Author Topic: Brothas & Sistas Marriage Agency  (Read 14715 times)

Offline Chris

Re: Brothas & Sistas Marriage Agency
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2009, 02:13:52 am »
I think it's probably a distraction to try to correlate website hits to membership. We've established that there is a market, and no lack of supply for either men or women. I think the main reason we would want firm numbers would be for advertising rates, but as an advertiser I would want raw data. Other reasons would be for planning bandwidth and storage expenditures, but that would be estimated better after building a prototype and dealing with raw data instead of trying to estimate numbers we don't have access to.

I don't have experience building a business plan, so I have to rely on the software model. At this point I would list everything that we want the business to do at a basic level. After everything gets listed out we can see what's feasible, basic business organization, software, etc.
And when I get excited my little China girl says, "Oh baby just you shut your mouth."

Offline maxx

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2009, 03:22:21 am »
guys this is all interesting stuff.I think there is a need for this kind of service.Like somebody said it has to be run with the utmost honesty and integreaty.

What is it going to take to run a buisness like that? what  are your complaints with the agencies we have all delt with?

To much photoshopping of the pictures
suspected ringers.
bad translation.Flowery words added to letters.
 Emf.to expensive.
translater services to expensive.

Corperate offices should be in Guandong province.With other offices in Beijing,Shanghai.and satelite offices in other towns through out China.Tour packages should be offerd at a resonable price to China.And around China

I think you guys are limiting yourselves if you only offer the service to the women who wants to marry a foreign man.There is a huge internet dateing scene in China.That you would be missing out on.

Translaters are payed by the letter.they get payed when the man comes to China and needs a translater.I don't think you would have trouble finding translaters.

Finding the ladies running background checks.That mite be a little tough.In some parts of China it is not desirable to have a foreign husband.So you would have to figure out where in China this would work.

Offline Hajo

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2009, 03:35:42 am »
Maxx, you are right. There are a lot of opportunities. But you can't do it all from the beginning. It demands some cash to do all those things. But it will has to be taken in for the long term strategy planning.
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline maxx

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2009, 04:20:53 am »
Hajo I agree if you start out small.While keeping the long range plan in site it will work.But you are going to need the basics to begin.Translaters computers,starting cash,enternet exposure,The ladies.

Sarge knows a couple of ladies,Arnold knows one or two and I know of two.ANd I'm sure a couple of the other members of this group know some more ladies.

If we want to do this we need to get it started.But where to start.And where to get the start up capitol? That is where I'm stuck at

Chong

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2009, 08:35:21 am »
Start-up capital is the least of the worries. Long-term funding can be leverage. Establishing a business model also is not a worry. I started my own company in 1999 and sold it in 2007. With the amount of work experience & business intelligence among us men and a committee board of .... say, 10 men .... sitting down & formulating a business start-up plan based on our personal ChnLove experience & choosing the best web layout and features from all the Asian/Dating sites .........  :!:

The most important component is the future committment on the part of ChnLove husbands & wives. I know that we're just theorizing now but who would actually go and live in Guangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai, Chongqing and the other satellite cities ???

Let's just do a sample test here ......

Who would operate in what cities ???

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2009, 08:55:13 am »
Count me in for Guangzhou.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline China Shark

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2009, 09:07:41 am »
I could work out of Shenzhen or the surrounding area.
China Shark
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mike Moore

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2009, 12:34:43 pm »
To add to the Brotha's agency reference library: http://www.quantcast.com/chnlove.com

This gives good general demographics of the Chnlove clientelle, as well as reference to other sites likely used by chnlove users. Interesting that 32% of its  users are +$100K income, and 16% went to grad school. I saw seniorpeoplemeet.com listed there and actually felt my hair getting grayer. ;)  Plug a website name into the search box and you get the demographic data for that site.

Read a lot about how pay sites are dying (couldn't tell by the $300+million match.com raked in last year). Also read a lot about QQ being the biggest social networking site in China, but haven't seen the site yet - I'll do that this weekend. You guys know how it works already. I assume that as non-Chinese speaking male, it would be hard to make first contact that way. Am i wrong?

