Author Topic: Soon it will all be over  (Read 5732 times)

Offline Bob

Soon it will all be over
« on: August 19, 2009, 12:28:59 pm »
Well, I just wanted to share this with all the brothers here, recent update on me and my Tai Tai (lao poa)

I just had a per-interview with my wife and our immigration lawyers via telephone conferencing, total of 5 of us, I was lucky in the sense that there was a Chinese lawyer working at the firm so she helped translate back and forth for my wife. It all lasted one hour, my wife's interview in Beijing is on Monday the 24th of August and the lawyers wanted to have a conference call between all of us to discuss what to expect during the interview process and what type of questions will be asked. The immigration lawyers gave a lot of helpful advice and guidance for both me and my wife (more for my wife since she will be the one in the interview) the lawyers said sometimes they will phone the husband and sometimes they will not, basically depends on how well they are satisfied with the answers my wife will give them, if they are not completely satisfied with a question, then they will probably phone me to get my answer and see if it matches my wife's answer.

I was surprised and a little offended when the lawyers told us that some immigration officers will sometimes ask direct explicit sexual questions concerning our sexual relationship. At first I told the immigration lawyers that "it's none of their damn business", the lawyer said "THAT IS A NO,NO!" He said that he understands that this may seem inappropriate and embarrassing for the lady, however he said that the last thing you want to do is to refuse to answer a question and possibly get the officer upset, do not cause a fuss. He said simply answer the questions no matter what they are and that's all. My wife has mentioned to me that a friend of hers that is married to an American fellow, just completed her interview last month, and the officer ask her sexual questions like " what position does your husband like?", and "how often do you have sex?", WOW !!! I could not believe it !!! I know they want to find out if the relationship is real and all, but that is pushing it !!  They may also ask questions like "does your husband have any birth marks on his body or tattoos" Those types of questions are fine. anyways my wife's friend was REJECTED, and the interview was terminated, manly because they forgot to send in a document that was required of her American husband. He has since sent her the required missing document and they have to reschedule a date for anther interview. This obviously causes delays for them.

Our immigration lawyers have advised my wife and I that they have a colleague (lawyer) that is currently in Beijing, and they will ask him if his schedule is free that day so he can accompany my wife to the interview, I thought that would be great.
The lawyers said that the Embassy in Beijing/ office of immigration, is the second most difficult place for the interviews, they seem to have a high rate of refusals, gee, that sucks. :icon_confused:

for those of you that will be going though an interview, you or you wife, or both, must go in there with confidence and basically sell yourself, answer ALL the questions that the immigration officer will ask and be clear with your answers. Make sure all your documents and paperwork is in order and there is nothing missing, your answers must obviously match your information that you have entered on your documents and application,these guys don't fool around.

Well, here's hoping all goes well, on the 23rd we will have our answer, I will keep you all updated.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 06:00:27 pm by Bob »

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
RE: Soon it will all be over
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 01:26:57 pm »
Bob, at least your wife won't have to face the BLACK PEARL in Guangzhou, please send our wishes of good luck and best wishes to your wife and here is hoping for a very PINK day for the two of you.
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline ahkiwi

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 04:37:38 pm »
Good luck Bob, to both you & to your wife!

Thanks for posting whats happening too :)
World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago.

Ali (???)
QQ: 860848209

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 05:23:34 pm »
Good luck Bob, hope you get it sorted mate...

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 10:02:24 pm »
Best of luck to you both Bob - hope all goes well.

At least in the UK they are not permitted to ask any questions involving sex.  That is regarded as sexual harrassment and the interviewee can be charged with an offence.  

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 02:39:04 am »
That is wayyy to inapropriate as far as I am concerned also. Since 911 the government is letting these guys get away with way to much crap all in the name of national Security when it has nothing to do with NS.
Any way, good luck man. Keeping our fingers crossed.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 05:23:14 am »
Hey Bob...since you are further in the process than others of us, can you post some info in the Canadian Immigration thread here http://www.chnlove.info/showthread.php?tid=108&pid=13097#pid13097

Specifically, can you tell us about Beijing...how long have you been in the process...I have heard Beijing is faster.

Good luck with the interview, eh!

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 09:49:58 pm »
Fingers and toes crossed for you Bob
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Bob

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 11:00:46 pm »
Thank you all for your kind words, it is very encouraging to have all the brothers support.  

