Author Topic: Is Certificate of No Impediment Required?  (Read 9046 times)

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
RE: Is Certificate of No Impediment Required?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 05:21:11 pm »
Good timing Rhonald, I just got a call from my lawyer, I see her in an hour.  I'll be dealing with the Vancouver consulate though since I'm in BC but everything else should be the same.  Fingers crossed I can time this right.  32 days til I leave.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 11:45:19 am »
Hi guy's just this minute back from the local regisra in my home town...

To get a certificate of no impediment, you will need:
Your Birth Certificate,
Your Passport,
Your Decree Absolute,
Proof of your Address
Date of Wedding
Time of Wedding
(if you do not have the 'time', he can go no further in 'his' documentation until you have it, he showed me the procedure)
Place of Wedding, (Province, town/city, address of office)
And a fee of £30.00 in my county

Also:huh:

From your lady you will need:
Her name in English,
If divorced, what her married name was,
her Home Address
Her Occupation

That is me now on my way of sorting these items out.  Today I got my Statutory document translated in Mandarin, my next step is to get the Certificate of no impediment legalised by the registra, then getting 'it' translated..
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 01:22:20 pm by Scottish_Rob »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 05:13:53 pm »
Wow Rob, they make you dance the Scottish jig more there then for us here in Canada. Best of luck with all that red tape.:huh:
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 12:45:07 pm »
Thanks Rhonald, now here's the thing, if that's the info they need for that document?, With the amount of immigrants that come to Britain, what info do they need to get???:s:huh:

He he already have most of the info I needed, but wrote a letter to Keren last night, asking for the details etc, bet when she reads it, she will be like WTF? hehehe
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 12:46:46 pm by Scottish_Rob »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 03:55:44 am »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='8698' dateline='1247759119'

Hi guy's just this minute back from the local regisra in my home town...

To get a certificate of no impediment, you will need:
Your Birth Certificate,
Your Passport,
Your Decree Absolute,
Proof of your Address
Date of Wedding
Time of Wedding
(if you do not have the 'time', he can go no further in 'his' documentation until you have it, he showed me the procedure)
Place of Wedding, (Province, town/city, address of office)
And a fee of £30.00 in my county

Also:huh:

From your lady you will need:
Her name in English,
If divorced, what her married name was,
her Home Address
Her Occupation

That is me now on my way of sorting these items out.  Today I got my Statutory document translated in Mandarin, my next step is to get the Certificate of no impediment legalised by the registra, then getting 'it' translated..

Hi Rob - I have a certificate of no impediment you can have - you will only have to scrub out the name of the woman that I am no longer marrying.  

When I went to the registrars I only took my passport -proof of my address ie water bill, I Had no dewtails of when the marriage wouldbe other than it would be in Zhuhai China.  He then took the £30 and three weeks later I collected the certificate (Wonder if I can get a refund on this one)

No iea why your registrar needs a date of marriage - there is no place on the certificate he gave me for that information.

The rest of your info is what I supplied
Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 03:24:45 am »
I can only think that it has recently been brought in...:huh:

And thanks or the offer mate...

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2009, 12:31:45 pm »
I spoke to Keren and asked her for the info mentioned above, She is adament that I dont need that certificate in Qingdao, she checked with the agency bosses, but the rest of you guy's better check your own ladies area's..

Offline ssetho

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2009, 08:40:27 pm »
I spoke to my girlfriend in Wuhan as well and she said, I don't need this certificate as well. She said I only need the Self declaration single letter. Now, I am totally confused!

Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='9505' dateline='1248280305'

I spoke to Keren and asked her for the info mentioned above, She is adament that I dont need that certificate in Qingdao, she checked with the agency bosses, but the rest of you guy's better check your own ladies area's..

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2009, 10:34:09 pm »
Hi Guys

The rules I got here from the Chinese Embassy say that they only want a " Single Certificate". This document first, in English comes from your local Registrar of Hatches, Matches and Despatches " :):) (Births, Marriages and Deaths.)

This document needs Certifying by the Foreign Affairs Dept of your Government.