Am I wrong in thinking, as important as the advertising and translation revenue a dating site could garner, we're also targeting a select group of men, rather than the casual browsing guy who's window shopping and fantasizing while chatting up a storm? Personalized one-on-one matching can reap huge rewards also.

Paul Todd

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2009, 12:54:53 pm »
Hi,
My good lady and myself "could" run the Baoding office. I ran the idea past her and she can see the potential here, after all Chinese people are very biz savvy. Re the online recruitment adds. This is one agency looking for 30 translators running a 4 hour shift pattern over a 12 hour time frame, over seen by 5 managers. 1 manager to 6 translators. Biz is either very good or there's a high turnover of staff. Our translator during the early phase of our relationship, who is related to my lady said it would take her around's 40 mins to translate my 6000 word letter and do the same for my lady. At this rate 1 translator can do maybe 6 turn around's in a shift or 12 translations. Therefore 30 new translators adds up to an increase in capacity of 360 translations to the office or 36o x cost of an EMF credit. This is on top of there current capacity. If the letters are shorter then this figuer rises. They are paying between 400 and 800 yuan to the translators,probable based on there speed and 700 to 2000 to the managers based on EMF credits generated?  These figures are based on the longest letters possible,shorter letters and they all win,hands down.

Mike, my Lady and I used QQ to start with but I was getting  a lot of "friend "requests from ladies? so we moved to yahoo.No way of knowing who they were really. You can check out there user profiles but who knows.

Offline Mike Moore

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2009, 01:31:53 pm »
I hate to keep double posting, but as the ideas swirl, I don't want to lose them.

All preconceived notions aside, what do we really want to do? - live in China with our beloved and work there in a rewarding, and hopefully profitable job. If we start with the notion that we need heavy infrastructure investment and some website to rival the volume of Match.com or even Chnlove - that's intimidating.

I'll give you my bottom line: Forget the hundreds of translators, we need only one or two good ones in each location (Like TIm in Zhuhai); figure that a mere 100 pre-qualified men, paying up to $10K for the right to be matched with only a handful of pre-selected, prospective mates, we haul in $1million, we get 500 men, that's $5 million, and so on. individual, personalized matching of serious, properly funded men, with qualified, accomplished, sincere Chinese women. It does not take much of a corporate office, at first it takes maybe just a nice condo with space large enough, and even intimate enough, that a woman can come and receive assistance in comfortably conversing with her man via the internet. We're not talking about dealing with hundreds of women per day at any one of our branch locations. If we had only 20 excellent women in each location, wouldn't that suffice? No need for an elaborate website and building-sized server since there's no huge website to browse through - we allow each male client meet a few women intimately. I met one with no more infrastructure that my laptop - so did the rest of us. Yes, we used the infrastructure of Chnlove to do that, but our clients won't need to do that. Our infrastructure will grow as needed and funded. But we can stay out of the matching/dating rat race.

Shark Mike and others know how many wonderful ladies we could recruit, even after serious qualification rounds. All we need to do is advertise through high-end media outlets in the West.  Tell me that takes a huge corporate presence.  :D  

The joy I feel with my lady, and the additional example of you brothas here is the best advertisement we can have. It would be so rewarding to spread that wealth, both spiritually and financially. I'd be honored to be a part of it if you'll allow me. Let's really do this - together. Just my $0.02.

Chong

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2009, 01:42:42 pm »
Mike ... "Double M" / Froggie ... Thanks for that site, it's what I was searching for.

Based on their stats ... per month ... 134,630 people x 36% regular users = 48,466 members.  Visits per month ... 2,296,265 x 35% regular users = 803,693 visits per month = 16.5 visit per member per month.  

The hardcore users ( 30 or more visits / month to the site ) is 5% x 134,630 = 6,731. ... This is a realistic membership number.

chineselovelinks.com : their monthly traffic is 28,000 x 35% regular users = 9,800 members of which 28,000 x 5% = 1,400 Hardcore users.