Martin, I will try as soon as possible, at the moment however I am getting prepared for the interview and getting things in order. this Sunday night, the 23rd of August I must wait by the phone from 8:00pm until 12:00am in case the Embassy in Beijing decides to call me. As you all know it will be Monday morning in China at that time.

rcsingle1

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 11:16:36 pm »
Quote from: 'Bob' pid='13451' dateline='1250699339'

The lawyers said that the Embassy in Beijing/ office of immigration, is the second most difficult place for the interviews, they seem to have a high rate of refusals, gee, that sucks. :icon_confused:

for those of you that will be going though an interview, you or you wife, or both, must go in there with confidence and basically sell yourself, answer ALL the questions that the immigration officer will ask and be clear with your answers. Make sure all your documents and paperwork is in order and there is nothing missing, your answers must obviously match your information that you have entered on your documents and application,these guys don't fool around.

Well, here's hoping all goes well, on the 23rd we will have our answer, I will keep you all updated.

Hey Bob,
Good luck, and I hope that everything goes well. Keep us posted, about the Beijing Embassy. My girl will have to go there in the future for her interview, so hopefully you can give us some insight as to what to expect.
RC

Offline Bob

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 09:36:37 pm »
UPDATE,,,,,, I just had my phone call from the Canadian Embassy in Beijing, my wife is currently in her interview (just completed). The officer asked me a few question, took about 10 minutes, then he told me she is ACCEPTED, we PASSED the interview, YIPPEE HOORAY !!!,  MY wife will now receive her permanent resident visa to Canada. I am SOOOOO excited. My wife is also very happy, but I also know she is probably feeling a little sad too because she will be leaving her son and family behind. Of course this is normal and understanding. We will try to return to China as often as possible to visit with them.

WOW, what a relief, I can breath again, my wife and I were pretty tense these past few days leading up to this interview. When I phoned my wife early this morning at her hotel in Beijing she was very tired, she was nervous and could not sleep. Well now onto the next step, making the final preparations for her arrival to Canada. I was thinking maybe I will fly down there to meet her and spend a few days in Wuhan then fly back with her to her new and strange world.

My wife was lucky, her interview guy was really nice, he had a British accent, very polite fellow. Her girlfriend however was not so lucky,she received a (Biache) of women interviewer with an attitude, she failed her friend almost immediately. I guess the good man upstairs was looking after us.

Well, it is late, time for bed, I will try to get some rest, but it will be difficult, feels like I just won the lottery. :icon_biggrin: I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the brothers  here for their support and encouragement, you guys really helped me to get through this.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 09:46:27 pm by Bob »

Arnold

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 09:44:42 pm »
Congrat's to both of you Bob . Hope you have some Finger's left to sign more Paper's later ?
They ask you question , to see if they match your Wife's . right ? Oh , what a relief ... i'm sure of that ?
An extra Trip to carry her over to Canada , hey ... :icon_cheesygrin:why not .

Offline Bob

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 10:07:05 pm »
Thank Arnold,  The interview guy asked me how do I communicate with my wife since she does not know much English, I explained to him that I am in the process of learning some Mandarin (slowly) and we have a electronic translator, I also explained that we web-cam each other almost every night for the past year and I write to her in Chinese using a software program, actually we can communicate very well, even when I went to China to be with her on 3 visits to China, we feel so much at ease with each other that we know what the other is thinking most of the time. I also explained to him that I have been to a few of her English classes when I was down there, she went to 2 different teachers in the past year, and the teachers on 3 different occasions they actually asked me to give the course, I did not mind though. Then I went to interview a possible adult school for teaching English for my wife, I asked them many questions like, how do you give your English courses? what is the curriculum? can I speak with the English teachers,,they were not able to answer my questions and refused to allow me to speak to the English teacher, when I asked them if they knew what the word meant in their company name, they did not know! WHAT A JOKE!!! I told my wife that I will teach her English or perhaps wait until she arrives here in Canada and send her to Proper English courses. The officer was happy with that answer,
Then he asked me what I do as a living, I told him I was in the adult entertainment business,,ha ha I'M JOKING, just checking if you are paying attention.:icon_cheesygrin: but he did ask me what I do as a living (job wise) and that just about it! oh and he said that her son must take his medical, I asked him why?, he is not coming to Canada with his mother, he said "yes, i know" but that is the law, So okay, no problem, her son will take his medical, we will mail it to them and that was it, He then said she PASSED the interview and wished us good luck and he was happy for the both of us. In all the excitement I forgot to ask him when we can expect to receive the visa. So that is what happened.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 10:46:17 pm »
:blush::icon_biggrin::icon_cheesygrin: way to go and best luck. Now stop biting your fingers.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 10:47:11 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Arnold

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 10:57:13 pm »
Thanks Bob , very much appreciated the insides of him asking you some question's . Well , now I'm nervous as well as my Wife . Hahaha , just kidding .
The Visa at the US colsulate takes about two to three day's and you go and pick it up . The Canadian Consulate , you receive it as soon as they finished their Dumpling's .
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 10:57:58 pm by Arnold »