Author Topic: visa-d when i am in china  (Read 1039 times)

ttwjr32

visa-d when i am in china
« on: July 13, 2009, 11:18:50 am »
[/size][/b]  I have looked for this in the posts but either i missed it or this hasnt been covered yet. I am in the process of leaving california and i am going to Guangzhou to marry and live. My lady has her own house and will add me to her residence book. Everywere i look i get bits and pieces on this but nothing really clear on this subject. Outside of that it is best to do this when in China.

So my travel visa will expire in 90 days and i want to apply for residence with my wife. She wants to stay till she retires in 5 years which is fine with me. been to china and love it there.  Is there anyone here who did this and is now in China living with their wife??  I dont expect it to be a snap but when i go i will have nothing but my clothes and money and the love of a good lady. After i get this completed then i will apply for teaching jobs or possibly teach english to children from the company she works for.

Her boss and a few freinds will help with this as they are also excited that i am coming to my lady. So has anyone done this and how often do you need to renew after you do.

Thanks
Ted

Offline China Shark

RE: visa-d when i am in china
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 11:32:33 am »
Ted, this is how you do it. Get yourself a multiple entry visa a few weeks before you 90 day expires. Easiest place would be to do this in Hong Kong which is only a couple hours away from Guangzhou. You can duck in and out of the country with no worries. By that time you should have a sponsor who can vouch for you and get started on a work visa or a permanent residency permit. Both allow you to work and live in China with no impedements. My first employer had my residency permit ready in three weeks, I'm good until February 11, 2010. Work visas are a little more difficult to get but if your ladie's company is tight with govt. officials your cool. Teaching jobs in Guangzhou are everywhere, pay is not as good as Shenzhen though. I've been here 6 months and teaching coming up on 5 months, great work and don't have to work like a slave to live comfortable. Here's my email if any questions or concerns seal03@gmail.com, pm if you need my cell number. Maybe we can meet up, thinking about making a few trips to Guangzhou in August and maybe October.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

ttwjr32

RE: visa-d when i am in china
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 11:35:09 am »
Quote from: 'China Shark' pid='8412' dateline='1247499153'

Ted, this is how you do it. Get yourself a multiple entry visa a few weeks before you 90 day expires. Easiest place would be to do this in Hong Kong which is only a couple hours away from Guangzhou. You can duck in and out of the country with no worries. By that time you should have a sponsor who can vouch for you and get started on a work visa or a permanent residency permit. Both allow you to work and live in China with no impedements. My first employer had my residency permit ready in three weeks, I'm good until February 11, 2010. Work visas are a little more difficult to get but if your ladie's company is tight with govt. officials your cool. Teaching jobs in Guangzhou are everywhere, pay is not as good as Shenzhen though. I've been here 6 months and teaching coming up on 5 months, great work and don't have to work like a slave to live comfortable. Here's my email if any questions or concerns seal03@gmail.com, pm if you need my cell number. Maybe we can meet up, thinking about making a few trips to Guangzhou in August and maybe October.
China Shark Mike

Mike,
Wouldnt my wife work as my sponsor for residency??  After we marry we just apply that i will stay with her and then seek work after i recieve this. on govt posts they dont answer this but they do mention that a relative can apply for your residency. Just want to have my ducks lined up and i plan on going at the end of August. Can get a 1way flight for under 500 usa dollars. Sure i would love to meet up with you and maybe have a beer or two. Her boss said i could teach employees kids english and the employees will pay me for that but i guess i would need a work permit for that?  thanks for the reply  If you know anyone who is just living with their wife there please give them my email address    ttwjr1956@yahoo.com   I faintly remember meeting a lady on the bus in guangzhou when i was there and she was explianing to me she was going to renew her husbands residency that day so he had another year to live there. they were living there untill she could retire and go back to the usa. says its a pain and showed me the folder she was taking in.  that was in 2005

ted
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 11:44:41 am by ttwjr32 »