Author Topic: Moving to the West - do they really want to?  (Read 2973 times)

brett

Moving to the West - do they really want to?
« on: August 07, 2009, 07:58:00 am »
Hi guys,

Another newbie(ish) question :huh:.

Do many these ladies *really* want to leave China to start a new life in the West? I know their family ties will be strong, but would they be willing to loosen these in order to secure a better upbringing for themselves and their possible children?

This is *hugely* important to me, but I've only noticed a couple of ladies saying they are interested in Western culture, and I haven't really seen anyone saying they want to move to the West.

I'd certainly consider moving to the far east in the future, but given the present and likely future economic conditions, there's no way I'm leaving my job here for a while...

Thanks!

David5o

RE: Moving to the West - do they really want to?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 08:10:54 am »
Brett,

Sure there are many that want to move with their hubby's to the West, just as there are many that would like there new hubby's to live in China.
What your offering, is the best of both worlds ....first your country , then retire to theirs!!

I'm sure they'll be happy, wherever they are, so long as it's with YOU!!

David....

shaun

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 09:41:26 am »
Brett,

What David said is exactly what the woman I am talking with says to me.  She will go wherever I want to be but would be happy if I retire in China. With economics being like they are it would be to my benefit to retire in China in another 6-8 years.  You will find when the +35 women say they are looking for love and someone they can grow old with, this exactly what they mean. They are looking for happiness just like you are. and to quote David, "I'm sure they'll be happy, wherever they are, so long as it's with YOU!!"

Vince G

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 10:25:04 am »
MOST Chinese women will go wherever the husband is. So it's not a question of "wanting" to leave China. On the other hand it is best that YOU allow her or both of you to travel/stay/live in China as well. It will even the field. If she knows China isn't a forbidden place. She'll adjust better.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 10:25:38 am by Vince G »

brett

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 10:46:38 am »
Thanks guys!

Although I'm aware that the wives will go where there husbands go, I'm aware that many marriages to foreign wives end because the wife misses her homeland. Obviously we could visit China occasionally but that obviously depends on future finances etc. I'm better placed than most (work in a multicultural institution that actually runs English courses, live close to London with its Chinatown etc.) but even so moving from China to the UK is a very big step indeed.

Offline Peter

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 10:47:27 am »
You are right about this Vince. My wife have no doubts to move to Sweden and live with me. We have talked this over more than once and agree that we will in China half of the year when I have retired and in Sweden the other half. We are planning to buy an apartment in Changsha before she leave. The price on apartment is rising at the moment so we agreed to buy before the prices are to high... I will have the best of two worlds in the future :icon_cheesygrin:
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 10:50:45 am »
Yes mate it would be a very big step, especially if your lady has a child.

This was one of the reasons that i decided to move there, it was going to be easier for the one person to do this, also it keeps her close to her family, should anything go wrong? The way I think is that with your lady you are gaining a 'family' who will be close to each other and will take care of each of their family members.

Vince G

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 01:20:07 pm »
I've talked about this before. She and I have talked about it and I want her to be Chinese. I don't want her to change. (maybe you had to be there?) I hope to live half yr there half here? She has the condo already. She rents it out currently. I even asked if it's being rented? can it be for half the year? She brushed it off like she'll just them them to leave when we are going? But anyway, I made sure she knew she wasn't coming here to be a prisoner. Never going back. I could only promise we will go back as often as we can. If it makes her happy? I'm doing it.

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 03:02:29 pm »
I think if given the choice not many of the ladies actually want to leave China, just my 2 cents. and 1 cent more for surcharge. And 1 more cent because I'm republican and yall democrats need a new program of some sort. And finally one more cent for the save california fund, just because.
Can't fix stupid.

Vince G

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 04:44:33 pm »
Ah a republican coming in here throwing his money around.... Does the bylaw say we can ban republicans? :icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 04:51:59 pm »
I agree most of the ladies are apprehensive about leaving China. Many of them have never ever left the Province they live in.

Chinese ladies are family orientated and given a choice they would prefer to stay in China.  As you know I live in Zhuhai and at the end of this year we are planning to move to the other side Guangzhou which is my girls homeland.

Some want the adventure of travelling to another land others will not but Chinese Ladies being Chinese they will follow their husbands wishes.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 09:07:22 pm »
As of 6:pm Eastern Time today. I have taken an early retirement.  We have discussed this and she wants to live the 6 months here and 6 months there.  But she wants to work for a few more years so we will move to the States until she no longer wants to work.  She loves her job and her parents brought her up with a great work ethic.  We have agreed for her to work full time for the next 4 years, then go at least part time until she no longer wants to work at all.  I want us to just travel but Financially it makes sense her way. So i am going to live there for at least the next two months leaving this Monday.  I will get a feel for living there and see if I will be happy.  We will decide from there.  But to make your point.  I told her about Hajo and his wife getting her Visa in 24 hours.  I said how about living in Denmark, she said if that s where you want to live ok. She was not kidding either.  They live the saying, wither thou goest, so shall I. (or something like that.)
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 09:11:41 pm »
JimB...Happy retirement mate, hope all your dreams come true...:icon_biggrin:

Vince G

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 01:07:13 am »
Jim, A Happy Retirement my neighboring state friend. :icon_cool:

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 07:08:02 am »
JimB, Congrats!!! brother on the retirement, hope all works out for you two, you may as well enjoy it, you worked for this.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 07:08:17 am by MLM »
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS