Author Topic: Re: address request?  (Read 2255 times)

Offline kenny

Re: address request?
« on: April 13, 2009, 12:04:22 pm »
I asked the girl I am talking to for her address in the second letter i believe. She sent it to me in the next letter I got. I havent tryed mailing through mail yet heard some gets through some dont.

Offline Ed W

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 12:21:33 pm »
so you can send her flowers or gifts. Not necessarily through the post but you can order flower online over there and have them delivered.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline kenny

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 01:03:37 pm »
Thanks Ed that is what I was going to do this afternoon is try send flowers. I just talked to her by phone this morning and thought good time to send flowers.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 03:18:49 am »
When I first asked my girl for her address, her reply didn't mention anything about my question so went ahead and bought her address.  Next letter contained her address in her reply.  They're definitely sneaky that way.  No doubt about it, they're out for money.

I sent my girl chocolates from Zchocolate.com and DHL couldn't find her address.  I sent her phone number later...still waiting for a confirmation of delivery.  Glad I haven't sent the package I've been meaning to send yet.  I'd hate for a package to go missing.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline kenny

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 08:16:37 am »
Vince
we are also using the same translator. (Sonia)  How mant translators are in these agencys?

Vince G

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 09:19:57 am »
I don't know? Maybe I can find out. In the pictures they show like 6 or 8 booths? I did find it is a new agency (1 year old) and the amount of women there isn't allot. So maybe a few translators might be there? I can ask Sonia, she sent me her IM and email address. She seems to be good, as a person and a very good translator. Or I'd give her hell.  :D

Offline kenny

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 09:50:14 am »
Thanks Vince, Let me know I am just curoius.

Arnold

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 02:28:30 am »
Why does it seem , I'm the only one with not having a problem with just about anything . Never a Agency problem , never a Translator problem ( she is the nicest Person then and still is a good friend ) with the Guangzhou Agency , I ask Qing for her address and E-Mail and received it in the next EMF letter , after a week later it was only E-mail's from then on , between us . got her Phone number when I asked for it , without any repeated asking's . Maybe I'm luckier than I think ?

Chong

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 08:42:07 am »
Here's a funny story. Back in June 2008, I sent out my first 'cupid note'. As a newbie at that time, I paid a credit for the lady's email & postal address because I didn't want to use EMF. Plus, her profile said "Good English" so I sent her a personal email ... no reply back. I email a second email to confirm whether she received the first email ... no reply. So then, I mailed a hard copy of the email message by postal service ... no reply back by postal either. So, I forgot about that lady.

Yesterday, April 14, 2009 ........ the postal service sent back my letter ... as a "Unknown Address" ... so the letter was circulating in the Chinese Postal System for 9 months.   :roll:

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 05:12:31 pm »
I got my girls address directly from her, then went on to ask for the chinese characters as a picture file because I was unsure if I had translated it correctly.  Luckly I had translated 2 characters wrong, but long story short I sent her a pair of ear rings, a necklace and a digital camera ^_^ Now my picture supply has never been greater ^_^ If you use Fedex its quite expensive to send things to china but they get there in decent time.
Can't fix stupid.