Author Topic: Ed, The American Sock  (Read 8106 times)

Offline Ed W

Ed, The American Sock
« on: April 12, 2009, 09:35:00 pm »
well gentlemen.... im leaving tomorrow for my sweetheart. I'll be updating my blog as often as possible so here's the URL..

http://edchangchun.blogspot.com/
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Paul Todd

Re: Ed, The American Sock
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 03:38:31 pm »
Best of luck my friend, I hope it all goes smoothly for you! :D I'll be following your blog so keep us updated.

Offline victor-hills

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 05:41:51 pm »
All the best Ed have a good time bud.
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Offline Chad

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 09:07:46 pm »
Ed good luck, I am sure you will have a great time on your visit. We will be thinking of you while you are there.

Offline China Shark

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 10:34:14 pm »
Live the dream my brother.
Shark :mrgreen:
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline Peter

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 03:09:57 am »
Hope you will be as fortunate as me Ed
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline TomFisher

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 05:49:44 am »
Rock on Ed...

Offline Hajo

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 03:32:55 pm »
Have a nice and safe trip. Good luck with your lady.
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 07:02:42 pm »
Best of luck Ed, looking forward to the updates already!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Norb Smith

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 08:44:29 pm »
Best of everything Ed, the brotherhood will be looking to hear from you and all your updates from your trip
To have good neighbors, you need to be a good neighbor

Arnold

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 10:41:04 pm »
Yes Ed , also wish you a happy trip and kick some butt over there . Make it work , for all the trouble you went through . Good Luck and have a good flight .

Offline Ed W

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 03:01:17 am »
Greetings from China! so far jetlag has been at the most, insignificant. Our plan worked like a charm and were married yesterday.

Today we've been running around with one document and I'm clueless what it's all about. Something about registering with the police but that's all i know and Xindi won't let me concern myself with it. We just stopped by her place, a one room box with a bed, desk, dresser and armuar(sp). She ran down and got me a pizza and some smoked sausage and grabbed the bags with the papers and pulled the bed covers for me to rest while she heads out to get whatever this thing is done. Figured I'd enjoy my chinese pizza and write ya guys.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 03:11:08 am »
:mrgreen: That's my jealousy face Ed.  Congratulations on the marriage.  

I've heard that you have to register with the local police as a foreigner if you're not in a hotel.  I believe hotels take care of that for ya.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline victor-hills

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 03:33:55 am »
Congratulations Ed and xindi way to go mate.
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Offline Ed W

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 03:35:14 am »
i heard that too but we just changed hotels to a nicer one that was slightly cheaper and larger. more convenient to downtown too. Her cousin works there or something. Just not sure what she's working on for certain but I'm not supposed to worry bout it so I need to sit here and listen to American easy listening music, listening to downtown horns or the taxi commando force and relax till my baby returns.

updated my blog btw. It's day one but really covers like two days since with the 15hr difference and passing the international dateline. I'm hoping we can stop this running around so I can start taking gobs of pictures. There's so much to shoot around here. China is an amazing place. The mayhem of traffic even has it's own sence of order. It's like some secret courtesy that everyone abides by, even pedestrians.

I was tellin Xindi I was hoping to find some milk. That's not such an easy thing here and the first attempt must have been something for children cause it was super sweet. So shortly ago she shows up with my chinese pizza and something called Monmilk. It's not the same but for someone like me who has a passion for whole milk, and not a light passion at that, it's not a bad substitute.

the whole bare feet, socks, slippers deal is something that as far as i can tell only needs to be accepted. There's no other answer. Don't even think of explaining you like hanging out in your socks cause she wont buy it. HAHA. If I'm not fast enough, I can be in mid-stream of taking my socks n shoes off and she'll come over and take over. I'm slowly but surely being spoiled. haha.

Ya know folks. The language barrier isnt too bad if you just be patient? Xindi and I use quite a bit of body language? the pocket translator? googletranslate? Notice the funny periods?Her comp has started trying to do chinese for me again and I cant figure out how to shut it off?haha?

ok? too hard to type like this? I'll write more from my laptop when we're back at the hotel

??