Author Topic: Daily life of a married man  (Read 25419 times)

Offline kenny

Re: Daily life of a married man
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2011, 09:59:02 pm »
Your wife and mine sound like complete opposite's, I am the hoarder. Linda is always going through things of mine and things my dad left here when he left and would throw away everything if she could. She always asks me first and even though it is hard for me to let some of the stuff go it is JUNK. Like Rob said it is not a chinese thing at all.  Linda only brought one suitcase of clothes here when she came and I think that was about all she had and most of the cloths were very old but you would never know it by looking at them. Since she has been here she has bought some new things ofcourse but the one item that she loves is shoes. I think she brought a few pairs here but my god every time we go somewhere she looks at the shoes. We bought two more pairs last night. They are always cheap or on sale so it is not allt of money but I bet she has got 20 pairs of shoes now. haha I think I got 3!

It does not bother me though because all the work that she has done here she is well worth a few cheap shoes. She takes so much pride in everything she has and keeps everything as clean as a pen. All these shoes are kept in a cabnet wraped in paper and in the box that they came in. Oh yeah, the cabnet was full of junk when she came!

Arnold

« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2011, 11:13:22 pm »
Oh .. I am blessed ! No such stuff going on in our House . She is very frugal with everything and I was never that kind to keep used up stuff for long . It is pretty much just the Shoe thing with my LaoPo . One pair for every corner of the House so to speak . hahaha   I do cheat a little there , when she's NOT looking of course . Been caught a couple of time with the WRONG shoe's on and let me tell you .. she'll rip them off and get's to clean them instantly .. but does bring them back to me nicely .. not through the Air  ??? :o  Talk about one other thing here , if/when I purchased something and I'm not going to use it (even if it was only one or two dollars) it's going back to the store and get your Money back . Of course for me , it's not really worth it .. driving 10 miles to get two dollars back ? Ohhh .. I let it slide , because it's not only cute/funny but I love the way she is sooo serious telling me to take it back . She's got that LOOK , you don't mess with .

Offline lfputman3

• Don't count the days until, count the days after
« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2011, 01:22:12 pm »
Since she has been here she has bought some new things ofcourse but the one item that she loves is shoes. I think she brought a few pairs here but my god every time we go somewhere she looks at the shoes. We bought two more pairs last night. They are always cheap or on sale so it is not allt of money but I bet she has got 20 pairs of shoes now. haha I think I got 3!

Statistically, over 90% of men have 3 pairs of shoes, actual fact. Typically Casual (tennies/sneakers), work, and formal. I admit, I am odd, 3 pair of formal, two work, two pairs of boots (winter boots working in the vfw kitchen), hiking shoes, sandals, tennies and moccasins. Those are my houseshoes, but my grandpa was a redskin, you gotta have your mocs, keep your feet warm.

I'm trying to get rid of graphic t-shirts before she gets to sort through my stuff...

Lloyd
Better to plunge in and drowned, than sit on the pier wondering.

1744748245@qq.com

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2011, 06:23:20 pm »
Funny you should bring up that subject Maxx.............

As you can imagine, Ming and I are still in the "Honeymoon" phase (no...dont ask !!!!) after 2 weeks together. All is really, really good.

But I noticed the other day that there was a big bag in the Pantry, which was stuffed with old, used envelopes, the one's that all the junk, bills and letters come in. I asked what they were for and she said she always keeps them.......but I got no real answer as to why !!!

Our cat gets fed from 100 gramme tins...used 4 each day, and these tins are washed and stored in the spare bedroom in plastic bags........ :-[ :-[

Right now, these "little" things are amusing and charming...but I cast my imagination forward a few years...what the Hell our home will be about then defies imagination...maybe like a Municipal recycling depot !!!!!

Gotta grasp this particular nettle sometime soon.......but not yet...maybe  ;D ;D ;D

ps...Sorry about the lack of photos guys...been a bit busy of late......working on it now  ;) ;) ;)

Offline maxx

« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2011, 08:52:07 pm »
Guys that is what I'm trying to tell you.You are all saying on how neat and organised and frugal your wife's are.They are making there move.They have a plan.And in time said plan will be implemented..And you to will be buried under a mountain of stuff.

When my wife first came to the states.I took a few days off and stayed with her showed her around.And helped her try to get used to America.But the day came that I had to go back to work.The first thing my wife did was took my Deja vu Shirt.That I had won in a strip club back in the late 80's And cut it into rags.She took the rest of my clothes she didn't like and did the same thing to them. then rearranged all the stuff in the cabnets.And completely took over one whole set of cabnets.Then she recleaned the house from top to bottom.And told me what a slob I was.After I had spent days cleaning the house.Before I left for China to get her

This didn't happen over night.It is along drawn out plan.And I think her family and friends are in on it.They keep sending her stuff that they know we have already got.My mother in law is my wife's biggest helper.Every 2 months my wife gets care packages from China.My sons  have at the least a  dozen pairs of shoes a piece.My wife and kids have enough clothes to clothe a small nation.And most of it is still in the packages.My kids have so many toys that They can't Evan get to the bottom of one of the toy boxes.Let alone 2 toy boxes.And my wife's mother and friends keep sending them more.

