Author Topic: luckiest man alive  (Read 10281 times)

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
RE: luckiest man alive
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 05:41:20 pm »
I talked with Mini on MSN tonight before bed.  She wants to know what I want to get Nina for her birthday (26th, Chinese Valentines day) so it has to be romantic.  I told her I want to marry her and I want to buy an engagement ring plus something else romantic.  Mini will buy her something pretty as well.  She also told me that Nini won't stay with me in the hotel until her birthday.  I understand of course.  

I woke up this morning feeling a little guilty.  If I marry this wonderful woman, what can I give her other than a child?  She has such a vivid, happy, beautiful life here.  It is almost like picking a beautiful flower from the forest and bringing it home.  I don't want that flower to wilt.  I wish there was a way I could move to China.  In fact, I think I will try to make that a priority.  I don't want to teach english, I'm an electrician.  Maybe I can learn Chinese well enough to find an electrician job here someday.  Maybe we'll stay in Canada until we have a baby then raise the baby here.  My daughters are 17 and 16 so will be grown by then.  

ok, couple more hours sleep I think.
...as irresistible as chocolate

David5o

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 06:40:57 pm »
Neil,

As one electrical guy to another, DON'T devalue yourself!! If you think she is so happy in this idealic life you've painted here, why do you you think she started looking overseas for a man such as yourself? I take it you have told her everything about yourself and your situation? Well if you have she has made her choice....YOU!!
There was obviously something missing in her life, that was more important to her, than the life she is currently living... You are filling that missing critera, and she's happy that you are too...

These Chinese ladies are not silly or stupid Neil, they know what they want in there life. You can, (and sounds like you are) give this lady real LOVE, it's probably something she's never experienced in her adult life, and once found, she will be very reluctant to give away or abandon.

Sure you have to work things out between you, to find the best way of taking that new life forward, but believe me, if she loves you as much as it seems. She will do anything and everything to make that new life work for both of you. You need a short and a long term plan, try and be realistic when your making those plans between you. Remember, she will be expecting you to fulfil those plans once they have been argreed!!

This trip, just enjoy yourself with your lady, and try and get to know her, as much as you can. Don't just see her outward beauty, look far beyound that. Also recognise any not so good points, as well as the numerous good ones.
I'm not going to tell you how to suck eggs, i'm sure you'll do just fine working things out while your there.

Oh, one last thing, ....They sure do need GOOD Sparky's there mate, .....that is one thing i DO know about!!  haha!!

David......

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2009, 11:05:28 pm »
Neil,

Excellent story!! So happy for you and Xin.  I look forward to reading your episodes so please keep it up, and yes as all the others have said she sure is a beauty!!

Best wishes from one Canuck to another, oh and as for teh neame thing, my preference would be her chinese name.

Regards

Brian

Offline Neil

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2009, 02:37:52 am »
Hey guys.  Sorry about the lack of updates.  I've obviously been busy.  I'm home now.

I had the time of my life.  Nina and I are engaged.  I got down on one knee in front of our nieces (who have been calling me Uncle for the last few days) and gave Nina a ring.   I asked her later when she would like to get married and she said October 10, 2010.  Seemed a bit specific so she explained that it is 10/10/10 - perfect in Chinese.  So far away but so worth the wait.

She is everything I could have hoped for and so much more.  No word of a lie, she is the smartest woman I've met.  Smart as a whip.  She's funny, friendly, kind, gentle, beautiful, sexy...  perfect.  She will try her hardest to learn English in the coming months and I will have to work hard to learn Chinese as well.  It's the one thing I regret about my trip - that I couldn't understand the language.  We connected on every level though and I've been accepted by family and friends.  

I have so many awesome stories and some amazing pictures of Guilin and Yongshou to share.  I'll try to write a couple here soon but I've got a lot of work to do tonight before bed.  

I couldn't have done this without everyone here and their awesome support and encouragement and stories.  Thank you everyone.  Now the hard part starts.  We have a lot of work ahead of us and we have stopped dealing with the agency and Chnlove now.  She was quite upset that I was being charged 800 per day for the translator.  It was well worth the money to me, but she said she had given the agency a lot of money and they'll get no more from her or us.  

[attachment=590] so happy
[attachment=591] cute couple?

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2009, 04:14:55 am »
Quote from: 'Neil' pid='13633' dateline='1250804480'

I woke up this morning feeling a little guilty.  If I marry this wonderful woman, what can I give her other than a child?  

Neil

How about you give her EXACTLY what she wants....YOU :):):)

DavidE

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2009, 07:47:39 am »
Congrats mate, well pleased for you

And she has a tattoo on her leg!!!...NOT that I was perving...lol:blush::angel:

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2009, 08:52:50 am »
Neil those are great photos, just love the action in the first one, looks like a real beauty spot (in every way!).
She's very pretty you lucky chocolate man!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Neil

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2009, 02:02:45 pm »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='14697' dateline='1251546459'

Congrats mate, well pleased for you

And she has a tattoo on her leg!!!...NOT that I was perving...lol:blush::angel:

Thanks Rob.  Yeah, I noticed a fair amount of tattoos while I was in China.  When we were swimming at the public pool there were 5 or 6 people with quite beautiful tattoos, not unlike what you would see in Canada.  China, she's a changin'.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2009, 09:00:03 pm »
My wife has a tattoo as well.

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2009, 07:51:43 am »
And you're on the Chnlove testimonials already ... here
Go deep or don't go

Offline Neil

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2009, 08:32:33 am »
Heh.  That's funny.  I noticed my girl's profile is no longer available.  I was so tempted to write a bad review of the translator but she really was a nice person so that's the nicest thing I could say.

brett

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2009, 08:41:26 am »
Wow, that's nice, Nina is really lovely.

I am sorry to say though that I am beginning to think I am now the luckiest man alive. My girl has sent me some more natural photos of her this morning and she looks like a model, no retouching required here! Her profile pictures don't really do her justice. On top of that she has a fantastic personality and a wonderful voice. I can't wait for our first real meeting next month!

Arnold

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2009, 10:33:51 am »
That sure is one moment I will never forget . The first meeting and EVERYTHING is going the way you wished it would go .
I will also take that Title of being the Luckiest Man Alive .:icon_cheesygrin:

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2009, 11:03:17 am »
I will too when the day finally arrives...Hopefully :icon_biggrin:

brett

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2009, 01:48:01 pm »
Wow, there are lots of happy mans here :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:.