Author Topic: Advice sought. Has this happened to you?  (Read 4908 times)

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
RE: Advice sought. Has this happened to you?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 12:52:35 pm »
Just have Ronan make the dumplings, a lot of them, I want some too, Zhou and I'll bring the hot pot :icon_biggrin:
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2009, 05:45:17 pm »
Chinese New Year falling on the same day as Valentine's day. Match made in heaven
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 05:58:34 pm »
When did Christmas day, last fall on New Year's Day?
Does anyone know???

Offline Danny

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 06:36:29 pm »
Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='14411' dateline='1251340440'

Mark , Shaun is right . When chinese Family get together , you must wait it out , because you are not part of their Family just yet . They feel , they do not need to tell you ... for some reason I don't understand sometimes . Do give her some more time . I guess you havn't been around during Chinese New Year yet . Some might wait two week's then . If you like her , don't give up so easy .

Arnold, after my experience, Chinese New Year is always going to be the blackest time of the year for me. There is no way I am going to be anywhere near the place in February. Too many unhappy memories. Anyhow I am back to Zhuhai in a couple of weeks. I am taking my daughter this time. She is a really sweet kid and I enjoy her company. So no matter what happens with my relationship, we're going to have a blast.

I agree with you about time passing. As a general rule, when you are with a Western girl, if they don't ring every day it's because their feelings are cooling toward you. By contrast, and as a general rule, if you don't hear from your Chinese girl for a week or two, it might mean nothing at all. Her feelings will not have changed one way or the other. It should be noted that she might not have had any feelings for you in the first place, but if she did have feelings for you, then they will not have cooled. In fact, if you can stay relaxed, and not go bananas during that time (which I have to confess, I have come close to doing), you can come out of these gaps looking better than you did before.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 06:42:27 pm by Danny »

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2009, 05:51:43 am »
Yeaaaa!  Party at Willy's for New years.  i will be back then too.  Willy will you have enough floor space for people to pass out on?  Hopefully you will have hardwood floors as carpeting is sometimes tough to get clean after one of these things.  LOL
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2009, 07:27:52 am »
Lol, I think Willy has gone into hiding!!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Peter

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2009, 07:28:56 am »
markymark
You should get used to this situation.
My wife doesn't tell me everything... I guess she thinks that she should not bother me me small issues.. If she ask or tell me things it is usually more important things she want to talk about. She is in charge of the household and is capable to make her own decisions..
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2009, 07:30:25 am »
Quote from: 'Irishman' pid='14693' dateline='1251545272'

Isn't that the usual way with those bloody Londoners...heheh:angel:

Is the Party 'fancy dress?'...:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009, 09:49:19 am »
Quote from: 'JimB' pid='14685' dateline='1251539503'

Yeaaaa!  Party at Willy's for New years.  i will be back then too.  Willy will you have enough floor space for people to pass out on?  Hopefully you will have hardwood floors as carpeting is sometimes tough to get clean after one of these things.  LOL

Carpet s there are no such thing down here - everywhere is tiled.  Every to clear the mess up.   No hiding lads - just been locked away trying to decide how to say - '36 for dinner in january.'  and then escape with at least one arm and leg intact.  

No seriously she would not do that - only goes for the places where it wont show.

Willy

Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='14695' dateline='1251545425'

Quote from: 'Irishman' pid='14693' dateline='1251545272'

Isn't that the usual way with those bloody Londoners...heheh:angel:

Is the Party 'fancy dress?'...:icon_cheesygrin:

Bloody Londoner - i have not told her about 36 to dinner yet - are you a fortune teller?

Willy
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 09:53:02 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline markymark

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2009, 06:41:22 pm »
Thank you guys for your advice and for the welcome Shaun. I guess it is just a bit of a surprise with disappearing like that. To my mind it does tend to show a scant consideration for someone.

Yes ,Arnold I do like her but now I am non-plussed and will get on with some other plans for going to China.

Martin if you want a copy of the questionnaire pm me and I'll send it to you.

Vince, I got the feeling it was like an application, Hmmmm I wonder if it pays well and has good benefits. Part 2 of the application might be meet the parents! ha ha

Danny the thought had crossed my mind as to her real feelings, it was just the part about choosing our marriage and to me it seemed too early to talk about that especially that we have not met. I got the feeling she was in a hurry to marry.

Peter, I guess that is how they are.

Willy, What is the Chinese view on an even number for a party, is 36 a good number? They say many hands make light work maybe get your D I Y list ready if need to.
"You'll like this, not a lot" Paul Daniels

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 04:38:50 am »
What do you mean 36...Willy there are bloody 240 members on here....LOL:angel:

Offline markymark

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009, 09:25:20 am »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='14824' dateline='1251621530'

What do you mean 36...Willy there are bloody 240 members on here....LOL:angel:

it is looking better all the time. If you use numerology then the base number of 240 is 6. If I am not mistaken, 6 is the luckiest number according to the Chinese, well we hope Willy thinks so too. LOL

David5o

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 09:31:05 am »
Markymark,

Sorry Mark 8 is the lucky number the Chinese favour most. The more 8's the better!!  ..haha!!

David....
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 09:31:26 am by David5o »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2009, 10:26:01 am »
Lucky numbers or not.  I have been reequested to attend the Public Security Bureau on Monday afternoon.

Friday morning a police officer was knocking on my door and wanted my passport and to see my lease agreement for the apartment.   Of course my girl was here with me that did not go down to well.  Well he realised she was not just visiting by the fact she was in Pj's and I was in my boxers!!!! Fancy dress party - no way at 9.30am.

It was not just a special visit to my place they called at every apartment.   So now I have been called to the PSB so anyone staying at any place other than a hotel then do not forget to register before being called.

Hopefully all will turn out well and i will let you know - in my favour is the fact that I had a week back in UK and only came back into China on 12th August.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline markymark

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 11:27:35 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='14863' dateline='1251639065'

Markymark,

Sorry Mark 8 is the lucky number the Chinese favour most. The more 8's the better!!  ..haha!!

David....

I stand corrected, thank you David5o. I knew it was  1 either side of ' lucky number 7 ' and for me 8 has always been... well not so lucky :s especially with cars or house numbers. Maybe that's why I was nearly sure it was 6.