Offline Hajo

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2009, 03:24:04 am »
Chong, Hajo & ?? would love to run an office in ?? I am not bound to any city. I have talked to my actual lady. She doesn't care where we would live China. It could be Xi'an or maybe Urumqi (if not too small for a start)  8-)
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

MiguelfromSpain

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2009, 06:33:09 am »
Hola gentlemen,
This is a terrific idea BUT:
-Keep it small and don´t overdo it because we will finish falling in the same mistakes as chnlove is doing now. We don´t need to cover half of China for a start. Three or four of the main cities can "supply" us of enough women and "quality control" would be easier. (Wow I hate talking about this a if it was a car factory).
-The idea of a extremely high member fee is dangerous. Don´t turn it into a millionaires club. I am not willing to pay 1.000, or more for just a subscription, and I think a lot of people here are serious enough for these women but not quite ready for that. Keep prices real. You yourself have stated that the starting investment does not need to be huge. You might look greedy, though you are not. Also think that paying such high fees will attract undesireable women to the site and I don´t want to discover that once I have her at home. "my friend married a 100K man and I will do the same" do you really want that?
-It does not have to be totally free for women: Of course not the abuse they are suffering now, but if you want something, show me that you really want it. (Anyway we´ll offer to pay ourselves in the end).
Just my two euro cents. All the best to you all
Miguel

Chong

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2009, 08:14:41 am »
Miguel, I agree ... the high fee was in reference to an all-inclusive ... i.e. we handle all the documents ( visa, marriage, wedding organization, flights, hotel, immigration, etc etc ... )

I also believe that a lady should pay a nominal fee to join ... and pay for all her extras ( one or two nice photo, English lessons ). We can use a regular camera for the 'real' photos.

Yes, Like any 'service' business, you have to start small until the business model is proven. The city part is not a problem. Wherever the Brotha is, he can start small scale there.

Offline Mike Moore

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2009, 10:23:36 am »
Zhiping is enthusiastic about the idea, so please pencil us in for Zhuhai area (SW quadrant of Guangzhou metroplex)

Miguel, I was throwing out the suggestion about something more along the lines of a matchmaker service than a dating service, and the fees for those is rather high in the states, and should command a premium for a hands-on international match. Over 30% of Chnlove customers are +100K, and I will wager a majority of men who consummate a marriage through chnlove are in that category.

A lot of reference has been made here about selecting ladies already known to our mates, or through their verifiable network of friends, so the gold-digger aspect wouldn't come into play as readily. I quote, "I do not want marry money, I need a man in my life." I am game for anything, but to differentiate from the large numbers of dating website services already available, and populated by the drooling knuckleheads typified by the recent posts in the official chnlove forum, I thought that rigorously qualifying, through in-person interviews, both men and women, including personality evaluation to ease matching, civil and financial background check for both parties, would give both parties confidence that the service was on the up and up, and worth the premium because they could be almost guaranteed success. We would be involved all along the way offering guidance to those uncomfortable with the language and custom barriers (viewing the initial video conferences and offer follow-up consults to offer tips on how to present themselves or have an easy, open dialog. We'd be the good-doer aunt and uncle who are introducing the good girl to a good man, and vice-versa.

Conditions would have to be met before the first meeting, such as the woman attending English classes and attaining a basic level of English. The guy would have to do the same, at least to the extent that he can show respect to the woman and her family to speak several phrases in Chinese. Strange as it seems, I even think that the man (and woman?) should become comfortable with the persons profile and inner beauty and correspond at first sight-unseen, before being allowed to see the real-life photos of both parties, as well as videos that show each inside, outside, at home and in life so each can really see the other. That may be too far out there. Just a thought.

The first women who sign up for this (and we don't need a huge number of women) may not have to pay a fee, although that would be great if they could for a pre-qualified match. Referrals will carry us after that and certain fees would be paid by the woman.

Some of these ladies have conversed for months with guys that actually have neither the means, nor the intention to make the leap from talk to action. Same for the guys who are frustrated with the suspicion that they are being scammed, which is what brought this idea to the fore to begin with.

Again, I suggest all this to try to distance us from what is already there. I see something like this being fairly easy to start, and snowballing as reputation grows among men who want an asian wife for the right reasons, but are intimidated by the unfamiliarity of the present;y available process.