Author Topic: Teenagers the same  (Read 1981 times)

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
Teenagers the same
« on: July 29, 2009, 11:43:44 am »
It just really come home to me today how much teenagers are the same the world over.  Angels birthday is Friday the 31st.  Her 16 year old daughter is staying with her grandparents for a couple of months.  She calls Angel yesterday and says she is sending her mother her birthday present.  A pair of sunglasses.  Then she says it would have been more if she had the money, but she was out and could Mom send some more?  I am thinking man is that Deja Vue from a few years ago with my kids.  I really got a chuckle out of it, until I found out I was footing the bill. or rather her mothers account was.  
I cant seem to win.  I paid for my daughters wedding last month and now I am paying for my wedding in August.  
I have a supposed son who wants me to pay for his. LOL.  He knows who he is.  I wont say his name, cough (Chong), but if he puts me in his will, I might consider it.  I said MIGHT.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

David5o

RE: Teenagers the same
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 01:01:36 pm »
I think it's commonly called, "The Bank Of Mum & Dad" I'm sure that every parent in the Western world has a special overdraft facility attached to that bank, for there off springs " I'm out in the world now adventures!!" Especially when those little adventures go wrong.
Why is it these day's, ....They always want it Now!! No-one seems to save for anything they really want anymore. Now it's all easy come, and easy go. ....and with it, the value of money i guess too!!!

Thank God for frugale Lucy!! ...hahaha!!

David....

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 01:19:34 pm »
I blame it on the microwave oven.  Ever since that invention people no longer cook, they can have it now so that translates into their whole life.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline craig

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 06:17:57 pm »
Gen Y

Y bother
y Not
Y should I and the list goes on and on

Maybe its our fault we taught them that they could be anything they want but I think they  missed the hard work bit

and we are walking ATM machines

Just imagine when they are the politicians running our countries

David5o

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 06:31:19 pm »
Craig,

I think you'll find, some already are.... There also running Banks, and other global institutions....

I wonder if that has anything to do with all these banks and companies collapsing.... makes you think real hard doen't it!!  What have WE Done!!   hahahaha!!

David....

Offline Peter

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 09:11:04 pm »
I think we are just paying back to the next generation what our parents did to us some years ago....:idea:
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove