Author Topic: When she cries for you.  (Read 5362 times)

Offline Ed W

When she cries for you.
« on: July 15, 2009, 04:36:06 pm »
This morning, like most mornings, my wife and I had met on QQ for our video call. After a few minutes she writes in chinese "I miss you". So i drag it to google translate and read what she said and i look back to the video and streams of tears were running down her face. I've never felt so helpless in my life. What could you possible say to help her from missing her husband? All i could do was reasure her that things will be ok in time and we will overcome all obsticles.

But honestly, i felt sooo helpless to comfort her when she really needed it. Anyone else had this happen?
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
RE: When she cries for you.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 05:29:13 pm »
Angel has only done it twice.  You are right. You feel so helpless that you cannot comfort her.  Like when she is ill. Or has a pain somewhere that you could help ease it by a massage or something like that.  I t actually happened a couple of days ago.  She was having a back spasm, I told her to get a massage at work (in the hospital).  She said she didnt want anyone else to do it but me, then the tears came.  I wanted to get on a plane right then.  But, it is only another 25 days before I get there. I know exactly what you mean.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 06:25:29 pm »
I really feel so lucky that I have Zhou here, you guys are truely breaking my heart, I don't know what I would do if I could not comfort her at those times she needs to be held, it's hard enough when she crys for any reason.
I pray for you all that one day soon you will all be as lucky as I am, oh and Nik and Fei now.
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 06:38:21 pm »
Jeeze Ed thats a tough one, I suppose you can just be a man and say nice things to her and try and make her feel like you are with her there in spirit, make her realise that though you cannot touch her you can feel her emotions and are there for her no matter what.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 07:26:03 pm »
Keren has said this to me in a few letters, it's true all you can do is try and comfort them through words.

You feel soooo helpless and it breaks your heart:huh:

Arnold

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 12:44:35 am »
I know too , what it's like . The time she was sick and at the Hospital the two times I called , makes you really feel like dopping everything and going over there ... but , we all know we want to , but our Job's ( if we still have one ) are too important in this Economy . If I was making 20 - 30 Million a Movie , how this would become NO problem ? Real fast !!!

Reminds me of something my Uncle said a while back .
" You two have the perfect Marriage ... can do whatever you want ... go wherever you please ... come Home when you want to ... no nagging Wife ... ect. ect. , but does that really make you ' HAPPY " ?  I rather have my Sweetheart here and comfort her or she comfort me , whenever we need it . I told him , that was not funny .
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 12:51:27 am by Arnold »

Offline Danny

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 03:40:12 am »
Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='8766' dateline='1247805875'

Reminds me of something my Uncle said a while back .
" You two have the perfect Marriage ... can do whatever you want ... go wherever you please ... come Home when you want to ... no nagging Wife ... ect. ect. , but does that really make you ' HAPPY " ?  I rather have my Sweetheart here and comfort her or she comfort me , whenever we need it . I told him , that was not funny .

My wife passed away a year ago. Even now I remember walking up the hill to my home and some nights I would be really happy because I knew she was going out with her friends and so I would have the night to myself.

You sure do miss them when they're not around any more.

What do you call that? irony? the getting of wisdom? the contrariness of our hearts? the grass always being greener on the far hill? Who knows . . .

I suppose the only thing to keep in mind that if you finally end up under the same roof, is to treasure every moment you have with them, and to make every day a good and happy one, to love and adore your woman for ever day that you have together.

Offline Darius

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 04:35:32 am »
Lonely in my secluded chamber,

A thousand sorrows fill every inch
      of my sensitive being.

Regretting that spring has so soon passed,

That rain drops have hastened the falling flowers,

I lean over the balustrade,

Weary and depressed.

Where is my beloved?

Only the fading grassland
      stretches endlessly toward the horizon;

Anxiously I watch the road for your return.        ( Li Qingzhao )

Dont worry Eddie, She was maybe just telling you how much she loves you.

Offline Danny

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 05:23:17 am »
Quote from: 'Darius' pid='8887' dateline='1247906132'

She was maybe just telling you how much she loves you.

It's a beautiful poem and thought, Darius. Thanks.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 03:12:56 pm »
Upon the valley's lap
the dewy morning throws
A thousand pearly drops
to wake a single rose

So often in the course
of life's few fleeting years
a single pleasure costs
the soul a thousand tears

(sorry) I can not remember the author of this poem
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 05:00:40 pm »
It has been only a day and some hours and already I feel as though some one has ripped out a part of my soul.

When we’re apart you’re all I think of.
I long to see your eyes and smile.
Eyes that sparkles like precious gems.
A smile that lights up my heart with joy and love,
like the Light of the World shining down from Heaven.
I long to hold your hand.
Just a touch warms my soul on the coldest day.
I long to hold you in my arms.
Arms that give me such a sense of security
that nothing could ever take you from me.
I long to kiss your precious lips.
Lips as sweet as candy exploding with passion.

Forgive me if when we’re together
I can’t stop adoring your divine beauty.
Even though you don’t tell me you love me,
I know what love feels and looks like.
I see love glistening in your eyes.
I feel love in the warmth of you hands
and in the tremble of you kiss.
You may not be sure that you love me yet,
but I have no doubts that you do.

I often think I’m the luckiest man in the world,
but God constantly reminds me that is not so.
It is His blessing, not luck
for me to have an angel like you.

I can't find out who the author is, but thought it fit here.
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 08:19:40 pm »
Webcam is a great invention. Last night my wife was excited in showing me two new outfits she bought. Before you guys jump to the wrong idea, they were 2 full length dresses - elegant in design. It was a joy seeing how happy she was. Calgary has a fairly good percentage of Chinese people here, and with our new office downtown, I get to see many beautiful asian girls. Just seeing them and seeing my wife on webcam makes me miss her so much more.

Some of you married guys still waiting for your wife's visa after many months, well I can draw strength from your patience. A question though: What was worse, the wait before physicaly meeting them the first time, or now waiting for the visa?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 08:20:02 pm by Rhonald »

Offline maxx

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 01:57:19 am »
No question about it.Waiting for the visa.That was 11 months of living hell.With no end in site.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 02:57:27 am »
Quote from: 'maxx' pid='9817' dateline='1248501439'

No question about it.Waiting for the visa.That was 11 months of living hell.With no end in site.

Thanks, I guess I need patience or I need to be a doctor. Soon will be your wedding aniversary Arnold. Hang in there and soon you will be holding her in your arms. I am starting to agree with you Arnold, but if I am lucky, I won't have as long as a wait.

Arnold

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 10:19:41 pm »
Quote from: 'Rhonald' pid='9790' dateline='1248481180'
Some of you married guys still waiting for your wife's visa after many months, well I can draw strength from your patience. A question though: What was worse, the wait before physicaly meeting them the first time, or now waiting for the visa?

Rhonald , we all know how hard it is to wait for that first meeting to get here , especially if one had to wait up to a year for that to happen .
But after each time having to leave her behind , if it's ones it's hard enough .. but to do it over and over ? There is nothing harder believe me . While waiting for the Visa to come through , you can alway's go see here inbetween the 11 -12 month's it takes . So , I actually don't even think about the Visa Interview date that much , it's the month's that go by not being with you Lady . I myself would have never thought , that I needed to come up with so much Patience as I do now . I don't know why I just don't start crying some day's , because everybody has their Limit or the Tank runs dry . I know it is not far from that for both me and my Wife . It really feels like a Prison sentance , with nobody to blame ... because we chose this route for a Spouse that is as Special as Special can be .