Author Topic: Soon it will all be over  (Read 5730 times)

rcsingle1

RE: Soon it will all be over
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 11:08:21 pm »
CONGRATULATIONS BOB!!!

All the best to you and your wife. Thanks so much for the updates, and what to expect with some of the questions. I had no idea that they would call us here in Canada. As well, I'm going to get my girl to get a webcam, so we can talk more often. She is kind of shy now about her English abilities, and we just e-mail letters that are translated for her.
Do you know if the girls can ask for a certain interviewer? If so, I'll tell my girl to talk with the guy with the accent, and not the "Biatch". After all, I want my China doll here with me, with no complications.
Where are you here in Canada by the way?
RC

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 11:17:03 pm »
Quote from: 'rcsingle1' pid='14074' dateline='1251083301'

I had no idea that they would call us here in Canada.

From this website I follow http://www.immigration.ca/discussion2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35408&whichpage=70 One man said they phoned his father to see if he was aware of his son's relationship.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Bob

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 12:07:26 am »
UHH, I can't sleep, too excited (not the dirty kind, get you head out of the gutter, LOL:icon_cheesygrin:)

Arnold, are you sure they give the visa right away? I did not know that, huum, I will ask my wife tomorrow, I just phoned her again a few minutes ago, I asked her when she thinks she will arrive in Canada, she said JIU YUE (September) YES !!! :icon_biggrin:

RC,
 I do not think you can ask for a specific interviewer, you get the one that is appointed to you, I am not sure how that works. I live in the stupid province of Quebec, ya, I know,,,,,:dodgy:

I must admit, I have really good immigration lawyers, when I talked to other "brothers" that I have met down in China, none of their lawyers went that extra mile as mine have. Actually one of the brothers was from Ontario and his lawyer did not do a job in my opinion, his wife did not pass her interview (she is the one that got the "Biatch" officer), he had to make an appeal and eventually won that appeal several months later. His wife is still in China and they told him he will have to wait a few more months before his wife can come to Canada, strange? why all the delays?.

The other "Brother" was from the USA and his wife was also refused because of missing documents. They have to reschedule an appointment with the American Embassy. (more delays)

If anyone from Canada wants the name and website of my immigration lawyers, just send me a PM. Doesn't matter what Province you are from. They supply you with all the immigration documents and files needed, you can access your files 24/7 via there website, you are given a personal account number. They review the completed documents to ensure everything is correct and in order and they mail everything to the Canadian Embassy in Beijing,really much less hassles. They have many years experience with immigration, and as I have stated before they even gave my wife and I and pre-interview one week before the actual interview along with a Chinese translator for my wife, we were 5 in all via telephone conferencing. They explained to my wife and I what to expect during the interview in Beijing and gave us some good advice and guidance. Here is the best part, they offer you a flexible payment method, so you can pay in installments over the months. Again if you want the link just PM me and I will also tell you how much they charged me so you can compare what is the best option for you. Yes, they speak English (they are English) I had excellent service with them. GEE, they should pay me for giving there law firm a plug,,:icon_biggrin:

oh, I almost forgot, the officer that interviewed my wife didn't ask her any sexual questions, I was happy to hear about that, I guess it just depends on the officer you get.

Thanks again guys.:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 12:31:02 am by Bob »

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 12:37:18 am »
CONGRATS!!! Bob, I am sure the two of you will be very happy, now maybe you can relax a little, by the way did you clean the house?, even if you did go and check the bar that the hangers go on and make sure it is clean( no joke ),also make sure that you take all of your socks out of the dirty clothes hamper and put them in a seperate little laundry bag, this is a big thing to the Chinese women, it must be, I have been yelled at more then once for this and after the second time she called me a stupid man, oh and you will see that she will not wash socks with any other laundry and undies are seperate also, expect to have your clothes picked out for you and for her to help you get dressed like a child ( I think this is cool, I'm color blind, hehehe), you'll get used to it, I think JimB is finding this out now, and before I forget, get used to being told," don't eat that, not good for you" and only having maybe 1 or 1 1/4 ounces of meat a day but, be ready to eat like a king and be treated like one too.
Good luck and best wishes brother.
Mike
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 12:39:21 am by MLM »
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

feisnik

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 12:46:07 am »
Conrgrats Bob! Out of curiosity, why is her son not coming with his mother?

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2009, 05:10:19 am »
Congrats mate...well pleased for you...:icon_cheesygrin:

Vince G

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2009, 09:11:47 am »
This is good news. It's rare to hear about the final stretch with so many still waiting. Congrats!

ttwjr32

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2009, 09:16:26 am »
Well congratulations Bob and soon you two will be together.
   long road and journey almost over.   Wow i cant believe that
   they would ask sex questions?????   What revelance does that
   have???  Any person with any common sense would know that
   two people in love and married do this. That has nothing to do
   with the issue at hand. Just seems like an abuse of position and
   nothing you can do about it. Well at least it worked out for you
   and your wife didnt have to be uncomfortable answering those
   kind of questions
    Ted

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2009, 11:31:51 am »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='14100' dateline='1251119786'

Wow i cant believe that they would ask sex questions?????   What revelance does that have???  Any person with any common sense would know that two people in love and married do this.

I am friends with a local business man that told me of a lady he knew that had a man living with her. They married and she applied to sponsor him. Now remember this is an in country application. When they got the interview, they had seperate interviews. When she was asked how often they made love, she replied about once a week. When they questioned him, he replied once a month. Needless to say their application was rejected. The main reason for Hong Kong's drastic wait times - bogus marriages.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 11:32:47 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Vince G

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2009, 07:07:43 pm »
WILLY, WHERE ARE YOU?

What's the news there? How are you adapting? What's happening bro?

Offline Chong

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2009, 09:04:50 pm »
Bob ... Congratulations !!!

I think the British guy had a crush on your lady, hehehe !!! I guess you can't do your second job at the peeler joints on St. Urbain anymore.  :icon_cool:

All the best to you and your wife in Montreal. Do you live anywhere close to the Chinatown on La Gauchetierre / Blvd St. Laurent ???

Offline Bob

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2009, 09:15:49 pm »
Thank you all for the Congrats,

Chong my friend, WOW, you know too much about my town,:icon_cheesygrin:, I almost never go to Montreal, for some reason I find the people there strange? LOL.

I am sitting here in front of my laptop waiting for my wife to come on-line, I want to get all the details about the interview from her, I will let you all know what happened as soon as I know.

Talk to you soon.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 09:17:28 pm by Bob »

Offline Chong

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2009, 09:36:38 pm »
Bob,

Montreal's my hometown also. I lived there from '62 till '79 ... that's 19--, not 1862-1879 ... hahaha

Your wife HAVE TO TRY THE "BUTTER ROLLS" at the Chinatown bakeries. They're the best, nobody here in China makes them at all. They look like a normal swirling bun but they ooze with butter inside them.

Which suburb/city do you now reside ???

Yes ... Thank You. Martin, RC, Rhonald and I would love to hear what questions your wife was asked.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2009, 11:11:37 pm »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='14154' dateline='1251155263'

WILLY, WHERE ARE YOU?

What's the news there? How are you adapting? What's happening bro?

Still around - been travelling to Xia's  homeland of Shaoguan where we intend to live in the New Year.  Been to meet all the family and got on very well and we both received lots of Red Envelopes when we left yesterday which is going towards the new apartment we are buying in Shaoguan.

I feel as though I have lived here for a long long time but it is only just 2 months.

Maybe I will do a two month report next or maybe leave it until 3 months.

Willy
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 11:12:57 pm by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

ttwjr32

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2009, 12:47:42 am »
Well Willy it looks like the streets will be safe for all the ladies in your
     city now that Xia has taken you off the streets and is making you settle
     down..  hahahaha  just joking  maybe the four of us could go there
     when im there in a week and half. wow now im getting antsy
     Ted