Author Topic: MSN/English Web translator - what is my lady using?  (Read 1246 times)

brett

MSN/English Web translator - what is my lady using?
« on: August 27, 2009, 07:07:18 am »
Hi all,

I used MSN Messenger to communicate with my lady for the first time without a translator which was really cool.

She was able to type a few English phrases and she said she used "English Web" to help her. Does anyone know what this is, if indeed it is the name of some software? Unfortunately she's gone away on a business trip so I can't ask her for a couple of days.

Also does anyone know of a good computer based English -> Chinese translation tool? I sent a few words and phrases I'd translated from Google, which is good for single words but when I translated my phrases back into English again they were complete rubbish. For example I wanted to say I would send photos via email, but I kept getting things like "you send photos", which is obviously the opposite of what I wanted to do say :icon_cheesygrin:.

Failing that we'll just have to communicate in emoticons :dodgy::heart::huh::fi_lone_ranger::icon_biggrin: until my Mandarin course starts in October.

David5o

RE: MSN/English Web translator - what is my lady using?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 07:13:14 am »
Brett,

Yes .... i think she was using ''Tbot 2  Apha'' ...It's an IM translation gizmo that you load onto your messenger, I've used it. It's not so bad actually. Download it yourself and try it...

David.....
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 07:18:09 am by David5o »

Offline Hajo

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 01:39:04 pm »
My wife used "YoudaoDict" and I used MDBG. Not always completely right, but it makes conversation possible. MDBG uses Google translate, but it is very good if you want to learn Chinese.
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 12:41:17 pm »
I find that the exchange of words between us is enhanced by the use of Sildenfil Citrate.  The flow of both Chinese and English merge together to become almost incoherrent in such a way that a solution is eventually inevitable.  Very little conversation follows.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

shaun

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 10:43:33 pm »
Willy, you really crack me up.