Author Topic: Nanning  (Read 2121 times)

Offline Freddie

Nanning
« on: July 16, 2009, 12:24:04 pm »
So guys here it is. I'm making my first trip Sept. 29 - Oct. 12. I'm visiting the woman whom I hope will eventually become my wife. From what I've read here I have to prepare for worst case up to somewhat disappointing scenarios.  

Worse case - and I've read here about it happening to one guy,  she doesn't show up at all. Now I've got 2 weeks to kill.  

Somewhat disappointing - for whatever reason things go off kilter sometime during the trip. Now I've got x number of days to fill.

Prepaid return flights(internal and international) in place, megabucks to change details, etc.

Any expats in or around Nanning that can suggest things to do? Maybe even take in a border for a couple of weeks. Lol. No. Seriously.  

I've got the 'go to agency to check out other local women' thing listed.

Beyond that - nada.

Freddie.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
RE: Nanning
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 12:35:04 pm »
Freddie, I wish i knew on my first trip what i know now.
You have read up and will be far better prepared than I was first time.
If i were you i would make an alternate plan - the oh crap its not gonna work out plan!
Do you think you could pick yourself off the floor and head to the agency?
Do you think you couldn't do that? - then read up everything about Nanning and what there is to do there and how to get the hell outta there and just have a holiday.

We all think we are going to have the greatest time when we go there but real life is different to the one that lives on the computer as many have found, myself included. It is prudent to make alternate plans in case the worst happens.

I hope you never have to put the Plan B into action Freddie, have a great trip.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 12:45:16 pm »
I do not know Nanning.  If you like history, I would take the train to Xi'an.  That is where the Terra Cotta Soldiers are. A 6000 year old village, the birthplace of Chinese Buddhism, Temples and so much more.  Of course you could go to Beijing, there are a number of things there too.  The Wall, tiannemon Square,
Summer Palace, Mao's Tomb, The palace of good harvests, The Zoo and many other things to do there also.  Unless you wanted to just stay in Nanning, there are a lot of other places to go to.  The train is cheap and so are in country flights.  Just dont book them online, you will pay up to twice as much.  I found that out.  Most of the time, let her book you into the hotel.  She will get it at a cheaper rate than you can.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 05:06:57 pm »
Well, have a nice trip, Mr Krugger ;) don't lose your "fingers" in the flight, too :D
and about many things you have already thought about, don't forget the 24 h rule's ^^

I wish you a nice trip, I will leave for China approximatively at the same dates as you, but not the same destination ;)
- Let's Rock -

Offline Freddie

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 02:17:41 pm »
Thanks guys. Unfortunately the cost of the flights has me in a position of having to do local whatever I do. If things work out I'll come back in a few years with the misses for a sightseeing trip. If the relationship goes tits up on this frist trip it'll be my last time trying the international internet relationship thing.

Freddie.

Offline mickw

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 03:36:41 pm »
Freddie
I was in Nanning in 2007 to meet a lady,not from chn love incidentally ,we were ok but not just the one for me ,so after 10 days i returned to Guangzhou,we parted as friends and still chat now and again on yahoo messenger.

Nanning is a great city with fantastic climate almost year round,called as you will maybe know  ,the green city ,because of its lush vegitation and flowers etc. Great cheap as chips shopping with big malls and also the smaller market areas,where i bought my little daughter countless unique outfits for next to nothing

A great day out is to visit the Detian falls which lies on the river thqat forms the  chinese/vietnam border,and en route you will pass through some of the most unusual varied and strange scenery you will witness in china,its about a 4 hour trip to get there but well worth it,and we got lunch thrown in at a restaurant en route check this link for details

http://www.chinadiscover.net/china-tour/guilinguide/guangxi-detian-waterfall.htm

Im sure your lady will know of the waterfalls. Most hotels run trips there

As most of the guys have said do make contingency plans in case your meeting goes tits up ,get the address of the agency your lady used and head back there if it dont work out.There will be plenty more available no doubt .

Keep positive my man and i hope things work out for you and your lady ,and keep us informed whatever the outcome.

Good luck

Mike

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 08:31:26 pm »
I'm planning on going back at the end of September as well to Nanning probably around the 27th, I will probably already be in the city when you arrive haha... Very cool haha my last adventure ended harshly, but I had a hell of a good time.  Nanning is a very interesting city, lots to see and do, and damn good noodles ^_^

If you have any difficulties when there I have several contacts in Nanning and can help you get around from memory with good english directions haha ^_^

I hope to be moving to Nanning before the end of the year if all goes well the next couple of months.
Can't fix stupid.

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 05:03:33 am »
I would add a comment, because of "local" flights in China

www.ctrip.com

I used that website when I was in Chongqing, and it was helpful (even if I didn't check the airport destination in Beijing...:D)

About your story, I would say that if both of you and your lady believe in it, then there is no reason nothing would work for you ;)
'seems like chinese women are really familiar with the word : "waiting" (positive point of view)
- Let's Rock -