After this process, it needs to go to the Chinese Embassy for their Certification and Authentication which gets permanently attached to the Original Document.

I am assured by them that this process is the definitive requirement of any Chinese Marriage to a Foreigner

Cheers....David

Offline ssetho

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2009, 02:13:06 pm »
I just got married in Wuhan. Yes, the Single Status Certificate is definitely required. Check out http://www.mychinalove.net/marrying_in_china_1.php

Quote from: 'David E' pid='9917' dateline='1248575649'

Hi Guys

The rules I got here from the Chinese Embassy say that they only want a " Single Certificate". This document first, in English comes from your local Registrar of Hatches, Matches and Despatches " :):) (Births, Marriages and Deaths.)

After this process, it needs to go to the Chinese Embassy for their Certification and Authentication which gets permanently attached to the Original Document.

I am assured by them that this process is the definitive requirement of any Chinese Marriage to a Foreigner

Cheers....David

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2009, 04:59:29 pm »
Congrats Ssetho.  Pictures, we need pictures.  I was also married in Wuhan.  If you did not know where the office was, you would never find it. But the girl there was very helpful. Especially since my single cert wasnt translated to Chinese like it was supposed to be.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Danny

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2009, 03:40:40 am »
Here is the advice from the Australian embassy in Shanghai:

The Consulate-General is unable to confirm requirements for marrying in China which vary considerably between provincial marriage offices. You should first contact the marriage bureau in the city where you intend to marry to confirm their requirements.  

And here is the advice from me:

God only knows what is actually is required. It amazes me that anyone at all manages to get married in this crazy place.

I have had the Wuhan Marraige Registry ask me to go back to the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages in Victoria (where I live) and ask them to provide the information needed for the Certificate of Single Status in the same format and wording that is provided by the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages in New South Wales (another Australian state). If anyone has had any dealings with bureaucrats anywhere, they don't change the format of certificates for anyone. So for the past couple of months we are deadlocked between the Marriage Registry in Wuhan and the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages here in Melbourne. No-one is going to budge.

I am going to offer to get a Certificate of No Impediment from the Australian Embassy in Shanghai, when I'm passing through on my way to Wuhan, and see if that can settle the thing.

If I can't work it out soon, I might just engage a lawyer there in Wuhan and try to get them to try to find a way through. I sure as hell can't.

I try not think about how sweet it would be to cut myself free from this god awful mess.
Quote from: 'David E' pid='9917' dateline='1248575649'

Hi Guys

Cheers....David

I'll tell my woman about this when she visits the Wuhan Marriage Registry next time (for about the twentieth time). It will give her something to laugh about as she spends the afternoon in the queue . . .
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 03:46:21 am by Danny »

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2009, 04:29:37 am »
What David E has said is correct , Danny and it can be stamped at the R E C office in Toorak Rd , do not know when you are heading over , but the papers are only valid for a limited time , so I guess you cannot get married 5 times in the month ha ha , regards Ying and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Danny

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2009, 04:39:10 am »
Quote from: 'RobertBfrom aust' pid='23975' dateline='1259141377'

What David E has said is correct , Danny and it can be stamped at the R E C office in Toorak Rd , do not know when you are heading over , but the papers are only valid for a limited time , so I guess you cannot get married 5 times in the month ha ha , regards Ying and Robert .

I have had them authorised by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and also by the Chinese Embassy in Toorak Road. My documents were gratefully accepted by the Wuhan Registry of Marriage. But they want something else: a certificate of single status, which in Victoria is called something else, a Certificate of No Record (of marriage). Eventually it will be sorted out, I am sure. It such complete and utter nonsense. All the information they are asking for is in the Certificate of No Record. But the fact that it does not have the heading, "Certificate of Single Status" means for them it is insufficient.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2009, 05:02:43 am »
Danny , depending on your timing , maybe an official letter from the hatch,match and dispatch dept stating that they are the one and the same / translated into Chinese and then certified by Toorak rd might be the answer or send an email to Shanghai alert them to the hassle and include phone numbers of an official in Wuhan in a follow up email if required , good luck , Ying and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info