Author Topic: My latest brainwave..Kuala Lumpur  (Read 4214 times)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
My latest brainwave..Kuala Lumpur
« on: July 08, 2009, 07:18:13 pm »
So, I was chatting to a Malaysian friend in work today and i was telling him about my forthcoming trip to China and that myself and Ling were thinking of going to Yunnan on holiday together for a week but I was now having doubts after chatting to another Ling I know online who just came back from there and said it rained all the time and the locals told her that its normal for the time of year..

My Malasian friend mentioned that Air Asia has really cheap flights and had I checked that? So I did and as chance would have it I can get a super cheap return flight to Tianjin airport for about 90 euro each - less than it would cost to go to Yunnan! A couple of other work mates have been there before and heartedly recommend visiting there - its cheap and a whole new country.
My Malaysian friend says that she will need a visa to enter but as China and Malaysia have close economic ties he reckons it should be very easy for her to get a visa.
Now here is the kicker, I have a single entry only visa for China so will need to get that renewed when we return...
I know that its a simple matter to do in Hong Kong but in Kuala Lumper I have no idea of the practicalities involved.
Anyone here have any advice?
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline maxx

RE: My latest brainwave..Kuala Lumpur
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 07:22:01 pm »
It's going to be bloody hot this tt=ime of year.I would take a look to see if your going to need a visa.Does ling have her passport and does she need a visa

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 08:16:31 pm »
I checked that out maxx. Its right on the equator and the average max is around 32C every month which is lower than Tianjin which is around 36C most days this time of year.
My colleague from there said it does have rain but its mostly short lived thunderstorms rather than monsoon rains like southern China gets at this time of year.
I dont need a Visa for there, but I will need a new one to re-enter China, Ling will need one but my Malaysian friend says this is easy for a Chinese person to get due to the fact that the countries have close economic ties. I'm going to put it to Ling tomorrow and see what she thinks.

Offline Uncle Brucie

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 09:06:40 pm »
irishman

I found this site before and saved it

i think if you just change the citizen ship it will help you out

http://www.visahq.com/citizens/Canada/

i know it says canada but have a look , i think this would help just about anybody anywhere

just a though and some help
My 2 cents  ????

Offline ssetho

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 09:53:53 pm »
Your Malaysian friend is right, I am from Kuala Lumpur and it is very easy for Chinese nationals to get a Malaysia visa. I am living in London and will be marrying my Chinese girlfriend in China and bringing her to live in Kuala Lumpur. I think it will be much easier for her to settle down there.

David5o

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 08:56:46 am »
KL is a great place to visit, loads of things to see and do. Even better, is Penang (my opinion), its an Island off the North West of Malaysia. They call it the Pearl of the Indian Ocean, and that is somewhere, i can really recommend. I used to go there on all my shorter vacations when i was working in Hong Kong......

But as you say, you have to sort out your Visa first. I have known them to issue a exit /re-entry visa on a single entry visa before now, .... check it out, as that may of only been available, for foreign resident companies, who normally had a Fixer to sort out these sort of things..... They call them ''Local Liaison Officers''

What this site needs, is someone in China, preferably in Beijing, to find a good Fixer. ie Someone that knows the government agencies inside out, along with many other contacts and influences. ALL the foreign companies have them, there worth there weight in gold, ... believe me. For a small fee you will be amazed at what these guys can do for you, and in amazingly short times too..... Some even have influence in the main foreign Embassy's too (now ....think what that can do for members!!)   Check it out, and see if someone here can find one!!

David.....
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 05:00:35 am by David5o »

Offline Peter

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 05:42:56 pm »
How about meeting her in Malaysia.. She can take a plane there and so can you too from Europe. Then you will only go back with her to China and enter once.. I guess the cost will be the same as you still have to buy tickets...
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Arnold

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 02:07:56 am »
Hey " SPY " , is that Tea your drinking there ? It sure gives you great Idea's :idea:

I would of had a chance to see Kuala Lumpur , if the darn Singapore Airlines didn't cancel my Flight date back in May '08 . I would not except a free Ticket from them now , bastard's .

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 05:30:12 am »
That would be an idea Peter but she's never been there before and neither have i, so much could go wrong there!
She's pretty excited about the idea so looks like that's what we will do.
Regarding the visa I'm going to book our stay there finished a day before I need to fly home in case the embassy there wont give foreigner's a China visa - will fly to HK instead and get it there. I've asked Ling to email the KL Chinese embassy and ask them if they will furnish foreigners with Visa's or not so we can plan appropriately. This is gonna be one awesome trip!

David5o

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 07:46:44 am »
Sure they will issue foreigners with visa's to China, It's an embassy, i often had to fly to Paris to get Visa's to enter SA. Only because they could get the visa's issued quicker there than in London.

Embassy's are like a little bit of legal territory in another country, so they can issue visa's to whoever they want to. The country they happen to be in has no call on who and who cannot be issued with a visa to there own country.....  Full speed ahead mate ...hahaha!!

If you get the time and have the funds, try Penang out too...... you will never see beaches of the like, as you will see there..... picture postcard stuff  ....hahaha!!

David.....
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 10:31:36 am by David5o »