Author Topic: MEMBERS LIVING IN CHINA  (Read 1623 times)

ttwjr32

MEMBERS LIVING IN CHINA
« on: August 23, 2009, 12:06:19 pm »
I thought it would be interesting if we had a thread or posting of
   members who took the step and moved to china. then new and old
   members could direct any questions to them if they are planning a
   trip to the city they live in.  or we could help them in any way with
   arrangements for coming there. my freind Willy is in zhuhai and i will
   be in guangzhou shortly other than that i am not sure who else is
   there. just a thought as someone there could be of great help in
   helping others. what do you think on this????

Ted

Scottish_Rob

RE: MEMBERS LIVING IN CHINA
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 02:08:06 pm »
Will be in Qingdao from November...

China Shark Mike in Shenzen (already there)

ttwjr32

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 09:20:17 pm »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='14015' dateline='1251050886'

Will be in Qingdao from November...

China Shark Mike in Shenzen (already there)

will you be staying there from then on?  or just visiting rob?

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 05:03:58 am »
Getting married and living there from 16th November mate...

I met my Keren in November through my cupid note to her, things took a turn for the better, in that our relationship (although not met yet) grew.

I decided to move there because it seemed an easier option, and because I did not want her to leave her family, knowing how important family is in their culture, apart from which, I was on my own, and their would have been more hassle trying to get them here than me going there...

Once I decided that I was going to move there, the first thing I thought about was 'what' am I going to do for a living, so I needed work, and this is what I come up with...

Here is the steps towards getting work as a teacher, which I think would be 'helpful' if anyone wants to move anywhere in China, and who needs to get work

I put my name onto the 'www.abroadchina.com' teaching site, filled in a resume and then sent it off to a few collages and universities.  Because I have never 'taught properly' I suppose i never expected to hear anything back...BUT BOY was I wrong...With the wealth of experience I have with through my Youth Work days, I have 'taught' in small groups and workshops, so I am supposing that this has helped.

There is a criteria to get teaching jobs through there, 1) Be a Fluent English Speaker; 2) Have at least a BA or BSc Degree; 3) (USUALLY) Have a Teaching Certificate, (however, this IS NOT really that important in SOME PLACES because they will put you through the relevant course should they want to...

In all resume's that I sent off I put in it, that I am not qualified as a teacher, BUT I'M WILLING to go on ANY and ALL courses needed, should THEY want me too...  I have currently had 8 job offers throughout China, and have been LUCKY enough to get an offer in Qingdao, (which of course I think I will take...hehehe)

Once I am there if anyone needs any advice feel free to contact me...

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 08:34:44 pm »
I'll be moving to Tianjin next year, currently planning on doing that around June.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 11:01:48 pm »
Well Ted as you know I am living in Zhuhai until the New Year and always willing to help out with anything I can do.

In the New Year myself and Xia are moving to her homeland of Shaoguan where we put down a deposit on a new apartment at the Weekend.

So I think we are officially engaged!

Willy
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 11:04:35 pm by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

ttwjr32

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 12:40:47 am »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='14177' dateline='1251169308'

Well Ted as you know I am living in Zhuhai until the New Year and always willing to help out with anything I can do.

In the New Year myself and Xia are moving to her homeland of Shaoguan where we put down a deposit on a new apartment at the Weekend.

So I think we are officially engaged!

Willy

congrats to you and xia willy happy to hear the good news  looks like i will see you two in 2 weeks
ted

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 05:27:06 am »
Willy and Xia...CONGRATS mate that is excellent news, I am really pleased for you:icon_cheesygrin: