Author Topic: Birthday Quandry  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
Birthday Quandry
« on: August 11, 2009, 11:28:41 pm »
Ok so I am going back sometime soon ^_^ was planning on the end of September, but my lady seems to have thrown a twist into the plan.  I have already met this girl so the validity of her existance is not in question, or scamming or other eclectic head bashing haha....

Initially I had planned on arriving the day before her birthday, yay for me browny points and the whole thing there. BUT, mom has different plans >_< She wants her to celebrate her birthday via the lunar calender........ Ok, now my girl is upset, because now she thinks she has disrupted my plans. I have tried telling her that, the simple fact of her mom wanting to celebrate her birthday culturally different than what she first presented me does not bother me in the least, and that I should still come regardless of the birthday thing right, and that the change in date does not bother me. I have also mentioned we can celebrate her birthday between us in any way she wants to celebrate. Including me traveling for a few days when she will celebrate with her family.

I think that she thinks that she has lost face with me somehow, no matter what I have told her and so forth, she still remains upset over the date... And without elaborating to much further, she sincerely believes that it will be to hot at the end of september for a trip.......

One of 3-12 things,
She is getting cold feet?
I am reading to far into this and should appologize and send flowers anyways, because I am still a westerner that does not know jack in her mind. >_<
I am ignorant and should send flowers and appologize profusly on my western ways and accept responsibility for the change of her birthday. Even my willingness to accept it because in a way she is pissed at her mom for clinging to old culture ways. And that I am not standing up for her to celebrate things in her own way.
Option 5 CTRL ALT DELETE and go to sleep
Option 6 send flower to myself, and tell her thank you for the flowers...
There is no option 4 because option 4 would be ignorant and unlucky.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 11:32:02 pm by Jadams79 »
Can't fix stupid.

Offline maxx

RE: Birthday Quandry
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 11:59:39 pm »
I think your reading to much into this.Sedn her some flowers on the lunar birthday.ANd tell her your sorry that you coldn't be there that day.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 12:35:54 am »
Heheh.  Brownie points.  I got ya beat.  My girl's birthday is the 26th of August.  I'll be there for her birthday and the 26th is also Chinese Valentines Day.  

I'd love to know more about this lunar birthday thing.  What's that all about?
...as irresistible as chocolate

David5o

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 07:25:43 am »
Jadams79,

I honestly can't see a problem between the two of you. Mum's thrown a curb ball into your plans, it happens, your gonna get plenty more of those with a Chinese lady,....i can assure you!!

Don't treat these ladies as if they have to be wrapped up in cotton wool, in case they might break, ...They Wont!!

Just carry on as you were before, send her some flowers on her birthday,... Everythings fine!!

David.....