Author Topic: An Irishmans adventures in China  (Read 21058 times)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
An Irishmans adventures in China
« on: August 05, 2009, 03:54:47 am »
Well folks, the fateful day has finally arrived - I'm headed back to China!

For those that don't already know, I'm making a fresh start this time. Last visit I met a nice lady in Guangzhou in what was a bit of an epic trip, I met her parents , went to a friends wedding with her, the whole nine yards.
However when back home the distance seemed to go farther and farther. We chatted less and less on msn and when i  wrote her a long letter one day she wrote back say too long, boring, write shorter letter..I knew it was heading for the rocks. I cancelled my trip back to Guangzhou, which was to take place in June. We still chat occasionally as friends now though, shes dating a guy from New Zealand now that works in Guangzhou. Its funny, we find it easier to talk as friends than as a couple.

So, I started writing a few other ladies and as luck would have it I think I found "the one". Her name is also Ling !! We write and chat and sms every day. Its like night and day compared with the previous lady. Our conversations are full of emotion and fun and plans for our future together, I really feel for her.
She is pragmatic like myself and we both have agreed to wait until we have met for real before committing to eachother. I think I will find it hard to not like when we meet such is the calibre of our conversations.

She is from Tianjin which is around 120KM from Beijing, which is only 30 minutes away on the super new bullet train.
Shes driving to the airport to pick me up (swine flu checks on the plane permitting - man I'm seriously freaking about about those). We will spend a few hours in Beijing - she taking me to a nice restaurant to eat Peking Duck! and then will drive me to my hotel (which she booked for me) and is right beside the train station so I can easily commute to Beijing once I'm done exploring Tianjin.
Next week we fly out together to Malaysia and will be staying in Kuala Lumpur , Penang and Langkawi Island there before flying back to Tianjin where i'll be for another three days before heading back home. I hope to hook up with JimB when back in Tianjin.

So what's the backup plan if thinks don't work out?, well I'm gonna head back to Guangzhou and meet up with Ling (the first haha) and her friends and just have some fun. I enjoyed their company the last time and would like to get a sense of closure with Ling as well i suppose. I hope though I don't have to make that trip.

My "grand romantic plan" is to pop the question to Ling in Penang while we eat in a restaurant by the beach ..you know tropical sunset, exotic location...I'm hoping she'll go for it.

My flight leaves Dublin Airport at 14:30, I have a short 1.5 hour stopover in Amsterdam Airport before the long flight to Beijing which arrives at 09:50 Chinese time or 02:50 Irish time! (that's in the morning, I'm gonna be real tired but nerves will keep me wide away, I just hope they don't elevate body temperature too!). I'm flying with KLM all the way, have never flown with them before so not sure what to expect.
My China Mobile phone is charged and Ling put some new credit on the account yesterday, so soon as the plane lands, I'll call her, and again once (fingers crossed) I'm allowed out of the plane after the swine flu checks.

Wish me luck brothers!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 07:56:16 pm by Irishman »
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
RE: An Irishmans adventures in China and Malaysia
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 04:13:08 am »
Hi there Irishman' ;)
I'm sorry I think I missed something in your previous story, sorry I didn't know about it...
Well, anyway, you seem to have found any other lady and what is just nice is that you could go to Malaysia with her??
Are you sure she will be able to go there with you? (in fact, I'd say "how to be sure when a woman tells you she can go somewhere with you, and who would pay her flight? Her?)

How long will be your trip?

About the swine flu, I think you just don't much have to worry about it.
China is not the only country to be affected because of it.

I also wish you a good luck and wish your trip will be without anything wrong, and that you won't have to go to Guangzhou instead (don't you have any better Plan B?)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 04:14:18 am by Sylvain D »
- Let's Rock -

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 04:33:54 am »
Thanks Sylvain.

Regarding Malaysia, Its one of the few countries which Chinese citizens can get a visa for easily. She got hers no problem.
Regarding the flight to Malaysia, she insisted on paying for her flight herself. I insisted on paying for the hotels and food while there as I'm certain the flight cost her a large chunk of her months wages.
She is bringing her own spending money with her, she's a strong willed girl and very much wants to be an equal partner and show me she's not all about the money which is such a nice change from any girl I've dated here in Ireland before, they always "gave in" when I offered to pay for them. With Ling, she was paying for her flight and that's the matter closed haha!

I'm not worried about the swine flu personally, I'm almost never ever ill and when I am, its over pretty fast.
I feel just fine today so don't think I'm coming down with anything. I'm far more worried about someone else on the plane near me being ill resulting in me being quarantined when the doctors come on board to take everyone's temperatures before disembarking.

My trip will be two and a half weeks , I come back on Sunday 23rd, hopefully an engaged man.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

David5o

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 05:12:39 am »
Irishman,

No problems that i can remember about KLM, flown with them a number of times. I've had a bad flight or two with them but hey, ....I've had bad flights with even the best airlines.
You might find your not much into the on board food, but apart from that... Nothing.... Anyway who cares, your heading to where you want to be, .....Right!!

Just enjoy your trip, hope everything works out the way you want it too. Excellent idea about proposing on a Penang beach.... Picture postcard stuff!!  hahaha!!   (take a picture along your stretch of beach)

Best of luck to you, i know you've been looking forward to this trip a long time now, so live every moment you can of it....

David....
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 05:46:53 am by David5o »

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 05:26:14 am »
For sure, I hope you'll send us some postcard from the tropical beach and both of you, 'just wish too she'll go for it, as you do wish, Irish';)

I wish you anyway a happy flight, and that all will be fine for you once there;)
Keep us updated :)

*crosses all his fingers*
- Let's Rock -

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 06:30:32 am »
Ronan, I'm happy for you, I hope all works out to the good for you and I'm sure she'll say yes to you.
Good luck and best wishes brother :icon_cheesygrin:
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Darius

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 07:04:34 am »
Happy for you Irish. You have been through a lot. Hope this time it works out for you. Its about time. We will be waiting for another 200 pages of the Travels of Ronan! Best luck brother.

Offline victor-hills

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 07:06:45 am »
All the best Irish.
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 07:20:28 am »
*thinks about a scene, 2 potatoes running in an airport, direction China* :D
- Let's Rock -

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 07:37:25 am »
Best of luck Ronan , enjoy , seems like over the next very short time half of this forum will be in China ,or on their way to , or on their way back , or have just stayed in China to save the air fees .:icon_cheesygrin:
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 07:41:22 am »
Then, one good thing to do would be to have a second server directly in China, later :D
- Let's Rock -

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 02:02:22 pm »
Hey Irish,
I am sure it will work out this time.  Third time is the charm.  Although it was very entertaining we do not need another story like the last time and I am sure you do not want one either.  Do not worry about going to Guanzho (whatever sp), I have two "sisters" in Beijing.  And Angel has 5 nurses who are all looking.  So female companionship should not be an issue.  I will line them up like at the Chicken Ranch and you can take your pick. (I feel like a pimp)!  Anyway looking forward to hooking up.  
Jim
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Peter

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 02:09:57 pm »
Hey Irish.... Don't forget that you have to come home again some day.. like I just did... but until then... just have fun
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 03:33:34 pm »
Yes Irish have a good trip. With all the work you have put into this website, you deserve a holiday. Good fortune hunting and may the luck of the Irish be with you.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline maxx

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 06:29:35 pm »
Irish have a good time.Do your self a favor don't forget to breath.When you see your lady.We are all waiting for the updates.Give yourself a Chance this tme and give the lady a Chance 24 hour rule is in effect.Learn it live it love it.

good luck

Maxx