You all think I'm just whining.come back to me after your wives's have lived with you for a couple of years.I think you all will be singing a different tune.David under no circumstances are you to throw the cat food can away.Or the sack of old mail.If you do.Please take this little piece of advice.Either leave home for a couple of days.Or Waite till your wife is sleeping before you go to sleep.And make sure you are awake before she goes to sleep.Or get up and go sleep in the other room.Behind a closed and locked door and sleep there for a couple of days.

If your wives Evan suspect that you threw something away five years ago.Or threatend to throw something away at some time in the relationship.Trust me you are a marked man.Anytime something comes up missing or is miss placed.You are the first person that she will come to.

If you are still not convinced go to your friendly neighborhood China town.And look at all the stuff that is setting around taking up space.They are all hoarders.Just some are better at hiding it for the first couple of years.After they are comfortable and secure.Look out the fun really starts.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2011, 10:29:39 pm »
Ha ha Maxx , the other half's have excellent memories , now if I want something and it is not where I left it 1 hour , 1 day , or 1 year ago I ask and it appears within minutes , very clever these women and I guess after a suitable time out it goes , but in 18 months I haven't missed anything  ::) and now it is time to pick the ladies up from swimming , I escaped as the car had to be serviced ha ha .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline lfputman3

• Don't count the days until, count the days after
« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2011, 11:29:29 pm »
I believe I have already seen evidence of this "plan" actually, mama was already discussing retirement between 2 and 5 years following our wedding...

I may be in trouble

Better to plunge in and drowned, than sit on the pier wondering.

1744748245@qq.com

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2011, 01:22:55 am »
I am well into married life here in Zhongshan.

I generally wake up sometime between 8.30 am and 9 am. Switch on the computer while i make coffee. Settle back and see if the Scottish Baird is still on line. Then I settle back on the balcony for an hour or so watching the beauties go by in very short cotton dresses and even shorter shorts and I have breakfast.   In the four months of summer I spend a lot of time on the balcony!

It sure is hard being married and living in China.

But after all this time I still open the wrong kitchen cupboard on occasions and get showered by dozens of empty plastic bottles.  At first I thought it was an unusual hobby but realised that if we saved every bottle for three months then at the end of that time we get 12 or 13 rmb from the trader who calls.  That like earning 1 rmb a week.  I stopped the collecting of beer and coke cans and fo some reason no one wants glass bottles.

The flow of plastic bottles will slow now as I bought a new water cooler/heater. I now drink the cold water from that rather than from bottles.

Hopefully in two weeks time when we finally move into our new home the hoarding of rubbish will stop completely.   Well at least I hope that I will have beaten the habit by then!

Willy

Ifputman - you sure are in trouble.  Her mama is expecting to retire for one reason only. To look after the new grandchild that you are going to be providing within that time.
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #128 on: July 16, 2011, 06:59:27 am »
The saving of Bottles in China I can understand...

It is just a casE of getting the ladies out of that 'mindset' ; :o So guys.....GOOD LUCK WITH THAT... ;D ;D ;D ;D :-X
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Vince G

« Reply #129 on: July 16, 2011, 08:36:41 am »
I have my own hoarding going on but it's organized to Plastics, tins, etc are kept for a short time then put out for recycle?

What is the reason behind their collections?

Offline maxx

« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2011, 09:54:18 am »
Vince nobody knows.If you ask them.They will tell you that maybe a friend of a friend may need the stuff.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #131 on: July 16, 2011, 10:44:12 am »
Then I settle back on the balcony for an hour or so watching the beauties go by in very short cotton dresses and even shorter shorts and I have breakfast. 

Willy......what are you referring to when you say It???
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #132 on: July 16, 2011, 12:04:15 pm »
Then I settle back on the balcony for an hour or so watching the beauties go by in very short cotton dresses and even shorter shorts and I have breakfast. 

Willy......what are you referring to when you say It???

Oh Rhon...why did you have to ask that !!!...God knows what his answer will be!!!! ???
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #133 on: July 16, 2011, 06:09:42 pm »
Haha Maxx....I get your message thanks !!!!

I noticed a plastic container in the cupboard today...it had several of those plastic "thingamies" that they use to close the tops of the plastic bags that loaves of bread come in.......I was told that we are now saving those..........but was not told why.........maybe it is some sort of preparation for the Apocalypse...I dunno !!!!!

ps...my favourite sweatshirt and track pants have been recycled into rags...cant understand that, they are only about 15 years old and have relatively few holes and paint stains....should have been good for at least another 10 years   ;D ;D

Wait till the cat Walter gets his Spring shedding...I bet my next sweater gets knitted from cat hair !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of Walter the cat........he is a giant ( a Maine Coon and weighs in at about 12 kilos), he has eaten one brand of food for the last 10 years at least....it costs $1.58 per can and is fairly high end food.
At the Supermarket, Ming was eyeing off the cat food at 0.99 cents per can and making "questioning" eyes at me....I blustered a feeble..."no Honey , he only eats that other stuff.....

I know inevitably that this conflict will soon get resolved one way or 'tother.......

Determined Chinese Lady meets angry, deadly Maine Coon Killer cat over food choices...........I almost can predict the result......

Lady 1.....Cat 0..... ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 06:19:15 pm by David E »

Arnold

« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2011, 02:22:12 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Haha .. anybody knew this was coming , when first setting eyes on this Journey to the far land ?