Author Topic: Step by Step on marrying in China  (Read 3773 times)

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
Step by Step on marrying in China
« on: April 09, 2009, 02:08:42 pm »
If someone knows, can they give me a step by step on getting married in China?  I thought it would also be a good place to put it.

Thanks
Sarge
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
Re: Step by Step on marrying in China
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 06:55:23 pm »
Thanks. That is what i needed.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
Re: Step by Step on marrying in China
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 07:42:06 pm »
http://geo.international.gc.ca/asia/china/immigration/default-en.aspx - this is the Canadian link to Embassies or Consulates in China

« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 11:48:38 am by Irishman »
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 11:46:46 am by Irishman »
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
RE: Step by Step on marrying in China
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 10:04:19 am »
My question to the group.  

If the lady you are marrying is retired and getting money from the state, does she forfeit that retirement if she marries a foreigner and moves out of China?

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 12:18:54 pm »
i asked a lady this question and she said yes. You give up all rights to a state pension once you leave China.  She does not have to marry - just live abroad.  

A private pension is ok but not state.

Willy
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 12:19:42 pm by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

David5o

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 12:29:55 pm »
Buzz,

The unfortunate answer is YES she loses ALL State benefits!!... Which is why those in your position should weigh up the advantages and disadvantages of marrying outside of China!!  Think about counties such as Malaysia, Japan Thailand etc to get married. That is one situation that Lucy will not have to endure when we tie the knot in Cyprus, we have sorted that side of things out already, and know exactly what we are doing. hahaha!!

When you think that these ladies have worked all there lives, to be entitled to that pension, and it can be stolen by the government at a stroke, ...it's not a good situation at all!!!

If you do marry outside of China, she must never tell any official body that she is married. They will stop her pension and any other benefits she may be entitled too. She can still renew her passport wherever she is living, just by using her present details... It is not against any law in China to have to state your marital status, ...that was the last i heard anyway.  Even if it is, i'd still encourage Lucy or any other woman to say nothing, why should the State steal money that is rightfully theirs!!!!

Additionally, further to what Willy has stated, Just have her pension paid direct to her account, and leave it there making interest and collect it when she next visits China. It's not difficult to get around these things, it just needs a little thought or as i would call it,  ....a little ''ducking and diving''.  It's what I've been realising for some time now, it just doesn't pay to be honest with officialdom, because if you are, they'll screw you at every turn!! ......

David....
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 12:44:45 pm by David5o »

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 12:53:04 pm »
Willy and David, thanks.  I had heard rumors to such, nice to know the facts.  So what type of Visa do we look for?  buzz

David5o

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 01:19:48 pm »
Buzz,

I'm afraid that's where you will have to ask your fellow Americans, being from the UK I just can't answer that one for you.... What i will say is, that whatever country  you marry in, get your marriage papers documented at the local embassy/consulate.... It's then officially noted and recorded!!

David.....

Offline ssetho

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 02:26:33 pm »
Here is info on a step by step way to marrying a Chinese woman in China - http://www.mychinalove.net/marrying_in_china_1.php Hope it helps.