Author Topic: ok looking for opinions on this  (Read 1258 times)

ttwjr32

ok looking for opinions on this
« on: July 01, 2009, 12:00:28 pm »
Ok i have met a wonderful lady from guangzhou. has good job and owns her own place. she has invited me to guangzhou to be with her and stay till we retire in 7 years. i dont have a college degree but i want to teach english and she says it will be easy for me to get that job. so i was wondering from the members there already living in china. i have been in executive management all my life very fortunate to make great money but my divorce cleaned me out so if i sell everything take 15 or 20 grand with me with no degree do you think i could teach as i would need some type of money as i live there to contribute. will all it would require is applying there for jobs and then a school will hire me??  just looking for some suggestions here. i know some have done this

ted

Vince G

RE: ok looking for opinions on this
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 12:07:52 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Sure you can teach there. I will let the others (Esp China Shark) answer this. But there is no guarantee you would get a job teaching in or near guangzhou.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 12:08:49 pm by Vince G »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 12:20:37 pm »
Hi There, I am in China now and I intend to make it my home for many years to come.  I have found a beautiful wife to be, I have a futuree mother in law who makes me feel like a king.  And to cap it all I have just moved into a two roomed apartment on a very secure housing complex.   This is in Zhuhai and the grounds are completely landscaped - they feel like you are living in a botanical gardern.  Best of all the rent is just 200 GBP a month (about 300 USD)   There is a need for English teachers here and lots of Schools.  You can live well on a little here.  Get the chance then give it a go.  This place is great.

Willy the Londoner (probably have to change the name soon to EX Londoner)
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

ttwjr32

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 12:32:16 pm »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='7073' dateline='1246465237'

Hi There, I am in China now and I intend to make it my home for many years to come.  I have found a beautiful wife to be, I have a futuree mother in law who makes me feel like a king.  And to cap it all I have just moved into a two roomed apartment on a very secure housing complex.   This is in Zhuhai and the grounds are completely landscaped - they feel like you are living in a botanical gardern.  Best of all the rent is just 200 GBP a month (about 300 USD)   There is a need for English teachers here and lots of Schools.  You can live well on a little here.  Get the chance then give it a go.  This place is great.

Willy the Londoner (probably have to change the name soon to EX Londoner)

hey willy  

thanks for the info   its me ted from stockton  i sent you an email  
      thanks
       ted
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 12:33:29 pm by ttwjr32 »

Offline China Shark

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 12:47:58 pm »
Ted, with your background should be a snap for you. I've been living here going on 6 months and have been teaching English about 4 and a half months. If you are personable outgoing and generally like people it is real easy. I teach primary school, Business English, and Beginner English for three different schools right now. The work is everywhere in China for teachers. There is a lot of opportunity in Guangzhou but it doesn't pay as well as my city Shenzhen. Here is my email seal03@gmail.com and pm me and I'll give you my cell number here. Smart move coming here, best decision ever made in my life. And that is coming from someone who split with his girl some time ago. It is a great country and you will learn so much more by living here. Life here is simple and am not sure if I will ever move back to the states. I've got some really good contacts so hit me up and I'll see what I can do for you.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 02:13:42 am »
Hi Ted

I know I should have matched your message to the emails we exchange.

Anytime you are passing through Zhuhai call in - I have a spare room you can use.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,