Author Topic: Touchy subject: Blacks and other races and Chinese wives  (Read 4314 times)

Offline yoshiii

• Trust no one Mr. Moulder
Touchy subject: Blacks and other races and Chinese wives
« on: August 05, 2009, 05:57:57 am »
Hello

I was wondering how Chinese people see other races besides "white" people. I hate racism but I want to find out.
I myself am of 3 different races mixed in my family background.
I have read this article and it is interesting:
http://www.thechinaexpat.com/racism-in-china/

Now I know that in America we still have racism but I know that it has improved recently even though there is a ways to go. But look, we have Obama. That is a statement in its self about how America is moving forward more than the rest of the world.

So I am wondering how the women of China may view other race people such as blacks, latinos, Jewish people, Indian, etc.
Are the chances good for men of these decents to meet women from China and marry them?

Do the women risk bad relations with their parents because of them marrying a non "white" person more than marrying a "white" person?
What do they think of Africans? Black Americans? Hispanics?

Has black and latino culture made its way into China like Japan? (American black culture and music has spread widely in Japan)
Do they actually know about other races besides the wrong and racist information that
maybe have been introduced to?

Just wondering so all of the fellow brothers who are of other races can have a bit more info about their trek to find a wonderful Chinese wife.

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
RE: Touchy subject: Blacks and other races and Chinese wives
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 07:16:40 am »
Well, I don't really know how it would be for other "races", even if i don't really like that word to be used.
Maybe is it more difficult for black people, maybe not...
I just can admit that i'm white colored and that, as I'm not american/english, may persons don't really know where is France exactly...
but what I like is the "challenge" to be there and to be with a chinese lady, plus, to marry her and to prove that yes, white man can marry a chinese lady, whatever he's american/irish/english/french/german/swedish/danish/australian and so on...

In fact, and I don't really want to create any "problems" by saying it, but man can be black/white/yellow colored, I think we're all on the same boat, many difficulties can come to us once we'd like to be with any chinese lady, and maybe can it be more or less difficult, depending if man is black... or not.

Anyway, even if I would be black/yellow skin, for sure, I'd do all my best to go in China and to prove that, at first, I'm human before having a colored skin.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 07:17:11 am by Sylvain D »
- Let's Rock -

Offline yoshiii

• Trust no one Mr. Moulder
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 07:30:40 am »
Quote from: 'Sylvain D' pid='11049' dateline='1249471000'

Well, I don't really know how it would be for other "races", even if i don't really like that word to be used.
Maybe is it more difficult for black people, maybe not...
I just can admit that i'm white colored and that, as I'm not american/english, may persons don't really know where is France exactly...
but what I like is the "challenge" to be there and to be with a chinese lady, plus, to marry her and to prove that yes, white man can marry a chinese lady, whatever he's american/irish/english/french/german/swedish/danish/australian and so on...

In fact, and I don't really want to create any "problems" by saying it, but man can be black/white/yellow colored, I think we're all on the same boat, many difficulties can come to us once we'd like to be with any chinese lady, and maybe can it be more or less difficult, depending if man is black... or not.

Anyway, even if I would be black/yellow skin, for sure, I'd do all my best to go in China and to prove that, at first, I'm human before having a colored skin.

Thats a good attitude:icon_cheesygrin:

feisnik

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 08:32:03 am »
Many asian women will not black men. But that is not neccesarilly racism, just personal preference. That said, there is a lot of negative stereotyping against blacks in China. A google search will find many blogs & news stories on this

Offline Ed W

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 09:48:50 am »
I remember reading an article or post of some sort that they view westerners much in the same way we view asians. The term I read was "exotict". The city my wife is from is far off the beaten tourist path and while I was there I only saw 2 other whites and 3 blacks(although 2 I think were of middle east decent and not really black). I'd imagine any other race in that city would be viewed as something very different so I think how it's viewed might have very much to do with where she lives and how many other races they actually get to see.
Sometimes my wife would put her arm next to mine and point to hers and say "yellow" then point to mine and say "white" and she'd spend a few moments just looking. She seems facinated by it. I'd suspect this would be the case in any race that's different than their own. I think if you've got a decent personality they'll view any other race as unique and appreciate the personality and racial differences.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

David5o

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 10:07:59 am »
Didn't really see that many Black African/Americans in China while i was there. So i couldn't really comment on Chinese ladies negative/positive views .....

I have however witnessed a very big negative viewpoint While resident in Hong kong, from both ladies and men. As an example, ....I had an English black friend, and we would often have lunch together (if in the same area at the same time) at the Mariners club just off Nathan Road. The male and female waiters always asked me for my order first, then begrudgingly asked my friend for his. If he got to the restaurant before i did, no-one had ever asked for his order before i arrived.... He himself, said that he found it really difficult to find Chinese ladies to talk to him at clubs and bars in Hong Kong.

So it may be the Same in China Now, or maybe not??.....

David ....

feisnik

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 10:54:58 am »
Yes David, it would be the same in mainland China.

Ed, yes there is a fascination with foreigners, especially white foreigners, where is some places you are held in higher esteem than the Chinese. For black foreigners, they often find themselves held in lower esteem than the Chinese, although there is still a fascination with them.

Last year there was a drug problem near an international college in part of China, so the local police decided to fix it they would go beat up all te black students and yell at them to stop selling drugs. This is one example of the negative stereotypes blacks have in China.

There are always exceptions however, but Chinese family approval is much harder for a black man to date a Chinese woman if he can find a Chinese woman to date him.

Offline Peter

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 02:14:31 pm »
I know of one black man married to a Chinese woman.. Mr Tang have a picture hanging on one of his walls in the agency. My wife also mentioned this to me at some occation because she knew the woman.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 02:15:19 pm by Peter »
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 02:48:09 pm »
Peter, was the man in the photos name Charles?, if so I know him and he is a very nice man and a very well educated man, he and his wife are doing very well here in the States.
He has also told me that it is extremely hard for a black man in China compared to a white man.
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Peter

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 02:50:37 pm »
If he married a woman from Changsha it is him.. and his wife knows my wife. He is about 55 - 60 years old judging from the photo I saw. I think my wife also sent me the photo when we started to write to each other
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 02:50:56 pm by Peter »
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 03:03:34 pm »
Quote from: 'yoshiii' pid='11033' dateline='1249466277'

But look, we have Obama. That is a statement in its self about how America is moving forward more than the rest of the world.

Can we keep the political comments off this site?  I know you are trying to make a point, but personally, i take offence to the comment how America is moving forward more than the rest of the world.  Says who?

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 03:16:07 pm »
In France, the Prisident is also small.
But everybody is scared about him, because he is as aggressive as a Pitbull would :icon_cheesygrin:
- Let's Rock -

Offline Andy

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 03:43:52 pm »
Quote from: 'Sylvain D' pid='11106' dateline='1249499767'

In France, the Prisident is also small.
But everybody is scared about him, because he is as aggressive as a Pitbull would :icon_cheesygrin:

Yes, but he is also half Hungarian too if I recall correctly.

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 03:48:25 pm »
That's right, but I doubt that Hungarians would bite as he does :D
- Let's Rock -

Offline Andy

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 03:56:40 pm »
Quote from: 'Sylvain D' pid='11118' dateline='1249501705'

That's right, but I doubt that Hungarians would bite as he does :D

:icon_cheesygrin: I born in Hungary. I have been back there only one time and I figured Hungarians do not like anybody who are not Hungarian. It is very sad really. :icon_sad: