Author Topic: Touchy subject: Blacks and other races and Chinese wives  (Read 4313 times)

Vince G

RE: Touchy subject: Blacks and other races and Chinese wives
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2009, 07:38:57 am »
I have stayed out of posting here for simple reasons. I think acceptance is an individual thing. Since I don't know what family will except who? I kept out of it. I do know one of the first woman I use to write was approached by a black American man when she was on her way to the market. The only thing she said about him was he spoke "very good Mandarin". I assumed it wasn't the first she has seen? She didn't seem surprised. So take that however you want to.

Offline metooap

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 09:51:38 am »
Vince,

From my view there is no way to take what you have said other than how you have said it.

Oh, and by the way, that man could not have been me, because I do not speak Mandarin worth a damn.

How well do you speak Mandarin?

Vince G

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 09:56:36 am »
Me? Mandarin? I think I know maybe 3 words. When I hear people talking chinese my mind is saying I'm never going to learn this stuff.

I (almost) learned a new word recently. My lady and I on the phone and she sad she was having something to eat? When she explained what it was I said Oh that's Tofu? She stopped for a minute and said No Doufu. I ended up looking it up and it is the same  chinese is Doufu and I guess the japanese name is Tofu? Or maybe this is just the American knockoff name for it?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 10:03:34 am by Vince G »

Offline metooap

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 06:11:31 pm »
Well at least you are talking about food. I am still at the niho and holi, holi stage!