Author Topic: dissapointed  (Read 12526 times)

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
dissapointed
« on: April 06, 2009, 11:08:00 pm »
Wasn't sure where else to post this so here will do.

Received a letter today from the girl I've been writing to daily for two months.  She mentioned she liked the picture I sent her of me in shorts.  Problem is, I have never sent her a picture of me in shorts.  It goes on to say how happy she was to meet me and it seemed like an introductory letter really.  I filed a complaint figuring either the last message was meant for someone else or I've been duped for the last two months.  Really feeling sick to stomach about now.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline maxx

Re: dissapointed
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 12:04:35 am »
Neil 24 hour rule.You cannot write this women a nasty letter or do anything bad for 24 hours.contact customer care and tell them what happend they will take care of it.Wate for customer care.This is really important.A few members have wrecked ther own relationships.When they jumped all over the lady they were writing.For  something like this that gets lost in translation.

I don't know your story.But are you writing to the lady useing the EMF service? If so the translater your lady is useing probably had a mistake.Your Lady is not the translaters only client.One translater can have as many as ten women.That they are working with.

Offline Neil

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 12:13:33 am »
Mmm, good point Maxx.  I haven't replied to her EMF so yeah, I'll wait for the result of my complaint.  

I have a feeling I'd like to lead my lady off EMF's to email or something but she doesn't have a computer or internet, or speak english.  Providing of course we can work through this mess.

Arnold

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 01:39:52 am »
Neil , Maxx is right in this matter . Two month's is not a long time and moving to E-Mail will complicate it for you more at this stage , with your Lady not having a computer or speak english , so how is that going to work ? In this case you must stick with the EMF's for some time longer ,after finding out of course about WHO wore the Short's here ? Those mistakes seem to happen to many of our Member's off and on , but we must not blame the Lady right away , as Maxx pointed out , don't ruin something that could turn into a Life's dream . Let us know , what Chnlove has to say about this goof-up .

Offline Ed W

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 12:01:52 pm »
I tried to get my lady to do direct email and I would use translation software on my end. She instantly found it frustrating so we went back to EMF's. Having your messages correctly translated can make the growth of the relationship more comfortable for her, and you.

I once suggested to her if I could send messages straight through the agency and save a buck on translations, avoiding the middleman. The next day she said to write her personal email and they would be translated there. Confused, I asked who I was supposed to pay for translations? She said she was since she can get it done for much cheaper than I could. So far I haven't heard of anyone else being this fortunate but it was apparently so important to her that our relationship grow with as few misunderstandings as possible, that was her resolve.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline maxx

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 07:07:34 pm »
Neil glad to hear that it worked out for you and your lady.

I know the  24 hour rule is tough to live by when your the one in the situation.But that is why we have that rule to slow the member down.To Give them time to think about it.Give customer care  a chance to look into it .And to give the other members a chance to give there opinion.So far it has worked.For the other members.

good luck
Maxx

Offline Neil

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 06:48:44 pm »
Resolved

Turns out the translator was keeping all the letters he dealt with in the same word file and accidentally sent the wrong letter to me.  I guess they contacted my lady and explained the issue and she talked to the translator who apologized to her and burst into tears.  Poor guy.  I feel bad for him but I'm sure he won't make a mistake like that again.  

All in all I am very pleased with the way the issue was handled by the company.  They seemed genuinely concerned and made every effort to remedy the situation, including crediting me one credit.   :)

Now I can get back to lovin' my girl!  :D

Offline Danny

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 04:39:54 pm »
There's a saying: only bad things happen suddenly, good things take time.

When you're building an important relationship, trust between two people, you can ruin it in a single moment.

If you really care about someone, you need to always give them the benefit of the doubt, always.

In this situation it would have been easy to lose it, but from what I read, you handled it really well, and it all reflects well on you.

The 24 hour rule - if I had any artistic leanings, I would compose an ode to it *laughs*

Offline Neil

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 10:57:29 pm »
Update:

Well, it looks like this little mix up was a blessing in disguise.  I sent her a message apologizing for the misunderstanding and I think she has really realized how much I care for her.  I received a beautiful letter from her today full of love and she said she wants to get a job when she comes here.  She is studying English very hard so when we meet we can speak without misunderstandings.  

Last week she told me about the Qingming Festival and asked me if we had similar holidays here.  I told her we didn't have the same holidays but explained about Remembrance Day and that this weekend was Easter, explaining about the Easter Bunny and the Christian aspects of the holiday.  She was very interested so I mailed her a box of chocolates from zchocolate.com .  They emailed me asking for her phone number which isn't listed on Chnlove so I asked her for it.  She gave me her cell phone number today and I asked her if we can set a time for me to call her someday so we can hear each other's voices.  Oh this is getting exciting. 8-)