Author Topic: Translation software.  (Read 964 times)

Offline wilsbrough

• Li
Translation software.
« on: August 22, 2009, 09:47:25 am »
Hi guy's

I have searched the threads, but i still can't find the answer. What i am after is a good translation program to install onto my computer, I have around £100/$150 to play with, and i wondered if anyone knows of a good program for this price, I use google translate and MDBG, which are ok, but if you have tried them yourselfs, you'll know they are not perfect, and pretty limited. Have any of you guys installed one onto your computers? Or if the thread is out there, can you point me in the right direction to it.

Cheers
Andy

Ps, i'm after one that will translate both ways, ie Chinese script and pin yin into English, and my English into Chinese script and pin yin (i need the pin yin so i can send a sms from my phone)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 09:51:10 am by wilsbrough »
Every now and then i get a little bit nervous at the death of all the years have gone by....!

Offline Ed W

RE: Translation software.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 10:14:12 am »
I've tried several programs and found that they all get close but my wife still found them frustrating. This was her attitude prior ot marriage. After marriage she seems to be open to any way it can be translated.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
RE: Translation software.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 07:19:39 am »
I use "Transwhiz" and I am told it does a good job, but its very expensive.....($1000+)  It does not translate from Pin Yin to English, but does do Chinese to Pin Yin. Plus it does both Traditional and Simplified Chinese to English and vice-versa. and reverse translation both ways.
DavidE