Author Topic: Engagement\Weddings Rings and bands  (Read 2918 times)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
Engagement\Weddings Rings and bands
« on: July 06, 2009, 08:18:52 pm »
Whats the deal?

Is it the same as in the west i.e. big ring is engagement ring for the lady, simple band for the husband and wife during wedding ceremony?
Does the lady buy the husbands ring or he buys both?

How does it work, particularly curious for people that have done this in Beijing area - Arnold?
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline maxx

RE: Engagement\Weddings Rings and bands
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 08:31:21 pm »
Each lady is different each part of China is different.Ask your lady what she thinks.My wife has the engament ring and the wedding band.She doesn't were the wedding band just the engagment ring.

I have a wedding band.The wedding band isn't required for the man in China.Yes I bought all the rings.

Arnold

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 09:21:10 pm »
Irish , I also bought mine in the States though . Qing's Ring as I have stated on Facebook ones is my late Wife's 2C special designed by me Ring that I was not going to let sit in a corner and gather dust . With this Ring , which by the way She loves and know's it's history , my late Wife will live on , with everytime I see/look at it and I will love Qing even more so , for wearing it . It's two Ring's but I had them soldered together as one . At the Ring exchange ceremony , I gave her mine and she put on the one for me which I gave her right there to put on my finger . It was no big deal , not like in the West with Ring barrier ( which is a Child usually ) none of that . After all , if you go with a wedding Co/Planner , they take care of everything , so not worry .

Offline Ed W

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 10:13:03 pm »
Arnold. I'd bet, and I'm not totally sure about this but, you give her a great honor to wear the ring of your deceased wife who meant so much to you. I suppose this could be interpreted in many ways but i just get the impression this would mean a great deal to honor her in this way. That life commitment sorta thing.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline Hajo

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 11:28:05 pm »
Ronan, as Maxx writes every lady is very different. Jin Yong and I will have no rings at all. She says, she is a simple woman and does not need a ring. She was a bit afraid to ask me about it, but in the end she was very happy as I agreed with her. That suits me well, as I don't need a ring. For us, the feelings is all that counts.
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Vince G

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 12:15:58 am »
My lady said almost the same as Hajo's. She said she didn't need a ring? I insisted we would have. She said, OK but no engagement ring. She's afraid to wear something that will bring attention (afraid she'll get mugged). So we left it as when I am there we will go shopping and see.

Offline Tiztom

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 12:40:05 am »
Cubic Zirconia..............simple, if she gets it checked she does not trust you, if she doesen't she'll never know the difference.

Offline Ed W

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 12:52:03 am »
Tiz, your not serious are you? It's funny but would anyone serious in their relationship risk doing somthing like that? NOT ME!
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Vince G

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 12:59:57 am »
Tiztom I can tell the fakes at 10 feet away. And if some girlfriend of hers sees something wrong? she might suggest to have it checked. OR after your married she wants to get it insured and then finds out? In any case your gonna look like a ass that started it all on a lie. You have to go into the relationship with TRUST, OR What are you doing? Setting yourself up for failure?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 01:01:19 am by Vince G »

Offline Agarn

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 03:08:29 am »
"Im a simple woman and i dont need a ring"

You wont hear that in the west often, more likly bigger and more expensive, but have you noticed on your visits there are very few women wearing rings, in fact any jewellery at all, got so save a lot of money over the years, haha

Offline Danny

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 04:31:32 am »
Quote from: 'Tiztom' pid='7608' dateline='1246941605'

Cubic Zirconia..............simple, if she gets it checked she does not trust you, if she doesen't she'll never know the difference.

That's a good joke.

But as my late wife used to say, in every joke half is true.

There are a lot of things you do with the full knowledge that no-one will know that you did the right thing.

It's from just really small things like picking up a piece of rubbish and throwing it into the bin. To big things when you could get something you want and you're almost certain you could get away with it.

I'm not a religious man, but I think that if you start doing dishonourable things, it eventually changes who you are.

There's a saying, the face of a person is what it is when they think no-one is looking at them.

And the same thing is, who you are, is what you are when no-one else is around to see what you are up to.

Offline victor-hills

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 05:36:07 am »
For me a wedding ring is a symbol of your love it dont matter how much it cost lets face it if you spent x amount on it do it really prove you love her anymore ?
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 09:35:12 am »
Well, I did the engagement ring. But as a nurse she doesnt wear it.  I bought the wedding bands and will take them with me next month.  She actually loves the matching necklace more than the ring.  I did not ask first, i just did it.  But, I got the impression that in Beijing this is normal.  Engagement ring and wedding bands and the man is responsible. however, It is not unusual for the woman not to wear any rings and for her to not take the husbands last name.  I got that from my Chinese friend here in Dalton.  She was from Chongqing.  So Irish, i guess i would ask.
Angel did not take her first husbands last name.  I guess as a professional woman, it is not unusual.  She said country women take the last name more than the city women do. So there again, I guess it is just preference and tradition in the family.  Makes it easy doesnt it. lol
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Peter

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 09:53:08 am »
I will give my wife a necklace instead of a ring. It is a special kind and something very unique..  There is only one like this in the whole world
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2009, 12:08:21 pm »
We have discussed wedding plans.  We have both been married before and before I got to China she has decided that there would be no ceremony just go to the office with our paperwork and pick up the red book.   We will have family dinner for her immediate family members and that is it.  She and her mother and uncles all say the money spent will be better in putting our futures secure.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,