Author Topic: Air Lines change airports US China trip.com  (Read 3661 times)

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
Air Lines change airports US China trip.com
« on: May 06, 2009, 04:16:27 pm »
I am in the process of booking my flight for August.  I have a choice of airlines however the cheapest ones i have to change from LaGuardia to Kennedy in new York, has anyone done this and how much of a hassle is it.  I am going for two months so I will have a ton of luggage and I dont really care to have to get it all and lug it, however it makes about $400 difference in the ticket price for me.  Has anyone used uschinatrip.com?  I dont have the final price yet but the come on says $645 from Chattanooga, Tn to Beijing.  So before I do this, I was just wondering. Also, i will never fly united again if I can possibly help it.  What about China Air and the 744 they fly.  To me KAL is the best for all around but this time they are quite a bit more.
Thanks as always.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Ed W

Re: Air Lines change airports US China trip.com
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 06:43:34 pm »
Don't hesitate to call the phone number and work with an agent. I did this with the flychina.com site and got a pretty good deal for my flights and hotel.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 08:06:25 pm »
Jim, Who else could give you the lowdown of NY airports? They may have a shuttle bus between the two. Call the airline and ask they will know. Or if you can get to Jamaica station (cab or bus) (half way between) there is a Airtrain (Like a monorail, no driver all computer) that takes you to JFK. Free? But the luggage will be a pain in the butt. What about taking a flight from Atlanta? to JFK?

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 03:01:53 am »
Jim , do not overload yourself , you will be heading into bloody hot weather , a lot of over 100 F so work out 2 weeks worth of clothes , as clothes will dry in hours and the Laundry's for pants are cheap , I packed 2 weeks worth and only used half .
 And off the main tourist traps clothes can be cheap if you leave a lovely lady to do the haggling .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Gautam

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 12:26:22 pm »
Air China is not my favourit airline but better than KAL.

Also listen to the advice travel light and if worst comes to worst you could always buys some clothes there - everything is made in China!!!!

Offline Norb Smith

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 12:41:09 pm »
Are you saying my Wranglers are made in China..........lol
To have good neighbors, you need to be a good neighbor

Offline JimB

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 03:52:05 pm »
As it turns out I am going to use KDCAL travel agency from uschinatrip.com.  Total price is $875.00 roundtrip from Chattanooga, Tn. to Beijing.  The next cheapest fare I could find was $1375.00  No long layovers.  It is on Delta and KAL so I am happy with that. My skymiles are good too.  After this trip I will almost be able to get a free ticket to China.  I just happened to stumble on them, dumb luck. Now lets see if they fulfill.  
Thanks for all of the Info.  I have decided to ship some things over before I go.  Save me from having to carry all that crap.   We are renting an apartment.  There is no Wal mart there YET. So we need a number of things that I already have and will leave.  Plus with the wedding I am going to need clothes.  I am taking at least three suits  First impressions on most of the family.  So yea I am taking way too many clothes.  Angel calls me a clothes horse.  I sometimes change clothes twice a day.  That is just my nature. Plus gifts so., I am having to  lug a lot of stuff. That is why I did not want to change airports.

Vince G

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 05:14:26 pm »
:lol:   http://www.wal-martchina.com/  Walmart, Sams Club, Home Depot and any other big corps ARE IN CHINA. Where? I don't know that cities but...

I've always thought of sending anything needed there. So I don't have to carry it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:02:25 am by Vince G »

Offline JimB

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 07:41:23 pm »
http://www.wal-martchina.com/english/wa ... ina.htm#sc

I should have known Wal Mart would be there.  they are not in Beijing but are in Wuhan.  They have a Sams Club in Beijing.  I will have to go there when we get to Wuhan for the wedding.  Now wouldnt that be something,  Having a wedding in Wal Mart.  You think they would pick up the tab for the publicity?
Probably have to have it in the home and garden center. lol

yes, I am talking about that also with the tools and things.  If it doesnt have AC i am not living there.
 I am making a whole big transition.  Before leaving, I am moving all of my things into storage near my daughters.  That is in Savannah.  Shutting down my condo here in Dalton.  It is sold.  So when i come back i am moving into my daughters home while her husband goes to Afghanistan for a year.  By the  time he gets back, hopefully Angel will be here so we will go into a place of our own with Chingching.  My retirement starts.

Offline maxx

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 08:10:08 pm »
Vince and JimB.I wouldn't take to many things or ship to many things to China.The shipping prices alone .Are going to floor you.Just buy it in China.That is where most of it was made anyway.

About the only thing you can't buy in China for real Cheap is guns and explosives.Everything else is there.And there is usually four or five stores right next door to each other.That sell the exact same things.

Need a new pair of shoes walk down to the open market around the corner.Get your foot measured tell them what you want.It will be ready in a couple of hours.It is the same thing for a real nice suit.All they need is your size.My wife couldn't find the kind of jeans she wanted.So she bought something close.For little to nothing.Then had them alterd to what she wanted. I think it cost me 50 rmb for the jeans and 10 RMb.To get them alterd.

JImB if your hanging around Beijing they will have clothes and shoes that will fit you.You mite be able to find what you need in Wuhan.Wuhan is a up and comming town.

Vince Shenyang is a good size city.It shouldn't be to hard to find what you will need.

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 10:31:24 am »
Quote from: "maxx"
About the only thing you can't buy in China for real Cheap is guns and explosives.Everything else is there.
How am I supposed to fill my lifetime Panda quota?  Seriously though just buy all your stuff in China, cost you less in the long run for the same stuff anyways.
Can't fix stupid.

Offline maxx

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 06:47:50 pm »
Vince my Chinglish is a little sloppy sometimes.But it sounds like your lady is telling you that.The goverment in Shenyang is trying to move up the ladder a little.They have some kind of teared system in China.Each city and town has a ranking in there province.The higher the ranking the more money they get.If they do that they become more important.They get more money for civic projects.Goverment employes make more money.It is kind of a trickle down economics.

Hey it can't be all bad they do have a Wal-mart.But do they have a Starbucks.When you have a starbucks you know you have reached the bigtime.

VInce you can cut the label off your Italian suits and have it sewn on the new suits you will buy in China.And doesn't everybody on this site own a pair of Playboy shoes and at least one playboy shirt.If you Don't have a Playboy shirt pants or shoes.It is like you never went to China :D It is like not eating at the Bruce lee restraunt :lol: It is foreign mans custom to have playboy clothes,and eat at Bruce lee restraunt.

Offline David

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2009, 01:29:46 am »
Hey Maxx what is the cost of a good suit in USD?  I was going to purchase one before my trip but I have been losing weight so
maybe having a nice one custom tailored while I am there would be a good idea.

Big Dave

Arnold

RE: Air Lines change airports US China trip.com
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2009, 12:24:27 pm »
You want that in RED or GOLD , that Suit ? Hehe

Offline maxx

RE: Air Lines change airports US China trip.com
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2009, 01:55:49 pm »
David you could probably get a nice tailored suit for thirty forty dollers.