Author Topic: Advice sought. Has this happened to you?  (Read 4910 times)

Offline markymark

Advice sought. Has this happened to you?
« on: August 26, 2009, 09:03:06 pm »
Hello everyone, first of all thank you for this forum, your experience, combined knowledge and wealth of information, it is most helpful. I also like the banter you guys have, it's very funny.

I am trying to give as complete a picture as possible and apologise for the length of this letter, but, to the more experienced people, they may see something I cannot.

My quandry is:  I was contacted  by a lady saying she liked my profile and we had things in common. In fact we had many things in common. We seemed to get along great and were of like minds regarding the future and of what we wanted. She was honest and said that there was some guy who was writing to her. I got the feeling she had been trawling the site while writing to him and then contacted me, ( her perogative to do so ). In less than a week with 3 very long letters each she was on about making a choice, I told her she was free to do what she thought was best for herself and that we are both free to walk away from this if desired. I thought that she had opted for the other guy. I prepared to move on and thought nothing more about it. Her unexpected next letter was about Chinese wedding traditions and that I could choose our wedding but she would prefer a Chinese wedding because she has never been married. She also sent a questionnaire for me to answer, all of which came as a massive surprise. She must have been busy learning how to use google translator and gave me her email address to send the reply to probably because of the personal info from the questions I reckon. They were nothing sexual but the innuendo was very subtle and the answers may have been a little embarrassing in front of an interpreter. She also requested some more photos which I sent. I have heard nothing from her for 5 days. This is not like her because she answers promptly. I know she was going home from Hong Kong to Shenzhen because it was her birthday early this week, also her father's birthday is sometime this week too and I guess all the family will be together. In view of the above I am not sure what to do. I have written to her but had no reply, so I am thinking of moving on due to lack of communication. I know it is an open question but would I be doing the right thing, am I being fair to her? Do they normally tell you if they wish to stop writing assuming that is the case. I just wondered if anyone had experienced a similar thing and what do they make of this.

Many thanks for your time.
"You'll like this, not a lot" Paul Daniels

shaun

RE: Advice sought. Has this happened to you?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 09:11:48 pm »
Mark,

I do not have a lot of experience but have talked with a few women.  She could simply be away with her family and didn't bother you with the small details.  I can't remember one time a woman telling me she was going away but told me she really missed me when she came back.

It is up to you as to what you would do but I would give it a few more days before leaving.  But don't take my word for it let see what the others say.

By the way Mark, welcome to the brotherhood you have already and will continue to find good information here along with a wide range of opinions.

Shaun

Arnold

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 10:34:00 pm »
Mark , Shaun is right . When chinese Family get together , you must wait it out , because you are not part of their Family just yet . They feel , they do not need to tell you ... for some reason I don't understand sometimes . Do give her some more time . I guess you havn't been around during Chinese New Year yet . Some might wait two week's then . If you like her , don't give up so easy .

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 10:57:15 pm »
Good idea to start mentioning the Chinese New year now.  It will be a long time for some of our guys to not get letters.  Family time is very important, and writing letters gets put on the back burner at times.

I am curious about this questionnaire...what was this about?

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 11:22:17 pm »
My lady told me she was going to a spa with her Uncle, (retired general), no communication, did ask the translator and she explained the custom.  Also no pressure from the local agency for EMF money.  Seems everyone understands this is just the way it is with family time.

Vince G

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 12:15:33 am »
Mark, Go into your account and in the send link see if she got that last letter? She may have gotten it but is waiting to reply later when she has the time back home.

Processing your application may take longer then she thought? :icon_cheesygrin:

What they said about the family thing is true. Give her a few days more.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 12:48:10 am »
I hope to get married during the Chinese new year, hope I'm allowed in the celebrations for that one :P:icon_eek::icon_razz:
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 09:42:53 pm »
Anyone know when the Chinese New Year is in 2010.  Our New apartment in Shaoguan should be fitted out in January and it maybe a good time to move in during the celebrations.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 03:59:10 am »
According to here its February 14th.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 04:29:11 am »
Hey Irish , sounds like Willy will have an open house around Chinese New Year time , maybe we should book out a local hotel for Brotha's and wives/ girlfriends , hehe .:icon_cheesygrin:
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 08:25:57 am »
Sounds good to me Robert, parrrtaaay!
Willy, start stocking up on booze :D

ttwjr32

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 09:57:40 am »
Wow Willy thanks for inviting us all to a party at your place on the new year.
  I will be living in guangzhou then and not to far from Willy so i could make
  arrangements at a hotel there for some members also.

Willy are your catering this out or are you having Xia do all the cooking???
  Maybe i could ask Sisi if she wants to help Xia.
  hahahahahaha   take care
           Ted

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 11:28:43 am »
Willy I'll bring the Dumplings....:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Norb Smith

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 11:45:27 am »
SRob your better forget the dumplings especially if Martin has been invited, you wont be able to afford them......LOL
To have good neighbors, you need to be a good neighbor

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 11:49:45 am »
Oh Oh I forgot, willy I bring something else mate...lol:angel:

Thanks for that Norb, God that could have cost me a fortune...Phew:s
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 11:50:06 am by Scottish_Rob »