Author Topic: Where to look for woman in Beijing.  (Read 1683 times)

Offline daghoi

Where to look for woman in Beijing.
« on: August 19, 2009, 05:24:51 pm »
Just back from Beijing were I saw a lot of things, one of the things that did surprise me was what I saw in Zongshan Park . Walked in there with a nice woman and suddenly she started to giggle and took my arm, whispered that I had to see this. Among the threes there was a lot of adults chatting quietly among the threes. As we walked between them she starts to giggle even more. When the worst is over she tells me what’s going on. The place is actually a “dating site”. The parents are meeting there to find a potential partner for their son/daughter. She translate and tells me that they chat about how god catch their child are and what they can offer, in terms of jobs/salary/apartment etc. Most of the people carry a little poster with the selling points of their child. Most of them were in their thirties and well educated. As the girl told me, she guessed that most of the children were not aware of their parents trying to match them there.
At least this goes on for Saturday and Sunday, maybe other days of the week also. If you are in the area check it out. Northern part of the Zongshang part were you can see the walls of the Forbidden City on the other side of the small canal.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 05:28:16 pm by daghoi »

David5o

RE: Where to look for woman in Beijing.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 06:11:15 pm »
Daghoi,

These things go on all over Beijing, and other cities and towns too. There mostly frustrated parents of Children that haven't shown any interest in finding girlfriends and boyfriends of there own. And yes you've guessed it, some of those children are gay, but the parents are unaware of that fact...haha!!

These parents will go to all the gathering places in there city or town, and if they are still unsuccessful, will even travel outside of there city too.... It's not unusual to see them showing Degree certs, photo's of houses/apartments, even monthly bank accounts slips. How successful these match making things are is any-one's guess!! They can get into quite heated discussions, but then that's second nature to them, raising there voices doesn't normally mean anger, you need to look at the faces and mannerisms to see if there is anger or not!! ...haha!!

Just another little one, of the Chinese custom shocks that you will come across on your trips to China, not that you would know what the hell was going on, unless like yourself you had someone to point it out and tell you what was going on... lol!!

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 02:44:23 am »
Yes, it is funny to see once you know what it is.  But the best place to meet a beautiful young professional women is at 8 am to 9 am at McDonalds.  I kid you not.  The places are packed with them not only in Beijing but  Xi'an, Wuhan, all of them. Very neat to see.  Actually Su Fe did a thing on it in one of her videos.  I mean the dating parks.  Pretty funny piece.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Danny

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 08:15:30 am »
I actually met a woman on chnlove where her parents had paid for the marriage agency fees for her, because they were so worried that she had not managed to find anyone. It turns out the reason that she hadn't managed to find anyone was that she absolutely mad as a hatter. I felt sorry for her, and her parents too, for that matter. But boy oh boy, she was nuts. And talk about a bad temper!!! *laughs*

Offline daghoi

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 12:01:58 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='13498' dateline='1250719875'

Daghoi,

These things go on all over Beijing, and other cities and towns too. There mostly frustrated parents of Children that haven't shown any interest in finding girlfriends and boyfriends of there own. And yes you've guessed it, some of those children are gay, but the parents are unaware of that fact...haha!!

These parents will go to all the gathering places in there city or town, and if they are still unsuccessful, will even travel outside of there city too.... It's not unusual to see them showing Degree certs, photo's of houses/apartments, even monthly bank accounts slips. How successful these match making things are is any-one's guess!! They can get into quite heated discussions, but then that's second nature to them, raising there voices doesn't normally mean anger, you need to look at the faces and mannerisms to see if there is anger or not!! ...haha!!

Just another little one, of the Chinese custom shocks that you will come across on your trips to China, not that you would know what the hell was going on, unless like yourself you had someone to point it out and tell you what was going on... lol!!

One thing i must mention was how "cultivated" it was. It was just like a cocktail party, people circulating/mingling and the tone of their voices was very soft and discret. Other places people basicallay shouted to each other.

TStop

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 12:05:38 am »
They did it in Shanghai right across from the hotel I was staying in.  It was in the People's Park.