Author Topic: Services Of A Local Match-Maker  (Read 2784 times)

Offline Chong

Services Of A Local Match-Maker
« on: July 02, 2009, 09:24:45 pm »
Just want to let you guys know that ... once you're in China & if your relationship didn't work out ... there are many local match-makers in all cities.

They're usually older ladies in their mid-40's to mid-60's and are known by their nickname ... kinda like "Auntie". Every older couple knows an "Auntie" ... if you mention that you're looking for a wife.

The entire process is based on "Referral & Trust". After I became friends with a local dress shop owner and the hotel security guard, the topic got around to why I wasn't married. When I said I was looking for a wife, that got the ball rolling. They contacted their local match-maker.

You just give your specifications as to what you're seeking in a lady ... i.e. age, martial status, height, weight etc etc etc ... and they'll set up lunch meetings with blind dates. From there, you and the lady go off on your own ... most likely a walk together and exchange phone numbers afterwards if there's mutual interest.

Of course, as a gentleman seeking their services, you pay for lunch. Any successful encounter that leads to marriage results in the lady's parents paying a "gratuity" ( I'm guessing 1,000 to 2,000 RMB ) to the match-maker. This practice has been happening for ages ... it's how my parents met in the mid-50's.

Since June 30th, I have went out on four of these. The current lady that I'm interested in is the daughter of a friend of the dress shop owner. The two men have known each other for over 35 years. The daughter said that she only came out because she trusted his judgement.

I also know that there's a park in Beijing where parents gather everyday to exchange information on their children and set up blind dates.

Summary ... Make friends with local people in their mid-40' to mid-60's ... they have a wealth of personal contacts. For sure, it helps that I speak the local Taishanese dialect here in Southern China but it's a broken version ... LOL. If you're sincere, friendly and honest, people will help you find a local wife ... there are many local ladies wishing for a life in a foreign country if they find a nice man.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 09:39:17 pm by Chong »

Offline Carl

RE: Services Of A Local Match-Maker
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 09:57:42 pm »
Great post, Chong!  Best wishes on your seach for a lady.  The local match maker sounds like a great way to meet someone.
Carl

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 11:18:48 pm »
I think I can hear music from "The Fiddler on the Roof" playing in the background. Maybe this darn instument can strum out Matchmaker.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 11:20:21 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Vince G

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 11:20:44 pm »
Crank it up Rhonald lol

Offline Ed W

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 11:31:20 pm »
Interesting idea although will likely be most diffecult for those of us who dont speak any chinese dialect.

Keep it up man! Best wishes for you!!!!
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Vince G

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 11:42:33 pm »
Well I'm done anyway. If my lady and I don't work out I'd rather look more local. Cut all the crap out. No visa's, giving money to this one? that one?

Offline Chong

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 01:40:20 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='7167' dateline='1246592553'

Well I'm done anyway. If my lady and I don't work out I'd rather look more local. Cut all the crap out. No visa's, giving money to this one? that one?

Vincenzo ... I agree totally with you. ChnLove's just one avenue to pursue. I'm sure that if us single guys meet a nice local lady at home ( suddenly out of the blue ) most of us would abandon this idea of an overseas pursue. Having said this, there are lots of successful marriages thorugh ChnLove ... so to each there own !!!

Ed ... even with the language barrier, I don't think it's that big of an issue.  You're still going to have your electronic translator anyhow. Many locals are friendly to foreigners, especially the ones that work in the service industry ( i.e. hotels ) or stores ... especially for you since you're Mr. Watson of the famous chain of "Watson Pharmacies" ... hehe
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 01:43:00 am by Chong »

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 07:24:38 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='7167' dateline='1246592553'

Yeah Vince its great, no visas to get, they are already here and you can get to cuddle them all the time, have them cooking and cleaning and having your children in no time, uh-oh, don't let Zhou see this, she'll think I had this all planed from the beggining :fi_lone_ranger:( replace with a ninja )
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Arnold

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 09:25:41 am »
Quote from: 'Rhonald' pid='7162' dateline='1246591128'

I think I can hear music from "The Fiddler on the Roof" playing in the background. Maybe this darn instument can strum out Matchmaker.

Yes Rhonald , poor " TOPAL " with his TRADITION - TRADITION . I could see him now , telling us all off . That is a great example , what our brotherhood is faced with . Maybe the chinese have some Jewish blood in them ? Haha

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 11:20:36 am »
Sorry for going off topic.....
Chonger are you in Taishan?
I was there with Ling last time and man the driving there is even more nots than in Guangzhou!! Everyone seemed nuts about motorbikes there - see what i mean below ...they were everywhere!!

[attachment=242]
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Chong

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 11:54:10 am »
Quote from: 'Irishman' pid='7201' dateline='1246634436'

Sorry for going off topic.....
Chonger are you in Taishan?
I was there with Ling last time and man the driving there is even more nots than in Guangzhou!! Everyone seemed nuts about motorbikes there - see what i mean below ...they were everywhere!!

Irish ... is that "Pedestrian Walk" nearby. I'm staying at the Chinese Overseas Hotel right in the heart of Taishan & "PW". I've been here for 2 weeks and will be here till the 22nd.

I have never seen so many motorbikes / scooters ever. I'm staying here because I can speak Taishanese unlike trying to speak Cantonese/Mandarin elsewhere.

Other than the traffic, what did you think of Taishan ???
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 11:55:25 am by Chong »

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 01:02:56 pm »
Dunno what its called to be honest, Ling myself and chief chopper father went for a walk around there after dinner. Her parents family is right in the city centre.
I have a cool snake pastry bun there,her father recommended one of the street vendors there and it was very tasty, spicy but tasty.
I was only there for one day so didn't get to see much.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.