizarre food's , why not have your Lady have a go with some of our's ?

Offline Ed W

RE: Strange and SMELLY foods .
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 01:32:59 pm »
haha. I've never smelled either. My wife knows i'm kind the wimp with strange foods so she didn't expose me to things like that. I'd be interested to smell Limburger but probably not wish to eat it.

I wonder what she'l think of the homoginzed milk here. Americans are so afraid to irradiate foods so our milk will spoil in a fraction of the time it does elsewhere. Although I think our milk tastes really good. It's that food passion thing. hehe
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 01:46:35 pm »
Nothing and i mean nothing comes close to the wonderful and weird Durian ..it smells like raw sewage and tastes ...like nothing else ..is a truly weird taste. I had Durian icecream and a pastry dish when I was there last time.
You have not smelled stinky food until you smelled the Durian..

As for smelly Irish food, try boiled cabbage..eww..smells like crap and tastes not much better, traditional Irish cuisine is not something to be proud of.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Ed W

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 01:53:07 pm »
My mother loved boiled cabbage, and any other ways of fixing it. No wonder i run from the stuff. LOL
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 02:22:08 pm »
Zhou has introduced me to Kimchee, I also didn't know there are differant types of Kimchee, and they all have a different taste, but they all smell really bad, and Ronan, your right, there is nothing that smells as bad as durian fruit, to me it smells like rotten meat and the taste is one that you like or you don't, it's not one of those things that you don't know, I like it but Zhou says we will not have it here in the States :icon_sad:
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Vince G

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 02:50:02 pm »
Not me, I'm not eating anything that's going to end up back on my plate after swallowed. :s

Offline China Shark

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 03:34:08 pm »
Guys wait till you get here. Yes, the street vendor's tofu smells ungodly to say the least. A few days ago I was hanging out with friends and almost chowed down on frog chowder, luckily common sense warned me from delving into that dish. Anymore I just flat out refuse dishes on the grounds it's too exotic or like Vince said I want it to stay down. Nice thing about being a foreigner is they never really feel slighted because you don't want to sample some of the bizarre cuisine. Guys are talking about is called King Fruit and it smells disgusting and has a very unusual taste, the meat of the fruit is slimely so it takes a few tries to acclimate yourself to the texture and flavor. I tried it once and that was enough.
China Shark Mike

PS The Chinese love this strange fruit.
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!