Author Topic: Going to Beijing and Wuhan  (Read 4091 times)

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
Going to Beijing and Wuhan
« on: July 16, 2009, 10:58:57 am »
I have been a member here since about the day facebook was started.  I have had a very long journey to this point and so many of the Brothas here have helped me along the way.  Two trips to China.  I havent formally announced this until now.  I will be leaving for Beijing on August 10th and returning sometime about October 10th.  I am marrying my Angel (YunXiang) on August 21st in Wuhan.  We will go to Wuhan on the 18th and return to Beijing to our apartment on the 24th.  First off if any one of the Brothas are going to be in Wuhan you are all invited to the ceremony.  Thankfully Dinger and Bong wont be there so the cost of dinner will be manageable.  Lol.  I wish they could be there though.  They have been my close support here.  But anyone travelling to Beijing during the time I am there is more than welcome to contact me and we will get together.  Irish and I are so we can try drinking "China Dry"  instead of "Canada Dry". Should not be too much of a problem for two Irishmen.
As soon as I get my phone number there I will give it to Dinger.  That way anyone needing help or wanting to get together can get in touch.  I plan on going to see a couple of agencies while I am there just to see how their things work.   I want to find the translator that sucked me dry by not giving my EMF's to Angel and writing pretending to be her.  I do not know why these women are afraid of the agencies.  Angel has made me swear that i will not cause a fuss.  I told her I wont, (but let that translator try to con me and I make no promises then).  We have not told them that we are getting married so that is one reason I have to be quiet.  As far as they are concerned when we met we had no chemistry.  I refuse to pay those bloodsuckers that kind of money for a con that turned into something great, no thanks to them.  The Chinese and Americans/Westerners think exactly the opposite on these matters.  They look at the end result, we look at how they got there.  The road being littered with bodies bothers us no end while they just think, did we win?  That is a very good lesson for the new guys just starting out in this thing of ours.  That and the 24 hour rule is very important to know.  As I have learned the hard way by almost blowing this whole thing.
Anyway I just wanted to tell anyone going there to feel free to look us up. If we can help anyone we will try.  If we start traveling around China, I will look the guys up that are there. Angel will be off the first month, but the second month she will be back to work so I will have some free time.  I do plan on going to Viet Nam.  That was a big thing in my life so I want to see people there maybe find some friends or relatives lol.  
I will keep people filled in on my new blog. Hopefully our apartment will have internet.  I di tel her three things I wanted, 24/7 ac, private showers and internet,  The rest i could care less about.  Except a squat toilet, I dont think i will have much of a choice there.  Two trips and I havent had to use one yet.  But this time i surely will. Really not looking forward to that.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
RE: Going to Beijing and Wuhan
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 11:08:27 am »
Best wishes to you and Angel Jim, i'm sure your have a beautiful wedding and am really looking forward to trying out the "China Dry" haha with you.
We better find a place that doesnt have those squatter toilets!, I used one last time and have to admit it wasn't the most pleasant experience even though there was no mishaps.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Chong

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 11:44:49 am »
Two drunk Irishmen trying to navigate a Squat Toilet. That I gotta see !! :icon_cool:

Sarge / Dad ... All the best to you & Angel :angel: & ChaChing.

Vince G

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 02:35:18 pm »
Sarge I salute you and hope you find your happiness.

Offline Hajo

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 02:48:48 pm »
Sounds really great Jim! I would love to meet up for a beer, but as told you I will be back in Urumqi when you arrive in Beijing. But who knows, maybe some other time. I wish you and Angel all the best!
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Chet Sams

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 04:54:36 pm »
You get married on my birthday. Ya going to wuhan in august. Ill be there in december well christmas to be exact there. So i wont get to party with ya. But it is always good to hear happiness is all around. Watch out for the heat there. Hear its a furnace there. Best to ya Jim.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 04:55:27 pm by Chet Sams »

Offline maxx

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 06:37:28 pm »
good luck and best wishes to you and your lady.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 07:02:25 pm »
Well done Jim , may you and Angel have a terrific time ,and as will the Brotha's , I will be looking for your updates , regards Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

shaun

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 11:57:03 pm »
Jim, congrats, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Offline Danny

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 03:43:21 am »
Quote from: 'JimB' pid='8690' dateline='1247756337'

Irish and I are so we can try drinking "China Dry"  instead of "Canada Dry". Should not be too much of a problem for two Irishmen.

What a lucky fellow you are Jim. If you're getting close to drinking it dry, leave a few cases under the bed for when I get to China in September *laughs*

Offline Darius

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 06:21:13 am »
JimB... you are our man. Turning the match around to a wonderful relationship. My best wishes to you and your soon to be Wife. But Jim think about Maxx 24 hours rule when you see the translator... for his sake not yours..

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 05:46:17 pm »
Thank you for all the good wishes.  It has been a trying journey and we still have a long way to go. We both know that we are very lucky to have found each other.  It is an amazing thing, the internet. This will be my 3rd trip to China since last September, the 2nd one to see her.  I know I am staying for 2 months this time and maybe more, depending on a number of things happening or not happening.  In one year my life has done a complete turn around.  If you would have told me a year ago I would be doing this, i would have asked to have what you were smoking. lol.  I am completely happy with this decision.  Do i have concerns?  Of course.  There are times i think, What the hell am i doing?  Then I talk to her and know why. We have become completely comfortable with each other.  To me that is a big thing.  Her English is getting better all of the time. I can now tease her and not have to explain it.   I also know the next year is going to be tough. Although we have one major issue/hurdle to get over.  it is going to be the toughest one of all and I do not know exactly how we are going to settle it.  The mattress.  She loves sleeping on the damn hard thing, I cannot stand it. I am used to sleeping on my memory foam and she sleeps on oak.  lol.  We both like to cuddle with each other.   Knowing I would be coming back, on my last trip I left a full size air mattress.  So I will just have to get her started on that and then get her to the memory foam.  I think I will go to Sams club and see if they have a memory foam mattress topper. lol
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Danny

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 07:00:43 pm »
Jim

It's really good to hear. It's such an encouragement to hear people who manage to work it all out. You've done really well.

You can buy mattresses that have different densities on different sides. They advertise them on the television here in Melbourne. I've never slept on one and I am imagine that they cost a bit more, but for the pleasure of sharing a bed, it is money well spent, that's for sure.

Danny

Offline Chong

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 07:08:37 pm »
Or a 1/4" - 2' x 6' plywood sheet for her side of the bed ... :icon_cheesygrin:  ... Sarge, Watch out for splinters when you roll over to snuggle.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 07:09:43 pm by Chong »

Arnold

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 10:10:31 pm »
Quote from: 'Chong' pid='8851' dateline='1247872117'

Or a 1/4" - 2' x 6' plywood sheet for her side of the bed ... :icon_cheesygrin:  ... Sarge, Watch out for splinters when you roll over to snuggle.

No Chong , that would invite Termite's or even better yet , they could play Ping Pong in Bed .:icon_cheesygrin: